Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Sanheim signs extension with the Flyers (2 years, $4.675M AAV)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah York will be ready to roll once sanheim’s contract is up. That will give us flexibility if we really can’t re-sign him at that point

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
what would the ask be from the kings?
We will have to see in 1 year. We need him this year for the top 4 along with Provy, Ellis and Risto.

Next offseason we may lose/want to lose Risto. Or does Frost look like a top 6 player in the future....or not.

The Flyers have depth....they need to consolidate some depth for higher end guys in the future. SO who knows, he could be part of a bigger deal to a team.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Don't understand this for Philly. Couldn't they have let him go to arb and taken a 1 year deal, then work on an extension, if they think he is worthy during next season?

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
fine, would you pay him 5 based on previous year?
Well in that aspect nobody on our team is worth more than 5 million because not a single player played above that pay range, but the years previous they all played well the team as a whole was hot garbage last season and everyone had bad seasons he’s worth that based on previous years besides last, while I don’t agree with dragging him to ufa it’s what he deserved and he maybe got more from arbitration who knows

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I still can't understand those who think Ristolainen sucks, or is somehow the worst dman in the NHL.....
RR55 will clock something like in the range of 25-31 minutes a game for the flyers, sucky players won't play that much....
How did it work out for the Sabres when Risto was playjng the big minutes?

He needs to be sheltered. Use him for his strengths and avoid his many weaknesses and you will have a much better looking player.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Overpaid and takes him directly to UFA? What a weird contract.

As a fan of divisional rival i salute this.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That's a bad contract that I wasn't expecting. The AAV doesn't bother me much, but that AAV connected to term that walks him right to UFA status would be much harder to stomach. It's relatively easy to imagine a scenario in which Sanheim fills out to be exactly what the Flyers need right as he's set for UFA status because the Flyers just had to overpay for questionable assets this off-season.

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Had I believed what people were saying about Sanheim on HF for probably 5 years straight, I would have expected this contract to be 9-10m / yr. One of the most hyped d-men prospects who just never panned out as anticipated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad