Eklund Rumor: PHI offering TOR a defenseman for William Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
They also came back the next year and won the cup..... you’re also using a team who actually has been on the brink of contention and everyone knew they were going to win, they have one of the best goalies in the league, an unreal defense core and great forwards, they pretty much won a cup without stamkos who is practically your matthews or marner, if you guys lost one of them for an entire season you’d be competing for first overall
The point is they still lost in a 7 game series and got swept. Anything can happen in a small sample size. Before the season was on hold the leafs were in a playoff spot and 12th (I believe overall). Not to mention the 2 years before that they finished 7th overall in the league. It’s not shocking that a young team loses to an experienced veteran team in Boston and Washington.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah right, sure he'd be on the first line..... According to you.

If he's so great, keep him. Stop trying to convince us we should want him, because it's rather pointless, isn't it? Trying to convince someone that we should want a player that we don't want, while simultaneously saying you want to keep him? What's the point?

Keep him then. You want to keep him, we don't want him, problem solved!!!

I'm happy to keep Myers, have no interest in Nylander so problem is solved in my eyes, but it is a fact that Toronto's fan base ALWAYS over values it's players yet they
are always trying to propose trades for other teams top players but giving bac 4th liners who only are there because being blocked by Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Matthews ... or your Marlie players
that are also held back because of such talent. We'll keep Myers.. in fact we'll keep all of ours and you roll with yours and we will see how this pans out...again.

Reactions: mercury

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I'm happy to keep Myers, have no interest in Nylander so problem is solved in my eyes, but it is a fact that Toronto's fan base ALWAYS over values it's players yet they
are always trying to propose trades for other teams top players but giving bac 4th liners who only are there because being blocked by Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Matthews ... or your Marlie players
that are also held back because of such talent. We'll keep Myers.. in fact we'll keep all of ours and you roll with yours and we will see how this pans out...again.

says the guy who's fanbase is trying to peddle Myers as a first pairing dman.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Just a heads up, every fan base over rates their players. Toronto just has a really big fan base.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Maybe I'm biased
But more often than not Leaf fans are closer in their over rating....than the haters are in their under rating.

I wish we could come up with a table and make people accountable.

We all submit our player value (with a sample trade) and update it bi-annually.... when players are traded it sets a score depending on how close in value.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Maybe I'm biased
But more often than not Leaf fans are closer in their over rating....than the haters are in their under rating.

We all submit our player value (with a sample trade) and update it bi-annually.... when players are traded it sets a score depending on how close in value.

Going to have to agree that you're biased and disagree that your ( not yours personally) are closer. I would like to to that as well..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs fan here... I don't see the Leafs trading Nylander for anybody but Provorov and I don't see the Flyers trading Provorov. Sanheim, Myers, etc and adding a piece on top does not do it for the Leafs.... even if you think the Leafs need to move Nylander's cap space for a D. And remember, Leafs need a RD, not LD. They just signed Brodie who is a left shot who likes to play on the right side. Any big D they add, has to be a right shot at this stage and if they ever move Nylander, it probably should be for someone on a ELC/Bridge deal so they save even more cap space for other parts of the line-up

I don't see the point of 31 pages of chatter.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
one guy doesn't make a fan base.. and maybe that's a lot like a fan base that tries to peddle almost everyone as a 1st line player...

yeah, Nylander would never be first line, never mind he scored 31 goals in a shortened season..... We should definitely trade him for an elite dman like Myers...

Why are you still trying to peddle your crap? go sell it elsewhere.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Habs fan here... I don't see the Leafs trading Nylander for anybody but Provorov and I don't see the Flyers trading Provorov. Sanheim, Myers, etc and adding a piece on top does not do it for the Leafs.... even if you think the Leafs need to move Nylander's cap space for a D. And remember, Leafs need a RD, not LD. They just signed Brodie who is a left shot who likes to play on the right side. Any big D they add, has to be a right shot at this stage and if they ever move Nylander, it probably should be for someone on a ELC/Bridge deal so they save even more cap space for other parts of the line-up

Exactly, players like Sanheim and Myers don't move the needle, so why cough up a player like Nylander for someone who really doesn't help the team?

They say they don't want to move them, then argue for days about how we should be happy to move Nyldander from them. It makes no sense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly, players like Sanheim and Myers don't move the needle, so why cough up a player like Nylander for someone who really doesn't help the team?

They say they don't want to move them, then argue for days about how we should be happy to move Nyldander from them. It makes no sense.

As a neutral fan, I understand it from both sides but I'm siding with the Leafs on this one. Leafs are not going to trade Nylander for a fringe top 4D or average one with a future on top. They might if they get a fringe top paring guy who is close to Nylander's age. Leafs are not going to gamble on moving Nylander for a D that they "hope" can be a 40 pts and 10 goal guy who is effective in his own end... in a few years. They need it now

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Just a heads up, every fan base over rates their players. Toronto just has a really big fan base.
Indeed
Maybe I'm biased

If that were true you guys would be going on your 6th cup in a row.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

There's no chance Flyers would trade Sanheim or Myers for Nylander straight up. It has nothing to do with player talent, in a vacuum Nylander is above both. It has everything to do with team needs and cap.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

Any credibility you may have had is gone in an instant.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

The majority of Flyers fans don't want to move Sanheim or Myers and the same can be said for Leafs fans not wanting to move Nylander. So it is funny that there are 31 pages of crap going back and forth over something neither side wants. Eklund has proven to be an idiot and will continue to be one when it comes to his rumours. As a Flyers fans I'll gladly kept Sanheim and Myers and continue to build from the goalie out with Hart and 3 young defensemen in Provorov, Sanheim and Myers. As for the Flyers forwards they'll come along. Toronto has a small window to try and win something. Dubas has Andersen as a lame duck goalie going into this season and they'll have to determine if they're going to stay with him going forward or look for someone else. I'm looking forward to seeing the All-Canadian division and depending how Bettman structures the playoffs there is a very good chance the Leafs might make it out of the first round considering they might not have to face the Bruins or Lightning. Maybe the best part of an All Canadian division is maybe the Leafs and Habs will face each other in the first round and every non Leafs and Habs fans will be able to sit back and watch these two fanbases go at each other. So keep Nylander and good luck on the season.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

Like Kapanen, who returned 15th overall and a solid prospect.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
In Toronto he is.

Hes really not . He doesn't knock Brodie out of the top Rd spot. He was signed specifically to fill it . Over time maybe he gets there if things fall right. Realistically he'd start on the 2nd or 3rd pair. I imagine he'd work w Muzzin , however we know for a fact that Holl works in that tandem (as the match-up pair). And again Sanheim plays Ld where the Leafs have the aforementioned Muzzin and Rielly very clearly higher up in the pecking order.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Hes really not . He doesn't knock Brodie out of the top Rd spot. He was signed specifically to fill it . Over time maybe he gets there if things fall right. Realistically he'd start on the 2nd or 3rd pair. I imagine he'd work w Muzzin , however we know for a fact that Holl works in that tandem (as the match-up pair). And again Sanheim plays Ld where the Leafs have the aforementioned Muzzin and Rielly very clearly higher up in the pecking order.

It's so funny how people can't show Rielly any respect. Also funny how in LA Muzzin was regarded as top pairing as he played with Doughty and now he's just average second pair guy same thing happening with Brodie after years with Gio.

And every year its the same song on HF "lol the Leafs D is soo bad my teams 3rd pairing/healthy scratch guy would EASILY be top pair in Toronto."

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
yeah, Nylander would never be first line, never mind he scored 31 goals in a shortened season..... We should definitely trade him for an elite dman like Myers...

Why are you still trying to peddle your crap? go sell it elsewhere.

Comprehension is vital.... I'll say it again for the guys in the back, keep your guy and we will keep ours, see you at seasons end. :popcorn:

Reactions: tictactoe

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
The majority of Flyers fans don't want to move Sanheim or Myers and the same can be said for Leafs fans not wanting to move Nylander. So it is funny that there are 31 pages of crap going back and forth over something neither side wants. Eklund has proven to be an idiot and will continue to be one when it comes to his rumours. As a Flyers fans I'll gladly kept Sanheim and Myers and continue to build from the goalie out with Hart and 3 young defensemen in Provorov, Sanheim and Myers. As for the Flyers forwards they'll come along. Toronto has a small window to try and win something. Dubas has Andersen as a lame duck goalie going into this season and they'll have to determine if they're going to stay with him going forward or look for someone else. I'm looking forward to seeing the All-Canadian division and depending how Bettman structures the playoffs there is a very good chance the Leafs might make it out of the first round considering they might not have to face the Bruins or Lightning. Maybe the best part of an All Canadian division is maybe the Leafs and Habs will face each other in the first round and every non Leafs and Habs fans will be able to sit back and watch these two fanbases go at each other. So keep Nylander and good luck on the season.
Great!! So tell your Flyers fan friends to stop trying to convince us how much we should want these guys.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Zero chance. It would be Myers, Provorov or Sanheim.

the Leafs aren't getting Provorov because the Flys aren't going to part with him but Sanheim they could legitimately get. but it would take Sanheim + so I don't know how gung ho they'd be about that? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad