Trade: [PHI/BKN] James Harden, Paul Millsap for Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond, '22 and '27 1sts

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I seriously doubt that Simmons actually said that. I googled the quote and that tweet was literally the only place it showed up. If he had really said that it would have blown up. Philadelphia fans and media would be all over that. Here's his press conference, he never says it there. In fact he makes a few comments that give the exact opposite impression (though nothing about Harden) as far as saying things about other players or people.

The only public comment that I've seen him make that would suggest any kind of hard feelings was when he said that he didn't say anything when Embiid played badly in the playoffs the year they lost to the Raptors (but Embiid didn't actually play badly). I'm not saying that he might not harbor some resentment but he's never made it public that I've heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I seriously doubt that Simmons actually said that. I googled the quote and that tweet was literally the only place it showed up. If he had really said that it would have blown up. Philadelphia fans and media would be all over that. Here's his press conference, he never says it there. In fact he makes a few comments that give the exact opposite impression (though nothing about Harden) as far as saying things about other players or people.

The only public comment that I've seen him make that would suggest any kind of hard feelings was when he said that he didn't saying anything when Embiid played badly in the playoffs the year they lost to the Raptors (but Embiid didn't actually play badly). I'm not saying that he might not harbor some resentment but he's never made it public that I've heard.

jokes-joke.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s supposed to be at the game tomorrow, which, I guess they want him to get the boos so that it doesn’t happen in the playoffs. Simmons also has a grievance filed against the Sixers and supposedly him getting the boos are part of the evidence

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I’m kind of speechless this guy has the gusto to file a grievance.

If I was an owner I would tell the 76ers owner to fight this thing tooth and nail and I’ll support you any way possible.

They kept telling him to come back and just play and he still wanted to be paid. Then he switched to mental health, and now back soreness.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

If I was an owner I would tell the 76ers owner to fight this thing tooth and nail and I’ll support you any way possible.

They kept telling him to come back and just play and he still wanted to be paid. Then he switched to mental health, and now back soreness.
It’s been a coordinated plan all along. It’s looking like he had no intention of playing this season.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Can't fake back injury tbf. They did x ray on him. Or whatever they do to figure it out.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Can't fake back injury tbf. They did x ray on him. Or whatever they do to figure it out.

Windhorst just said on ESPN he wasn’t listed on the injury report during the start of this saga.

He has ZERO right to that money when he refused to show up and was waiting for a trade.

That is a terrible precedent.

Reactions: Voight

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Windhorst just said on ESPN he wasn’t listed on the injury report during the start of this saga.

He has ZERO right to that money when he refused to show up and was waiting for a trade.

That is a terrible precedent.
Hey I agree with you. All I know is when he came to Brooklyn they found fratured vertebrae or whatever.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Its quite funny. I mean, he pretty much put the team on ignore until he got his way.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Its quite funny. I mean, he pretty much put the team on ignore until he got his way.

If he wants to do that I’d have no problem but he sure as hell doesn’t deserve a dime of that $20 mill, Woj just said owners are pissed he is filing this grievance as it hurts small market teams essentially saying you could agree to a max and sit out till they trade you to a contender.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If he wants to do that I’d have no problem but he sure as hell doesn’t deserve a dime of that $20 mill, Woj just said owners are pissed he is filing this grievance as it hurts small market teams essentially saying you could agree to a max and sit out till they trade you to a contender.

Or use "mental health" as an excuse.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
How many more teams will attempt to win a championship with James Harden as a key piece before everyone gives up?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How many more teams will attempt to win a championship with James Harden as a key piece before everyone gives up?

I wonder who wants to give him his next contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad