Eklund Rumor: PHI offering TOR a defenseman for William Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zero chance. It would be Myers, Provorov or Sanheim. It's not happening regardless. Leafs have already improved their d and fit all the key guys on O. Ecklund is also the source so there is additionally that....

Prov or San, maybe. Not Myers. Not Ghost.
That's my guess if this is at all for real.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Eklund at least check capfriendly before you post a bogus rumour. Philly has 4M in cap space with 4 players to sign. Unless it’s Provorov coming back this makes no sense at all.

P.S. Philly isn’t moving Provorov and he’s the only dman that would motivate Dubas to move Willy.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Eklund at least check capfriendly before you post a bogus rumour. Philly has 4M in cap space with 4 players to sign. Unless it’s Provorov coming back this makes no sense at all.

P.S. Philly isn’t moving Provorov and he’s the only dman that would motivate Dubas to move Willy.

I see Myers unsigned. Who are the other three?

Reactions: BHD

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Isn't Philly the one team he apparently has some credibility when it comes to?
Regardless they are good trade partners imo
I've read on here that's not so much the case anymore, once Hextall became GM I believe, he was shut out of having a source

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Maybe people haven't noticed but the Leafs are actually fairly deep on defense. And they're not at all deep on offense, so trading a star forward doesn't make much sense right now. The only way the offense will remain elite is having two stars on each of the top two lines.

I never wanted to trade Nylander. But if you were going to deal him, you do that before trading Johnsson and Kapanen and using all that cap space on Brodie.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I know the leafs quality of D isn’t high, but if they trade for a D man, they have to also ship a d man out due to roster space.

Provorov and Nylander are almost making the exact same in the cap. Highly doubt either team does this with their teams being basically fully constructed.

Leafs would need to add a legit forward if Willy goes.

Would Dermott and Nylander for Patrick and Provorov interest philly? Probably not but I figured I’d throw it out there. Provorov probably worth more than Willy but still Patrick may never recover from his injuries. Injuries (albeit different ones) were a concern of his in junior too

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Maybe people haven't noticed but the Leafs are actually fairly deep on defense. And they're not at all deep on offense, so trading a star forward doesn't make much sense right now. The only way the offense will remain elite is having two stars on each of the top two lines.

I never wanted to trade Nylander. But if you were going to deal him, you do that before trading Johnsson and Kapanen and using all that cap space on Brodie.

Deep doesn't really mean good, though.

Is Prorov better than Sanheim?

Absolutely.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Burke says on Chiclets "the Leafs HAVE to trade Nylander for a defenseman". Eklund says right after "Flyers offering a defenseman for Nylander".

I'll say something I've said at least 500 times on this website: We're not trading Nylander.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
im sorry but who are those 9 NHL caliber D men ?
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Lehtonen
Bogosian/Sandin/Liljegren

There you go. Liljegren and Sandin are young but coming off very good seasons for their ages at the AHL and all of the others aside from Lehtonen have shown they can have varying roles on NHL d-cores.

Are there question marks / weak spots? Sure there are, but those are definitely all NHL calibre players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad