PTO: [PHI] Chris Stewart PTO with the Flyers (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
You think overpaying for Hayes, trading for Niskanen who sucked last year and tradimg for Braun is good? You need to raise your standards.

1) You overpay for top free agents
2) Niskanen didn't suck, but he did regress
3) Same as #2. As a result, our d-corps is arguably the best in the division, IMO.

I'm surprised you have time as a Wings fan to notice the Flyers lineup when (i'm sure) you're already looking really hard at who you'll be taking at the next entry draft -- gotta have something to look forward to in Detroit for a change, eh.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
3) Same as #2. As a result, our d-corps is arguably the best in the division, IMO.

I'm surprised you have time as a Wings fan to notice the Flyers lineup when (i'm sure) you're already looking really hard at who you'll be taking at the next entry draft -- gotta have something to look forward to in Detroit for a change, eh.

1. Hayes hasn't and never will be a "top" free agent. A career high of 54 points is not worth over 7 million.

2. Ask Washington fans who were celebrating when he was traded, he sucked.

3. Best in the division LMAO you do realize that Carolina plays in your division right?

Detroit made the playoffs 25 straight years, made 6 cup finals, won 4 cups including back to back cups, which included annahilating the flyers and the so called legion of doom. You cannot hurt us with small insults we are immune to such things for a very long time.

Enjoy your "good" GM

Reactions: IlikeEich

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
And was awful here

It was worse than that really. He wasn't awful because then you could look at it and suggest there's something else wrong. He wasn't awful but he was just average. Completely forgettable and didn't look any different to the career chuggers that make up the EIHL.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

Your D corpse is far from the best in the division. Carolina is by far superior in that category.

Even with your GM’s acquisitions this offseason, your team is no better than a bubble team that needs the stars to align in order for them to make the playoffs.

I will say though, you have some excellent young talent in the organization though to look forward to; just like Detroit has, except Detroit just came off of a historic playoff streak and had been successful for years while the flyers well let’s just say.... not so much ;p

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Your D corpse is far from the best in the division. Carolina is by far superior in that category.

Even with your GM’s acquisitions this offseason, your team is no better than a bubble team that needs the stars to align in order for them to make the playoffs.

I will say though, you have some excellent young talent in the organization though to look forward to; just like Detroit has, except Detroit just came off of a historic playoff streak and had been successful for years while the flyers well let’s just say.... not so much ;p

1) Corpse? None of them are dead.
2) 2nd Round of the Playoffs guaranteed for Philly. I'll bet on that right now. Top 3 in Metro (I have them 2nd, but I'll give some leeway).
3) Flyers have been to the Finals more recently than Detroit and historically, we're better at making it to the Finals than y'all (but you do have a better winning percentage once you're there).

My point (which wasn't digging up history, but rather pointing to the future): Detroit is looking miserable while the Flyers are about to make serious noise.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site

The Flyers are much better. They have a chance to win the Metropolitan.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I missed this at the time, but are Detroit fans and boosters really going back to stuff that happened 10+ years ago? They have been as poor as Vancouver this decade in the regular season, and only won two playoff rounds, same as the Flyers.

NHL.com - Stats

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Ugh this guys sucks. Hopefully he's just a 13th forward who never sees the light of day so they don't have to have an actual NHL prospect watching games in a suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad