Phil Housley discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
My reply was to saying Lehner on the team hurts.

I was pointing out that Housley hurts more because he is still here and Lehner is gone.

How did your reply have anything to do with that fact?
I guess we're into semantics now, but replying with "Housley hurts more" to someone who said that having Lehner hurt the team read to me like the direct comparison that I was talking about.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I guess we're into semantics now, but replying with "Housley hurts more" to someone who said that having Lehner hurt the team read to me like the direct comparison that I was talking about.

Welllllllll, Housley is the one that made the decision to start Lehner....;)

I’m curious HOW much Buffalo and the coaching staff knew of his problems. I’m 95% sure Bylsma and staff didn’t, with the reported antics of Dan not having a good relationship with the players.

But even then, I wonder how much Lehner actually told the guys what it was doing to him.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Interesting:
31 Thoughts: NHL embracing new era of fun, personality - Sportsnet.ca
30. We are seeing earlier goalie pulls than normal at the start of this season. It’s not unusual to see nets empty with three minutes to go. This is something analytically inclined minds have been pushing for years. But the bigger storyline might be if it means front offices are taking more control of coaching strategy. We’ve seen that in baseball, where the manager is now an extension of the GM as opposed to an independent mind. There’s always been a separation of church and state in hockey. Is that line blurring?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So, how much rope does he get? He's gotta be the worst NHL coach I've ever witnessed. Surely Botterill must realize how bad he is by now.

So do you not remember Rolston? I do. He was way worse IMO.

As far as your question ... that’s been answered by a lot of people in this thread. I think he’ll be here at the least .... thru the end of November, probably into December. If they turn it around ... then even longer.

Reactions: Eichel9

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Repressed memories.

As far as your question ... that’s been answered by a lot of people in this thread. I think he’ll be here at the least .... thru the end of November, probably into December. If they turn it around ... then even longer.
Yes, I know. My question was more of a plea / expression of exasperation than anything.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So, how much rope does he get? He's gotta be the worst NHL coach I've ever witnessed. Surely Botterill must realize how bad he is by now.
As crappy as we’ve been tonight we came into the game over .500. Which shouldn’t be much of an accomplishment but with what we’ve been for 5+ years it is. So I imagine it would take a prolonged stretch of games like this for Phil to be in trouble.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I've been focusing so much about Boudreau shaking loose and just came to a terrible realization. It's going to be Paul Maurice, isn't it?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Of course Rolston didn't belong behind an NHL bench but he had nothing to work with. He had crap and produced crap. Phail Housley has far more to work with and has produced even greater levels of failure and sucktitude. Compare this team to Montreal. Hell, compare this team to f***ing Ottawa. Both look freaking light years ahead of us right now and it's completely f***ing embarrasing. I'm just fed up with this crap.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
The talent on this team is being completely wasted by Housley. This team looks un-ready to play far too often. This is yet another game where we look pathetic, seen way too many of these under Phil. I'm done with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad