Confirmed Trade: [PHI/EDM] Cooper Marody for 2019 3rd round

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Lol, Chiarelli trades a 3rd for a 6th essentially. Chiarelli just loves getting bent. Is this guy for real ? Chiarelli was asked for a reason to trade the 3rd. His response.
chiarellishrug.jpg

search

This is a joke, right?

Reactions: perseus

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Can you provide a complete insightful scouting report on this kid if you're so sure that the Oilers lost this one? You realize that draft day value isn't what a guy's value will be in a year or more, right?

I swear, Chiarelli could trade Slepyshev for Erik Karlsson and some Oiler fans would still respons with, LOL, Chiarelli's dum".
eh man, im just under the assumption a 3rd and a player in the offseason simply nets you a better player just asset management man, not trades for the sake of trading for career college players. Scouting report or not.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
eh man, im just under the assumption a 3rd and a player in the offseason simply nets you a better player just asset management man, not trades for the sake of trading for career college players. Scouting report or not.
:laugh:

Reactions: perseus

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Something like this was bound to happen for Philly.

They have a ton of center prospects that have just or are about to turn pro. Whether Marody told Hextall he was going back for his senior year and didn't plan on signing in Philly or if Hextall made this move irregardless of Marody's decision doesn't really matter.

This helps spread out our prospect development and gives the Flyers a nice mid round pick for a guy that was pretty far down the prospect depth chart.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

I'm not saying anyone won or lost this trade, but this kind of logic legitimately hurts my brain.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Can you provide a complete insightful scouting report on this kid if you're so sure that the Oilers lost this one? You realize that draft day value isn't what a guy's value will be in a year or more, right?

I swear, Chiarelli could trade Slepyshev for Erik Karlsson and some Oiler fans would still respons with, LOL, Chiarelli's dum".
He probably still thinks Yakupov's value is 1st overall. Apparently when you are only 21 and were drafted 3 years ago, where you were drafted is what matters, no matter how well you play. Even more silly is he has never seen him play and knows nothing about him and still criticizes, which makes him look even less intelligent.

Reactions: nabob and Yarbles02

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Good move by the Oilers. Solid prospect. Now hopefully he doesn’t go to free agency...

You would hope they actually talked with him or his agent first to see if they could get a deal done before trading a relatively high pick for someone who can just decide to go for free agency. Is he due for FA this summer if not signed before July 1st? Or what's the deal in that regard, if anyone knows.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You would hope they actually talked with him or his agent first to see if they could get a deal done before trading a relatively high pick for someone who can just decide to go for free agency. Is he due for FA this summer if not signed before July 1st? Or what's the deal in that regard, if anyone knows.
It's Chia so who knows.

He can turn pro or go to uni for another year. If he finishes his year at uni next year unsigned, he can walk.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It's Chia so who knows.

He can turn pro or go to uni for another year. If he finishes his year at uni next year unsigned, he can walk.

That's what scares me. A 3rd rounder gets you a darn good prospect most drafts, if your scouting is worth their salt. We've been getting some guys with very good potential lately with even later picks, IMO. I hope this guy was scouted and they are confident in that he'll a) sign with the team; and b) his skating and other skills have potential utility on an NHL team.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Lol, Chiarelli trades a 3rd for a 6th essentially. Chiarelli just loves getting bent. Is this guy for real ? Chiarelli was asked for a reason to trade the 3rd. His response.
chiarellishrug.jpg

search
Except a 3rd round pick is a complete crap shoot 18 year old that wouldn't help the Oilers or any of their affiliates in a minum of 3 years ...the "6th rounder" we got today in Marody is 21 and can be a Condor as soon as next week and much further along in development than some 18 yr old they would draft. I give Chiarelli crap as much as the next guy...but when credit is due..you should give it...and in this case..he should get some.

Reactions: nabob

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Who?

@free0717 , trades can still be made just the player can't play for the team in the playoffs IIRC.

Trades can still be made after the deadline, but the players moved can't play in the playoffs.

The trade deadline isn't actually a trade deadline.

Any players traded after the "deadline" just aren't eligible for the NHL playoffs.

You can trade after the deadline they just won' be able to play in the play off if your in from what I recall

A trade can be made any time you want

Trades can be made any time, the players moved are not eligible for the playoffs.

can you run that by me one more time? not sure if i get it

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He probably still thinks Yakupov's value is 1st overall. Apparently when you are only 21 and were drafted 3 years ago, where you were drafted is what matters, no matter how well you play. Even more silly is he has never seen him play and knows nothing about him and still criticizes, which makes him look even less intelligent.

Good one. :thumbu:. Calls another poster out then says contradicts himself by making an assumption. Such a solid comeback. Lol.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Do team's ever make trades after the deadline specifically to help them try to make the playoffs? Only to have that player sit out of the playoffs?

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
He just finished his junior season so if he goes back for another season he could just wait a few months longer after finishing school and become a UFA (recent examples: Kerfoot, Butcher, Hayes. So yes, that is a risk. But I'd think he wants to get his pro career going after having the season that he just had with Michigan.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Ive identified the problem. You clearly have no idea what youre talking about.

If Marody works out , im all for it. Just don't believe it will based on Chia's track record. Its an opinion bud, lay of the condescending remarks. Move on,
go outside enjoy the sun.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

I'm not saying anyone won or lost this trade, but this kind of logic legitimately hurts my brain.

As it should. The fact that prospects improve and circumstances change appear to be lost on that poster.

I’m assuming he’d be fine with a low 2nd for Ethan Bear too - after all he was a 5th round pick.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Any Flyers fans got any insight as to how his skating is along with other attributes? Looking at his stats he seems like a decent player who progressed each year in NCAA in terms of scoring.

If he makes it to the NHL it will most likely a bottom six forward. To me he is a AHL player at best. But I have been wrong before.

Reactions: McFlash97

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I posted this a few weeks ago and added a bit more info:

Giroux Couturier Konecny
Lindblom Patrick Voracek

That top 6 could be in place for the next 4 years. And even then, it's Couts and G who are UFA's so they could re-sign.

Ratcliffe Frost Allison
Rubstov Vorobyev Aube-Kubel
Twarynski Laczynski Kase
Strome Marody Sushko
Cates Bunnaman Lycksell

And to think, the Flyers have 2 1st rounders in which 1 will be used on a F for sure. And everyone else we draft in just 3 months time.
And still has Simmonds who could be moved for futures.
And they still have guys like Laughton, Weal, Leier, etc... that I did not include.

Hextall will keep having to thin the herd, and add more picks into the future to keep the pipeline of kids coming. That's the beauty of drafting well. If you have so few busts, you keep the guys you expect to be the best, and roll the other ones over into more future picks.

As for Marody, you can see what he was up against to get to the NHL with the amount of forward prospects the Flyers have plus the ones they will add from this coming draft and other possible trades. For Edmonton, they get an AHL ready prospect who has already had a few good post draft years so don't have to wait as long for him to possible arrive and have eliminated some "bust" years. I wish him the best. He won't be the last one the Flyers trade.

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad