Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Kostalek made a bad decision stepping up on the play when Oshawa already had the puck and the guys coming were faster than him.

But what on earth Bourque and the goalie were doing I have no idea... that rebound was awful and Bourque kind of just hoped for the best and switched off seemingly. I do understand why Bourque would think that he would not have to do anything after the shot though... I mean, your goalie should either turn it to a corner or smother.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Morin keeps getting the puck deep but no one is chasing, it seems like a waste of time

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015
Nice breakout by Morin there. Too bad Kostalek turned it over and they ended up getting a too many men penalty.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Kostalek has had a shocking 3rd... almost assisted a goal for the oppostion there.

But tbh the whole Rimouski team has been pretty poor in the 3rd.

Yeah...him and Bourque were bad IMO. Morin played an even game. Lots of smart passes and also few rushes. Also a few giveaways.

If Morin plays like this in the NHL, I can really see some hate toward him...just like Coburn. Lots of non flashy, good breakouts, but will be remembered for the few mistakes, regardless if they turn into goals.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Yeah...him and Bourque were bad IMO. Morin played an even game. Lots of smart passes and also few rushes. Also a few giveaways.

If Morin plays like this in the NHL, I can really see some hate toward him...just like Coburn. Lots of non flashy, good breakouts, but will be remembered for the few mistakes, regardless if they turn into goals.

Morin needs to get in the NHL. His game is more suited for the bigs, He will be way better than Coburn who is just like JVR. Sharp but nothing under the hood.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

wow , tripod your assesment of morin's game and kostalek and bourque's game is something that i couldn't disagree more with.

Morin was pretty brutal in that game and did nothing note worthy. Meanwhile kostalek again had another big goal.

Let's not be one of those fanbases that feels the need to rip other players to deflect blame from our own player.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Should we be worried about Morin's progress or is jtown just exaggerating like he does with Couturier? 7/10 times when he mentions him it's usually negative.

I never watch Morin's games but if it's on NHL Network tomorrow I'll be sure to.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
wow , tripod your assesment of morin's game and kostalek and bourque's game is something that i couldn't disagree more with.

Morin was pretty brutal in that game and did nothing note worthy. Meanwhile kostalek again had another big goal.

Let's not be one of those fanbases that feels the need to rip other players to deflect blame from our own player.

I don't think he was saying it like that.

Bourque sucked all game long... he was atrocious. Everything he did turned to ****, and frankly he made Kostaleks game, especially defensively, look worse than it should have.

Kostalek had a decent 1st and 2nd, and looked great on the PP scoring a nice goal... but he made multiple mistakes in the 3rd in all zones, one led to the winning goal (though two others were more to blame had he not pinched so much when Oshawa looked certain to get the puck and he was matched against 2 guys faster than him it may have been a different story), one turnover to the PP for Oshawa that killed the game (though it was unlucky) and he almost passed the puck right to an Oshawa player all alone, hitting the side of his net and causing havoc for his team when he had an easy pass and they were down 1.

The pairing was on ice for 3 against...

Morin had a nice 1st, an uneven 2nd mainly due to poor decisions in transition, and an ok 3rd. His defense when in the zone was pretty nice all game though.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Should we be worried about Morin's progress or is jtown just exaggerating like he does with Couturier? 7/10 times when he mentions him it's usually negative.

I never watch Morin's games but if it's on NHL Network tomorrow I'll be sure to.

He had a pretty average game, a few mistakes but only Gauthier on the whole Rimouski team had a nice game overall IMO... and he still had 2 silly turnovers in the 3rd.

His transition play decision wise was poor after the 1st... the whole Rimouski team was poor in that regard. I would say 'disjointed' is how Rimouskis puckmoving up ice and neutral zone play was tonight. The D were being silly with the puck but the wingers especially were not doing their job either... they were awful on the forecheck outside two or three guys, they looked scared to go into corners when the puck was put in, instead just half arsed which ofc just meant they had to turn round and head the other way almost immediately.

His D was fine.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't think he was saying it like that.

Bourque sucked all game long... he was atrocious. Everything he did turned to ****, and frankly he made Kostaleks game, especially defensively, look worse than it should have.

Kostalek had a decent 1st and 2nd, and looked great on the PP scoring a nice goal... but he made multiple mistakes in the 3rd in all zones, one led to the winning goal (though two others were more to blame had he not pinched so much when Oshawa looked certain to get the puck and he was matched against 2 guys faster than him it may have been a different story), one turnover to the PP for Oshawa that killed the game (though it was unlucky) and he almost passed the puck right to an Oshawa player all alone, hitting the side of his net and causing havoc for his team when he had an easy pass and they were down 1.

The pairing was on ice for 3 against...

Morin had a nice 1st, an uneven 2nd mainly due to poor decisions in transition, and an ok 3rd. His defense when in the zone was pretty nice all game though.

kostalek made one bad play behind the net when they were shorthanded and there were 30 seconds left in the game. He threw a pass that hit the net. He also was not expecting joly to turn it over in that odd spot right there which led to a quasi breakaway and a terrile goal that was all on the goalie. If you want to blame kostalek on that go ahead he probably had the 4th most influence on that goal all together.

So morin had a bad first. he made a ton of passes that were off the mark. When i came on the board i was shocked that guys were upbeat about morin so i decided to watch him closely in the 2nd period.

If you think he had an uneven 2nd period tune into 18:42, 16:05, 13:12, 1:45-1:30 during the 2nd period. He played 5 shifts in the 2nd and committed huge errors each shift including a terrible decsiion to fight when they were short handed.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
kostalek made one bad play behind the net when they were shorthanded and there were 30 seconds left in the game. He threw a pass that hit the net. He also was not expecting joly to turn it over in that odd spot right there which led to a quasi breakaway and a terrile goal that was all on the goalie. If you want to blame kostalek on that go ahead he probably had the 4th most influence on that goal all together.

So morin had a bad first. he made a ton of passes that were off the mark. When i came on the board i was shocked that guys were upbeat about morin so i decided to watch him closely in the 2nd period.

If you think he had an uneven 2nd period tune into 18:42, 16:05, 13:12, 1:45-1:30 during the 2nd period. He played 5 shifts in the 2nd and committed huge errors each shift including a terrible decsiion to fight when they were short handed.

He went for the puck vs a faster player who was closer to it, completely taking himself out of the play by being in no-mans land and sending Oshawa the other way, it was a risky play when no risk was needed, he should have just backed off and held the line... he was the 3rd most to blame IMO, after Bourque and Desrosiers... but it was still a bad play.

If a Flyer D man had made that play we would have all been shaking our heads.

Kostalek has had a great year... but this was no-where near one of his good, or even overall decent, games.

Morin did not have a good game. Kostalek did not have a good game. I don't think any of the Rimouski D did, and only a few forwards did.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He went for the puck vs a faster player who was closer to it, completely taking himself out of the play by being in no-mans land and sending Oshawa the other way, it was a risky play when no risk was needed, he should have just backed off... he was the 3rd most to blame IMO, after Bourque and Desrosiers... but it was still a bad play.

If a Flyer D man had made that play we would have all been shaking our heads.

Kostalek has had a great year... but this was no-where near one of his good, or even overall decent, games.

Morin did not have a good game. Kostalek did not have a good game. I don't think any of the Rimouski D did, and only a few forwards did.

who do you think played better between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad