Confirmed with Link: [PHI/LA] Vincent Lecavalier & Luke Schenn for Jordan Weal & 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
I'm a Bruins fan but I made a thread on here a while back about Weal, one of my favorite players.

Couple guys said they wouldn't be surprised if he's moved because of depth at Center in LA, plus he can't be sent down without getting waived right?

Regardless, probably not the worst deal LA could have got for him in the position you guys are in, Vinny and Luke can help.. at least to some degree.

Hope Weal gets to see some better playing time opportunity in Philly!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Apparently Lecavalier is retiring at the end of this season. Don't know what that means for our cap after it.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Renaud Lavoie ‎@renlavoietva

Vincent Lecavalier will play for the #kings for the rest of the season and intend to retire at the end of it. Last season in the NHL.

So it ends ups L Schenn for Weal...total win for Hexy. I feel like the Leafs fan did when they got JVR for him.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Schenn is a decent piece you guys got. I always thought Flyers fans were too hard on him because JvR was the player given up to get him, but he's a solid defensive defenseman. Can play pk and second pair minutes. Won't ever do anything flashy, will make mistakes, but he's solid.

Vinny is a waste even at 50% salary. Only thing you can hope is that maybe he just hated Philly and can rejuvenate himself in LA...but I wouldn't count on it...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Not sure how I feel about this. Retaining salary on both Schenn and Vinny helps, but I know both players have fallen out of favor really fast with Philly management. Value wise, a 3rd and Weal is nothing, I'm just concerned that it's not really much of an upgrade.

Fortunately Renaud Lavoie says Vinny is going to retire at the end of the year

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m1 minute ago
Lecavalier's agent Kent Hughes confirms his client Vincent Lecavalier will retire at the end of the season, forgoing final 2 yrs of his deal
------------------------------------
Now it kinda makes sense.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Dean knows something we don't (probably re: Greene). Shenn's the only part that really matters in the trade given this...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m1 minute ago
Lecavalier's agent Kent Hughes confirms his client Vincent Lecavalier will retire at the end of the season, forgoing final 2 yrs of his deal

Vinny gets one last kick at a Cup and the Kings get a safety net.

I always liked Lecavalier. I know he's been poo in Philly, but part of me thinks that the Philly tire fire has something to do with that.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
This move has the potential to be anything. We might have some wicked depth if our system brings out the best in these to guys, it might blow up in our faces chemistry wise, or it may fizzle and both get scratched and we are out nothing from our original roster.

Its a risk, but in no way is it a backbreaker if DL is high and wide. Pending UFA and a pending retiree.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Why Schenn though? We could have just gotten a parking cone or a folding chair to play his role for free. What is Lombardi doing?

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...avalier-could-be-open-to-terminating-contract

ESPN Report: Vincent Lecavalier could be open to terminating contract
The truly interesting news came directly from LeBrun, who provided a theory that to this point had been limited to wishful thinking from the blogosphere.

My sense is Lecavalier’s agent, Kent Hughes, has made it clear to teams that if they took a chance on his client, an effort would be made to ensure those final two years on the deal wouldn't hang over the club in one form or another.

This isn’t about money for Lecavalier; it’s about wanting to prove he’s still got some hockey left in him, even if in some smaller role.

EDIT: SOme of you general fanagers need a jump to conclusions mat.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
My reaction to this trade...

ljWIIP8.gif

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
They got two rental players for like half the price, they needed another center and maybe kings system will help Vinny out. Schenn will provide some physicality on bottom pairing that's been missing with greene out.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i'm okay with this. i didn't see Weal ever making the line up. from what i saw this season he won't make LA's line up at C and he is to small to play the wing is this system. he was going to be traded at some point i firmly believe.

i think Schenn will turn into another reclamation project, the same way they did with McNabb. work him slowly on the third pairing and shield him so he can regain his game. he has played for two teams that are and have been historical disasters on D for his career. TOR and PHI....both teams have been horrible and that will take its toll on a guy's psyche.

Vinny is obviously not what he was, but in a limited role he could fit in well as the #3C between King and Brown. the other option is DL moves him along to another team in need of a C as the TDL approaches.

i think dean had to take Vinny to get Schenn. it was a "pay it forward" favor to Hextall, in order to get the guy he wanted. will be interesting to see how this shakes out further

Ron*

DL does it again.

Please bookmark this thread when we are lifting the Cup again in June. We finally got a solid defensive D to shore up the blue line and Vinny is retiring at the end of the year anyway.

Tony and Buddy are right, and the rest of you are overreacting. Think about it and repost, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad