Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Flyers re-sign Oskar Lindblom to three year extension (3 years, $3M AAV)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Good for Philly giving him a 3 year deal. Great respect on their part... I've personally seen what cancer does and it's tough to plan ahead and predict what the future holds... I pray hes ok going forward and he can continue doing his thing!!!

Great deal for both sides

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Dang only $3 AAV? What a steal... Wonder if its American or Canadian three dollars?

JK lol

Great story and glad to see him back!

Reminds me of back when then-former Eagle Nick Foles was a Ram, my local newspaper published a headline (in print!) of "Foles Signs 2 Year $24 Extension With Rams." Like, shit, that's an NFL quarterback, I'd have thrown the guy at least $30 over two years to just hang out and play catch.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Great deal. Such bullshit, unfair taxes...wait...wrong team. I thought players only sign good deals because of taxes. Well whatever, great signing for Philly.

I guess you think you are making a point here?
You aren’t sick of being wrong about taxes again?

great for him to get security after his illness and fans are excited about his potential.

But he has a career high of 33 pts and got 3x3 in a known flat cap. The contract is comparable and definitely not “a steal” compared to recent RFA deals for teams in “high tax” markets you are obsessed with.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Hope he stays in remission and cancer doesn't derail his career. Same can be said about this thread.

Reactions: Morrison

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
I don’t even know how to compare these numbers. But he was a top 6 forward before cancer. Can’t be mad at 3 mil. Don’t even care what the value is. Just happy he’s got some security and a pro team medically to be on top monitoring his health.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Good for Philly giving him a 3 year deal. Great respect on their part... I've personally seen what cancer does and it's tough to plan ahead and predict what the future holds... I pray hes ok going forward and he can continue doing his thing!!!

Great deal for both sides

It's a great story, one of the best feel good stories in a long time, and good for him to get some financial security just in case he doesn't regain form but Philly didn't really do him a big favor with this deal. In fact, it's very team friendly. Really good player

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It's a great story, one of the best feel good stories in a long time, and good for him to get some financial security just in case he doesn't regain form but Philly didn't really do him a big favor with this deal. In fact, it's very team friendly. Really good player

Yet also(and I HATE saying it) a risky move by Philly signing him to a 3 year deal with what is going on with him. Honestly I thought it would end up being a 1 year deal they agree on just to see what happens. Almost like they scratched each others backs... Lindblom takes a little less yet Philly gives him 3 years.

Happy to see him signed and I hope he is good to go!!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Great deal for both parties. Lindblom gets the security of 9 million guaranteed. The Flyers get him a a good/great rate assuming he does recover with not setbacks.

And in 3 years, if he is healthy and a 60 + guy, he gets a big raise once the cap starts going up again. But if someone like Farabee passes him on the depth chart in 2 years and he is a 40-50 point guy, then his next contract will reflect that.

Perfect contract for both sides.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Great deal. Such bullshit, unfair taxes...wait...wrong team. I thought players only sign good deals because of taxes. Well whatever, great signing for Philly.

Philly has been getting great value on their contracts in the last few years, which is interesting because they were doing the exact opposite not too long ago.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I cannot believe he will play in NHL again... Against all odds.. What a story for the Flyers, NHL and sport in general.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I'm so happy for him, it's great for the organization to sign him to a high risk contract for them considering he may relapse and never play again. In that scenario the Flyers would simply put him on LTIR and get the cap space back but this shows a lot of respect for the player and gives him a lot of security if he can't in fact ever play again.

On a more positive note, with the way he was playing this year before being sidelined with cancer, if he gets back to that form this contract is going to be a STEAL!!! Let's not forget that he was 2and in goals for the Flyers before going down and was a keys contributor to our secondary scoring.

This is a "security for the player and wait and see contract for the team". Grwat to see, a win win for both sides.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Can he be eligible if he wasn't on the training camp roster?

I'm not sure of the rules during COVID times

He was on the Flyers opening day roster, played half the season then went on LTIR. If he's ready to play the Flyers can activate him of LTIR just like any other season and he can play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad