Confirmed with Link: [PHI/WPG] Kevin Hayes UFA rights for a 2019 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Why oh why couldn't Hextall fire Hakstol? Hextall never would have made this move.

Hexy deserved to be fired, but I was fully behind his roster construction, even if he was slow in giving some of the kids a shot.

This is a desperation move when it is entirely unnecessary. May pay off, but I am highly skeptical.

Not impressed with Fletcher so far.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I absolutely hate trading picks for negotiating right. It is non sensical. You now are backed into a corner and have to pay the guy whatever to not look like a moron
Well... If he reaches the market, you risk getting into bidding wars which also drives the price up

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well..I guess we possibly got another PKer...and he actually has collected some SH points.

3, 0, 2, 7 points the last 4 years while on the PK.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I absolutely hate trading picks for negotiating right. It is non sensical. You now are backed into a corner and have to pay the guy whatever to not look like a moron

Normally I dont mind giving up a 5th to negotiate as long as its for the right player and the contract is reasonable.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Why oh why couldn't Hextall fire Hakstol? Hextall never would have made this move.

Hexy deserved to be fired, but I was fully behind his roster construction, even if he was slow in giving some of the kids a shot.

This is a desperation move when it is entirely unnecessary. May pay off, but I am highly skeptical.

Not impressed with Fletcher so far.

Every gm gets 2 coaching hires. Not his fault dave Scott blind sided him. I f***jng hate dave scott

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Well... If he reaches the market, you risk getting into bidding wars which also drives the price up

There are players you chase and overpay for. Hayes it not one of them. I’ll bet my ass shawshank style his contract basically carries negative value at the end of next season.

The new Andrew MacDonald. My god f***.

Reactions: Fragmuffin

Romo511

Apr 9, 2019
Big 3rd line center who can be a stop gap for frost who can probably start out at wing. Can fill in 2nd line center if Patrick starts slow. As long as the contract isn’t outrageous I don’t see a downside to this. At least he can play and isn’t a Weise type player. We have pretty good size at center now too.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
2F8418D1-9E01-4801-A809-269C5CB89B55.gif

Hextall after seeing the flyers trade away a 5th round pick.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
There are a lot of opportunities to make a big splash this summer. This move significantly underwhelms

Reactions: Fragmuffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad