Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Sanheim signs extension with the Flyers (2 years, $4.675M AAV)

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I would love him in la He would he the unicorn Blake speaks of , Any chance Flyers trade him and if so what would they think is fair from La

Reactions: Guitpik

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If they went to arbitration wouldn’t it be a one or two year deal anyways? I never understand people who criticize the teams in these situation for “walking the player to ufa”. If the player goes to arbitration they can force that all they want. The team doesn’t have leverage to force them to sign longer.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If they went to arbitration wouldn’t it be a one or two year deal anyways? I never understand people who criticize the teams in these situation for “walking the player to ufa”. If the player goes to arbitration they can force that all they want. The team doesn’t have leverage to force them to sign longer.

Exactly. Philly essentially had zero space or wiggle room to give Sanheim that longer contract! You can see why the Canes let Dougie get his mega-deal in New Jersey seeing that it appears and Svech and the Canes are on the verge of a max 8 year pact!

Reactions: bleedgreen

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Fletcher had to spend to the cap ceiling so that way it looks like he’s doing his job.

I would expect the Flyers to carry a 22 man roster this season 13F-7D-2G.

That means guys like Allison, Laczynski and York will be in the minors to start the season unless an LTIR injury or two gives them a recall.

Hayes may not be ready when the season starts but it remains to be seen if Fletcher places him on LTIR as Fletcher doesn’t seem like a big fan of LTIR.

My guess is that Sanheim is paired with Ryan Ellis.

Reactions: Chevx

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
with the situation of the Flyers D last year they may have come out on top with this contract.....

they stuck with ghost and Myers all year and were able to move both this off season, won't get into why :sarcasm:

Sanheim hasn't really peaked yet....we'll see if he does

I like the moves Fletch made concerning the Flyers D ..... WAY TOO many goals against least year .....

not to mention some "attitudes" in the locker room :ha:

excited for the coming season :thumbu:

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
If it was this or arbitration, they should've go there and sign him for one year. After a season in front of Jones or doghouse permanent Hart and with one of those newcoming stars next to him, his stats might look like he's worth 2,5 per longterm.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He had a bad season but the 2 year prior were good. This really doesn’t seem a deal cap hit for a top 4 D. I’d take him to play behind Nurse at this cap hit in a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad