Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wonder if they think York was a big catalyst in the national teams offense. And a reason why so many forwards did well.

York is a very good player, and it would be unfair to say he wasn't a catalyst in his own right. But the fact that the forwards were as skilled as any NTDP team in history and the defensemen outside of York were pretty bleh, I think it's safe to say the forwards were the driving force of that team and did well because they're elite players. Given how weak the backend was, there also wasn't really any candidate to leech usage from him.

A thought experiment would be to put a draft year Quinn Hughes on this year's NTDP team and York on Hughes' team from a few years ago, with their abysmal forward talent.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
York is a very good player, and it would be unfair to say he wasn't a catalyst in his own right. But the fact that the forwards were as skilled as any NTDP team in history and the defensemen outside of York were pretty bleh, I think it's safe to say the forwards were the driving force of that team and did well because they're elite players. Given how weak the backend was, there also wasn't really any candidate to leech usage from him.

A thought experiment would be to put a draft year Quinn Hughes on this year's NTDP team and York on Hughes' team from a few years ago, with their abysmal forward talent.
It was just a thought. And I wouldn’t know. But the powers to be seemed really high on him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’d imagine Michigan isn’t really that good next year again. York & Beecher are the only NHL draft picks entering the team next year. Most of their best players from last year’s left & they weren’t good to begin with. Lockwood who’s a Vancouver third rounder is probably their best returning player.

It seems like they have a few transfers coming in & took in a decent amount of some older incoming freshmen in their recruiting class this year. So that probably speaks volumes to a lack of raw talent on the club.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This will close in a few minutes, due to the requested limit of 1,000 posts per thread but also to open a new thread with the Phantoms schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad