Eklund Rumor: PHI offering TOR a defenseman for William Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Habs fan here... I don't see the Leafs trading Nylander for anybody but Provorov and I don't see the Flyers trading Provorov. Sanheim, Myers, etc and adding a piece on top does not do it for the Leafs.... even if you think the Leafs need to move Nylander's cap space for a D. And remember, Leafs need a RD, not LD. They just signed Brodie who is a left shot who likes to play on the right side. Any big D they add, has to be a right shot at this stage and if they ever move Nylander, it probably should be for someone on a ELC/Bridge deal so they save even more cap space for other parts of the line-up

I don't see the point of 31 pages of chatter.

I wouldn't consider sending Sanheim+ for someone like Nylander.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
the Leafs aren't getting Provorov because the Flys aren't going to part with him but Sanheim they could legitimately get. but it would take Sanheim + so I don't know how gung ho they'd be about that? o_O

Sanheim isn't a fit . He plays the wrong side, as mentioned previously several times; hed play behind the 2 superior left d (Rielly and Muzzin) already in house. Hed be wasted /a huge luxury playing that role.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Habs fan here... I don't see the Leafs trading Nylander for anybody but Provorov and I don't see the Flyers trading Provorov. Sanheim, Myers, etc and adding a piece on top does not do it for the Leafs.... even if you think the Leafs need to move Nylander's cap space for a D. And remember, Leafs need a RD, not LD. They just signed Brodie who is a left shot who likes to play on the right side. Any big D they add, has to be a right shot at this stage and if they ever move Nylander, it probably should be for someone on a ELC/Bridge deal so they save even more cap space for other parts of the line-up

I don't see the point of 31 pages of chatter.
wow very well said habs guy, it doesn't happen very often a habs fan talking smart leaf chatter...

Reactions: Marner4Life

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I wouldn't consider sending Sanheim+ for someone like Nylander.
hey guys there is no trade happening regarding leafs and flyers, there isn't a fit here leafs need a rd not ld if it ever happens, flyers are not a fit, not because of value just fit, and if it ever would happen the right trade would be provorov if ever there is a deal to be made one for one and if dubas does anything else with the flyers he deserves to be fired...just my take, oh shut this thread down already...lot of crap going on..

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
hey guys there is no trade happening regarding leafs and flyers, there isn't a fit here leafs need a rd not ld if it ever happens, flyers are not a fit, not because of value just fit, and if it ever would happen the right trade would be provorov if ever there is a deal to be made one for one and if dubas does anything else with the flyers he deserves to be fired...just my take, oh shut this thread down already...lot of crap going on..
Well there would never be a deal that would involve Provorov so I agree that a trade between the Flyers and Leafs would never happen.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Great!! So tell your Flyers fan friends to stop trying to convince us how much we should want these guys.
It's more that someone should tell Eklund to stop making up these stupid rumours involving Flyers defensemen who won't get moved. The Flyers don't have cap space to take on a higher cap hit like Nylander's anyways. So it sounds like Leafs fans are happy with their D and the same for Flyers fans with theirs. So someone shut down this thread.

Reactions: Breeze 44

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
The Leafs have 9 NHL caliber d-men competing for 6 spots right now. They're not trading a core forward away to just add to that logjam. This makes zero sense. 3 months ago maybe, but not now.

They may have 9 NHL caliber d-men but do they have 6 you are comfortable with? Rielly, Brodie and Muzzin are legit dmen on any team, but beyond that it's either questionable skillet or still developing (ie Sandin & Dermott).

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
They may have 9 NHL caliber d-men but do they have 6 you are comfortable with? Rielly, Brodie and Muzzin are legit dmen on any team, but beyond that it's either questionable skillet or still developing (ie Sandin & Dermott).

Yes, very very comfortable. People underrate this D like crazy. I honestly don’t even know if a guy like Bogo, who just played a regular role on the cup winning team, should be getting a full time spot with the depth we now have.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
If I'm TOR I'm thinking of more creative ways to get d-man than feeling like I 'have' to trade Nylander, Marner etc.

Very regrettable. Especially if the player is older.

I think in the right circumstance Nylander has P/PG potential.

It'd have to be for a damn good 2 way d man.. not an OFF D

The kind of d-man TOR would probably want can be had for far less than Nylander imo

The90

Feb 27, 2017
If I'm TOR I'm thinking of more creative ways to get d-man than feeling like I 'have' to trade Nylander, Marner etc.

The kind of d-man TOR would probably want can be had for far less than Nylander imo
Agree with this.

the leafs have the puck movers they need a meat and potatoes guy back there that can make the safe play and kill penaltys. A savard from cbj type.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Unfortunately, many Leafs fans don't fully value some of these guys, and those teams that do have them, both the team and fans don't want to move them. I'd love to pick up a Manson/Savard type player, to be a partner with Rielly. Rielly seems to excel with a solid defensive partner, and I think with such a partner, and Muzzin with Brodie, would be a solid top four.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Absolutely 100 percent , beyond a shadow of a doubt . Better players and far better for the roles each is expected to fill (puck moving ,play driving offensive d on top pair /pp, and anchor on match up pair respectively). Thank you for your 1 word contribution though, very enlightening.
You're 100% wrong on everything you said here, 100 percent beyond a shadow of a doubt. Better player than Muzzin and far better for the roles each is expected to fill (puck moving ,play driving offensive d on top pair /pp, and anchor on match up pair respectively). Thank you for your essay of word vomit though, very enlightening.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

I can't think of a more idea situation for a player to be in, if he has PPG potential he's not doing it anywhere if he can't in Toronto.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's no chance Flyers would trade Sanheim or Myers for Nylander straight up. It has nothing to do with player talent, in a vacuum Nylander is above both. It has everything to do with team needs and cap.

That works two ways.

So, this trade idea is not worth talking about then right?

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
I can't think of a more idea situation for a player to be in, if he has PPG potential he's not doing it anywhere if he can't in Toronto.

even if he plateaus rather than develops further he is a play driving winger good to flirt with 40 goals and 70 pts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That works two ways.

So, this trade idea is not worth talking about then right?
Correct...it's not.

The Flyers have Konecny, Voracek and Farabee as their RWers. There is no "need" for Nylander despite what Ek writes. And they NEED to keep Provy, Sanheim and Myers for their top 3 D going into the ED.

IF it's true that the Flyers offered someone, 100% it was Ghost. And the Leafs of course said no and either said WN is not moving, or countered with one of the 3 coming back and the Flyers said no.

EZ PZ.

Flyers don't need a RWer
Leafs don't need a LHD

There is no trade that makes sense for both teams given needs, strengths and weaknesses. Of course GM's do dumb stuff all the time so there is always a possibility of some deal getting done that leaves one side scratching their head. But I think from the Flyers POV, they 100% are not going to go into next year with 2/3 of Ghost, Gus, Braun in their top 4 next year. And trading one of the top 3 D does this.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Being on the lowest PP time team in the league over the last 3 years is an ideal situation?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You're 100% wrong on everything you said here, 100 percent beyond a shadow of a doubt. Better player than Muzzin and far better for the roles each is expected to fill (puck moving ,play driving offensive d on top pair /pp, and anchor on match up pair respectively). Thank you for your essay of word vomit though, very enlightening.

Your Flyers homerism doesn't change reality. Thanks for contributing nothing otherwise... once again. I guess imitation is a form of flattery?^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad