GDT: PHI @ BUF 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Back in black

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
That's a popular sentiment but I don't buy it for a second. Sounds like a twitter idea that has gained steam for no reason.

He wants to lead this team to the playoffs and that's all he cares about right now. I truly feel he would laugh at that idea tbh.
If he wasn’t actively hurting the team with his play and also penalties that’s one thing.

But I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility the Sabres brass will strongly suggest he rest here and there. Especially considering how he has been playing.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You know they were going to squeeze Rousek into some games with a one way next year and also playing well again this season. If he's working with Cozens, maybe Rousek can show him where the net is.

It's easy to oversee the quick smart passes that Power makes and even easier to notice him not taking a guy out on the boards or fishing for him completely in the paint. They don't need to be rosy but you need glasses for the eye test to match the fancy stats.
His fancy stats aren't very good this season, at least not yet.

UPL starting, which leans Levi against the Leafs. I like it.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If he wasn’t actively hurting the team with his play and also penalties that’s one thing.

But I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility the Sabres brass will strongly suggest he rest here and there. Especially considering how he has been playing.
I go back to my original point -- I don't think the coach believes Okposo is playing poorly, as much as a lot of us thinks he looks bad. He praises him regularly and gives him a lot of ice time, all situations. He clearly loves the guy and not just for off-ice leadership.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I go back to my original point -- I don't think the coach believes Okposo is playing poorly, as much as a lot of us thinks he looks bad. He praises him regularly and gives him a lot of ice time, all situations. He clearly loves the guy and not just for off-ice leadership.

I think Okposo has been fine.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Seems like his metrics are like bottom 5 on the team in most categories, but he has played a big role in all of our wins, so I'm not sure what to think. We know one thing, the coach trusts him still to play a simple game and be able to calm things down on a young team prone to non-calmness.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Is NHL Network not on Sling anymore? I was thinking about signing up for a trial.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Seems like his metrics are like bottom 5 on the team in most categories, but he has played a big role in all of our wins, so I'm not sure what to think. We know one thing, the coach trusts him still to play a simple game and be able to calm things down on a young team prone to non-calmness.

He has 8 PIMs in 10 games and that is way too much. It's an age-related issue I had with him last year, and it's way off the rails already. Maybe it's an outlier, but he's go to cut those down.

Other than that, he's slow and that line isn't really grinding like we've come to expect, but overall, he isn't sticking out to me like someone that needs to sit.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
It's on Sling Orange. I was going to switch from DirecTV to Sling last year but of course when I called DirecTV they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Eh, Sling Orange doesn't list it anymore.

Sling Orange.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Pham thinks the Sabres/Olofsson are headed for a split: Contract void or waivers. Also had to get his traditionalal barb in on Sabre fans as usual about the Cal Peterson non signing.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Pham thinks the Sabres/Olofsson are headed for a split: Contract void or waivers. Also had to get his traditionalal barb in on Sabre's fan as usual about the Cal Peterson non signing.
VO can't be happy. They probably would have traded him if Quinn hadn't gotten hurt, so I don't blame him. Voiding the contract would be very strange approach. Waivers more likely, and they wont unload him without keeping some of his salary.

Honestly, they are probably letting the season move forward a little, let teams get some injuries. Then a 28 goal one-dimensional player that has gone through waivers, with 50% retained may not seem like such a bad idea. VO can get his groove back down in Roch.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Pham thinks the Sabres/Olofsson are headed for a split: Contract void or waivers. Also had to get his traditionalal barb in on Sabre fans as usual about the Cal Peterson non signing.
cant they send him on an eternal condition stint to Sweden?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
VO can't be happy. They probably would have traded him if Quinn hadn't gotten hurt, so I don't blame him. Voiding the contract would be very strange approach. Waivers more likely, and they wont unload him without keeping some of his salary.

Honestly, they are probably letting the season move forward a little, let teams get some injuries. Then a 28 goal one-dimensional player that has gone through waivers, with 50% retained may not seem like such a bad idea. VO can get his groove back down in Roch.
for all you know they already tried, but with his cap hit and sitting at the end of last season, nobody probably wanted to give scraps for him.
he is basically a cap dump now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad