GDT: PHI @ BUF 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Back in black

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Are the Sabres testing out Rousek to take a look at him as an Okposo step in as the season goes along? Not sure the reasoning behind calling him up just to put him in for Jost.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Are the Sabres testing out Rousek to take a look at him as an Okposo step in as the season goes along? Not sure the reasoning behind calling him up just to put him in for Jost.

It's something to ponder. At the moment, I also wonder if they've figured out they can leverage these opportunities to get good looks at guys earlier rather than putting it all off to the end of the year? I suppose we find out if it's something like Jost coming out or if they're trying to inject some speed and 2-way play into the middle of the lineup?

Also thought maybe they are giving some guys a further look because they want to show them off as potential trade pieces, but that is more of an old man whose been watching the NHL way, way too long thought than anything. :biglaugh:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It's something to ponder. At the moment, I also wonder if they've figured out they can leverage these opportunities to get good looks at guys earlier rather than putting it all off to the end of the year? I suppose we find out if it's something like Jost coming out or if they're trying to inject some speed and 2-way play into the middle of the lineup?

Also thought maybe they are giving some guys a further look because they want to show them off as potential trade pieces, but that is more of an old man whose been watching the NHL way, way too long thought than anything. :biglaugh:

I wonder if Kyle might think about hanging them up after 1000 or they start to manage his games the new year ?

Great point, organizational depth is nice to have finally isn't it ?

2024 L4 Girgs-Kozak-Rousek ???

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if Kyle might think about hanging them up after 1000 ?

Great point Organizational depth is nice to have finally isn't it ?

2024 L4 Girgs-Kozak-Rousek ???

It's certainly different rather than hovering around to see what other teams are waiving at this time of year.

-----------------------------------

Separately -

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Okposo ain’t taking any breaks unless he’s hurt. I think Granato relies on him for on-ice stuff more than a lot of folks realize.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Power a +9 and Clifton a -6 Dahlin at -1. Irrelevant or Power is really good defensively?

The best and worst.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Ehhh I could definitely see them lessening his workload at the very least.
Lessening his workload means getting more out of Krebs, Jost, or JJ (assuming VO is still on the bench). Maybe "getting more out of them" means replacing one of them with Rousek.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Power a +9 and Clifton a -6 Dahlin at -1. Irrelevant or Power is really good defensively?

The best and worst.

Power is very good at transitioning the puck to offense and keeping pucks alive in the offensive zone. His best defensive trait is that the team is able to move up the ice swiftly when the puck hits his stick. His stuff around the crease and containing his man is still not good individually as a defender, but if he doesn't have to do it as much because his team has the puck and is dangerous to the opponent instead, it makes it a lot easier.

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Power is very good at transitioning the puck to offense and keeping pucks alive in the offensive zone. His best defensive trait is that the team is able to move up the ice swiftly when the puck hits his stick. His stuff around the crease and containing his man is still not good individually as a defender, but if he doesn't have to do it as much because the team has the puck and is dangerous to the opponent instead, it makes it a lot easier.
He's #3 in giveaways in the whole league, and doesn't make up with it with a lot of takeaways like most of the worst offenders do. Just a fun fact.

My thought was Jost out for Rousek but without something firmer, that's just throwing darts at the board.
Jost wasn't even on one of the lines yesterday since Biro is still up and Tuch is healthy. So it's gotta be JJ or Krebs, right?

Edit: oh wait, VO was on a line yesterday in place of Jost. So that has got to be the spot. He'll probably play with Cozens and Tuch.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Willing to bet they’re pushing Okposo to 1000 games and then will start to do some more load management there
That's a popular sentiment but I don't buy it for a second. Sounds like a twitter idea that has gained steam for no reason.

He wants to lead this team to the playoffs and that's all he cares about right now. I truly feel he would laugh at that idea tbh.

Tic tac toe, 3 in a row please.
I politely requested a Philly sweep last week too, before the game -- manners will get us places.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I am guessing Rousek next to Cozens, since he's the guy that seems to be struggling to find chemistry with line mates. But honestly, I have no idea what Granato is going to put out there for lines.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
You know they were going to squeeze Rousek into some games with a one way next year and also playing well again this season. If he's working with Cozens, maybe Rousek can show him where the net is.

It's easy to oversee the quick smart passes that Power makes and even easier to notice him not taking a guy out on the boards or fishing for him completely in the paint. They don't need to be rosy but you need glasses for the eye test to match the fancy stats.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I don’t mean to exaggerate but have to think next 6 games which should tell us exactly what and where this team is going to be come the end of the season. And leads pretty close to Thanksgiving and everybody knows that stat.

Going to tell us a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad