PTO: [PHI] Chris Stewart PTO with the Flyers (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
pretty sure there is still that need x amount of nhl games in a preseason lineup rule

Doesn't make much of a difference to what I just said. He's not playing for the Flyers next year with the start of the regular season -- we just don't possibly have the space.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I like it, could be a really cheap reaves or wilson
Sure, if Wilson or Reaves were big guys who are easily pushed off the puck, floats 95% of the time and in general are a giant waste of talent. Sad thing is that he is far more talented than either and should’ve been a perennial 30+ goal scorer, too bad he couldn’t be bothered to play hard.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Doesn't make much of a difference to what I just said. He's not playing for the Flyers next year with the start of the regular season -- we just don't possibly have the space.

well i was agreeing with you... just saying that's why these types of PTO's get signed as i'm pretty sure there is a rule for required NHL experience in pre season game lineups.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
The Flyers will start the season in Europe and will conclude preseason with an exhibition game against a Swiss team. The CBA actually outlines the minimum amount of veterans you need to dress per preseason game, so adding somebody like Stewart gives you a little flexibility. Especially for the older vets who you know will make the team, you can spare them a roundtrip flight for a meaningless game earlier in preseason.

LA/Vancouver played in China a couple years ago and primarily sent their A-teams, but I think they had other preseason games concurrently in North America so they signed some flotsam on PTOs to dress for the B-teams.

I know it's the usual reaction to react to a PTO as if it's a guaranteed contract, but most of these guys won't get signed. If anything, they'll be future entries for the "What are you doing wearing that uniform" thread. I still remember going to a Devils preseason game where they had Tomas Kaberle and Mike Komisarek on the blue line.

Aha.

Great answer.

Reactions: Ciao

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I have an obscene amount of his '08-09 rookie cards if any Flyers fans wants to trade any signed Gritty pucks for.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011

You cant be serious. A soft team to begin with, and possibly having kids like Frost making the team, who do you want throwing knuckles when teams take runs at a small team ,like the flyers are, Konecny like last year when Simmons was dealt ? The insanity of some fans

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Flyers playing games in Europe answer is very accurate as to why but did he even play last year?

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Talk about a player with 1 fluke NHL season. That 09-10 season was magical for him and gave him a nice pay day for the future. (ok well 2 magical seasons 12-13 too)
Seems like we have been waiting for so many years for him to be a 30g scorer. Yet he never comes close and has a hard time playing a full year.

Guy wasn't even close to the best player on his club last year

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
If he magically returns to the sort of player he was in Anaheim then I think he can get a contract somewhere. He's always given me the impression that he can work well with talent in a supportive role and can play just about anywhere in a lineup.

Maybe he gets himself an AHL contract at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad