Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Dale Weise (4 Years, $2.35M AAV)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
This deal adds another question mark to who's been feeding ******** to Montreal media.

After ''Subban is not on the market''...traded next day to ''We would like to have Weise back and are talking to him''...Dale confirming MTL didn't even make an offer to his agent.

You seem very confused. Only report out of MTL was that we had been in contact with his camp. Nothing about an offer. We dont even know who reached out to who but Weise himself confirmed the talks. Team never said they would like him back. Check yr sources.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You're going to love him in the playoffs. GL to him.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Good. He was a big part of a 4th line that got their ***** kicked all year long. Out shot, out chanced, out skated and out scored by a huge margin.

Maybe the most insane post I seen in a while. Did you watch any games at all ? That 4th line was OFTEN their best line. Sad but true

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's a bit of a bloated contract for what he's done, but I'm happy to have him here. Someone I've always been interested in the Flyers adding to their depth.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
It's a bit of a bloated contract for what he's done, but I'm happy to have him here. Someone I've always been interested in the Flyers adding to their depth.

Exactly my words. Ever since I've seen him play for the Habs I've loved the guy. In addition of being a tough guy, he can also score. Potential 20 goal scorer if everything snaps or gets to play in TOP 6 regularly. And he's the kind of player you want on your side come playoffs.

I love tough guys who can score, I think we have one in him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly my words. Ever since I've seen him play for the Habs I've loved the guy. In addition of being a tough guy, he can also score. Potential 20 goal scorer if everything snaps or gets to play in TOP 6 regularly. And he's the kind of player you want on your side come playoffs.

I love tough guys who can score, I think we have one in him.

He's not a top 6 player, so he isn't a potential 20-goal scorer. But we still have a PP2 spot open since Ryan White was in that role. It's asking more than he's done, which you usually don't do, but wouldn't surprise me if he was a 30-point player.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
4 years? The guy is done.

In his last year in Montreal he was bringing nothing. He was seeing himself higher than he was and as such he stopped being physical and hitting like 3/4th liner would do. Long gone is the guy that would make Lucic lose his head.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
He's not a top 6 player, so he isn't a potential 20-goal scorer. But we still have a PP2 spot open since Ryan White was in that role. It's asking more than he's done, which you usually don't do, but wouldn't surprise me if he was a 30-point player.

Well he was on the pace of 20 goals last season in Montreal. He played a good while in the first line (don't know exactly how long). Like I said 'if everything snaps' he's a potential 20g scorer. So I'm not exactly waiting for him to score 20 but wouldn't surprise me either. It only takes one TOP6 guy injured for a while and he might get a chance and develop some chemistry. It's not so black and white, that if you aren't a TOP 6 player there's no chance to sniff 20. Potential is not expectations. There's always a chance but I won't rip off my Giroux jersey if he ends up with 10+ goals. But he's obviously expected to play third line and he fits there nicely.

I'd think Weise is the obvious choice to replace White in PP2. Could be a real interesting unit with possibly Coots, Konecny, Weise, Streit, Read/Provorov being there.

Last edited:

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Can play up and down the line-up. Good hands for a bottom 6 player. Is very much a team first guy with a great attitude. His permanent spot should be the 3rd line. Any more then that and in the long run he won't be productive enough.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
4 years? The guy is done.

In his last year in Montreal he was bringing nothing. He was seeing himself higher than he was and as such he stopped being physical and hitting like 3/4th liner would do. Long gone is the guy that would make Lucic lose his head.

Hahaha/ Sure buddy. If you say so. I trust Hextall's judgment alot more than some random fan on the net.

DTM

Jun 24, 2014
Good player..not sure about term but eh it's ufa for you.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone else catch his interview on NHL Network? It was pretty interesting to hear his thoughts about playing for the Hawks, made it seem like he didn't really feel welcome. It was really weird. He didn't **** on them or anything, but he definitely let it be known he wasn't thrilled to be there. He was surprisingly candid.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Maybe the most insane post I seen in a while. Did you watch any games at all ? That 4th line was OFTEN their best line. Sad but true

Please explain. They didn't take Dzone draws. They didn't check decent lines. They played soft comp. They didn't score, or even create chances. What did they do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad