Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I am still rooting for Voro and he could potentially be the first call up once there is an injury. I expect Laughton to start out as the 4th center but he could be the one to move up the lineup for injuries and that could leave the 4th center spot open for either Voro or Ruby. The battles at forward seem to be between Voro/Ruby and between Frost/Farabee for roster spots next season on the Flyers. Granted Frost/Farabee would be to start the season on the Flyers and Voro/Ruby could be the first call up.

Reactions: Larry44

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, Regula lasted until #67, so it's not like he was some overlooked prospect, seems no one though him worthy of a 2nd rd pick.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure anyone "loved" the Ginning pick, that's more hyperbole.
But I'm willing to give him a couple years, the fact that he was starting in the SHL at 18 is a good sign.
I just don't see much point in a rush to judgement for a 19 year old.
For one thing, as I've shown, if he ends up a 3rd pair D-man for a half dozen years, it's fine value for #50.

You rarely hit HRs like Lindblom outside the 1st rd, sometimes you're happy with a few singles and solid organizational depth.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Well, Regula lasted until #67, so it's not like he was some overlooked prospect, seems no one though him worthy of a 2nd rd pick.

Well, I had him ranked in the low-mid 40s (not that it equates to 2nd rounder necessarily). And said I'd rather have taken him -- or even traded down -- the day of the draft.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
What’s especially funny is the blatant parody posts aren’t even as crazed as the legit posts from the people who loved and defended the Ginning pick.

His sarcasm can’t match the real insanity. It’s impossible.

I should have known he wouldn't be a good player because I liked the pick...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder if they think York was a big catalyst in the national teams offense. And a reason why so many forwards did well.

That team was so loaded it took everybody’s numbers to different levels. York did his part but I would still say those forwards like Hughes, Turcotte, & Zegras were more so the drink stirrers there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad