Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Prior thread: Prospect Info: - Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.
LEHIGH VALLEY PHANTOMS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE
Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey
WAEB 790 AM
WSAN 1470 AM
READING ROYALS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE
ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
ADDITIONAL

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
CHL playoffs isn't the same competition, the top 4-6 teams are far above the regular season grind.
Same in the AHL, why I wanted the Phantoms to go to the playoffs, by the second round you're playing at a much higher level than the regular season. I think next year they need to add some good veteran AHL defensemen to ensure they get back there.

The reason playoff/international competition matters is the player gets a taste of tougher competition.

Problem I have with U-18 is it's still way down, WJC-20 is a much better test because most of the participants are either playing in top European leagues or have big CHL roles for a couple of years - so you can't just dominate off raw talent.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
CHL playoffs isn't the same competition, the top 4-6 teams are far above the regular season grind.
Same in the AHL, why I wanted the Phantoms to go to the playoffs, by the second round you're playing at a much higher level than the regular season. I think next year they need to add some good veteran AHL defensemen to ensure they get back there.

The reason playoff/international competition matters is the player gets a taste of tougher competition.

Problem I have with U-18 is it's still way down, WJC-20 is a much better test because most of the participants are either playing in top European leagues or have big CHL roles for a couple of years - so you can't just dominate off raw talent.
Andrew MacDonald should be in Lehigh next season after waivers.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Congratulations!!! :win:
Can't wait to see him in the training camp!
D6Zl0raX4AAoxKI

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's hard to rate "unicorns," Ratcliffe is showing a better scoring touch than expected, but his future probably is still a bit unknown, like Morin, you have to see whether he has the body control and lateral agility to make his size an asset as he fills out, or does he end up too "stiff" to handle smaller, more agile players.

You look at Chara and Wheeler and say, big men can have substantial advantages, but then you look at Boyle (#26) and Boris Valabik (#10 pick, 6'7 245) and realize that big guys, even when they're 1st rd picks, are high risk players.

The difference with Myers is while he's big, he's athletic enough that it shouldn't be a concern.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I was talking to a guy from Prince Albert, asked if he was at game 7, nah he was in Regina. Then he says yah we will get our @sses handed to us. I’m like come on gotta pull for the dub, but honestly Quebec will be powerful. Now get to watch big Isaac, hope he has a good tourney,

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad