Phil Housley discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017

f*** off Phil...like honestly

Powerplay is 1 for 16 in the past three games and a huge part of their struggles is how one sided the powerplay is with stone hands Okposo having to be the main distributor/shooter due to Jack getting heavily shadowed.

There's no way that a hall of fame defenseman and millions of dollars in the video/analytics staff can't immediately notice this blatant issue. #GetMittsAndDahlinOnPP1

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
McCabe was injured for the majority of the year, him playing is already an improvement. Beaulieu (can't believe I'm saying this), has improved. But Scandella and Risto are regressing horribly. Our #1 pairing this year is playing far from the quality they played at last year, which was average at best. They are playing at 3rd pairing levels of play. Right now, our best defenseman is Dahlin. It's not even close. We have improved our individual talent level, but they are not close to showing that level of talent on the ice.
I think Dahlin is dragging McCabe around the ice with him and making him look "better" than what he is. He doesn't play with the speed/hockey IQ that is required to be a Top 4 D-Man in today's game. Beaulieu is playing better because he's finally where he should be. He's an OK third pairing guy, but was thrust into Top 4 minutes last year for a period of time.

I agree with you on Risto/Scandella. They're trusted far too much by this coaching staff to play the hard minutes. They get caved in every single game, no matter the opponent. I'm ready to trade Risto, and love the idea of targeting Trouba. Dahlin/Trouba has potential to be an elite top pairing. I think we can then fill in the pieces with Scandella, Guhle and Pilut. I feel this team is going nowhere with Risto as one of the kingpins (same could be said of Eichel, but that's another conversation).
"

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My worst fear is coming true. This team is hovering around .500 in spite of the coaching. If we were 1-5 or some similar variation, Housley might be on the heat seat (or at least a warmer seat than last season). Instead, we are doing just well enough to trick some people into thinking we're improving as a team. The same old mistakes are there - bad passing, inability to enter the zone cleanly, low es goals. Nothing is fixed. No corners have been turned. We just have better roster players than last season, which has afforded us a few more wins than usual. By the time the powers that be realize this, we'll be bottom 5 again.

/drama

Not as bad as my worst fear: A hamburger eating ME!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's amazing that pretty much any sane person can watch 10 minutes of this team and come to the conclusion that the coaching is beyond terrible and that Housley has to go, yet the person running the team can't see this. Everyone is preaching "We can't fire a coach right away, it will kill our credibility" to which I say this: ever hear of a guy named Lou Lamorello? He's a pretty credible exec right? Well years ago with a Devils team on top of their division and a week left in the season he made a coaching change. If he can do that and not be consisered a joke I think it's possible to get rid of a guy completely incompetent and way in over his head after a little more than a year.

Reactions: EichHart

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
This is an important question. Being eaten by a McDonalds hamburger would be a horrible way to die wheras being eaten by a burger from In N Out or Harvey's wouldn't be nearly as bad.
QFT, this kid can attest:
07e9c709ac3c1e7cac6703b1d129e3d3--playgrounds-s-kids.jpg

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Tippett just killing time until he’s HC in Seattle. A much better gig than here.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
This would easily be Nolan's most talented team. I'd love to see what he could get out of a talented team, since he was able to get an ECHL team to nearly ruin the tank
I remember a game on the road against the sharks the Sabres won where I think his 4 centers were like Varone, Ellis, Larsson, and I can't even remember. maybe Flynn? Unbelievable what he was able to get out of his players. Shame the Murray fiasco prevented the chance to see what Nolan could have done with some legit talent.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I remember a game on the road against the sharks the Sabres won where I think his 4 centers were like Varone, Ellis, Larsson, and I can't even remember. maybe Flynn? Unbelievable what he was able to get out of his players. Shame the Murray fiasco prevented the chance to see what Nolan could have done with some legit talent.

Nolan was a terrible coach but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you like him so much

Reactions: ZZamboni

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There's a guy at Mets games in our section who whenever the beleaguered Mickey Callaway would come out of the dugout to usually do something stupid he'd yell out "You Suck Mickey!". We need someone in the 300s at KBA to shout out "You Suck Housley" after his stupidity and hopefully it ends up audible on the broadcast.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Based on one part hunch and one part wishful thinking, i think Botts expects to replace Housley with Taylor when he is ready, and he could bring up some of the Swedes, CJ, etc. with him. However, i think Housley might be worse than he thought and the Amerks may be developing faster than he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad