Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have seen Prince Albert play 4 times this year, 2 good games and 2 really poor games , and to be honest i think they could struggle at the Mem cup . They needed to make more trades at the trade deadline but it is a lot harder to make trades in the WHL .

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
It's hard to rate "unicorns," Ratcliffe is showing a better scoring touch than expected, but his future probably is still a bit unknown, like Morin, you have to see whether he has the body control and lateral agility to make his size an asset as he fills out, or does he end up too "stiff" to handle smaller, more agile players.

You look at Chara and Wheeler and say, big men can have substantial advantages, but then you look at Boyle (#26) and Boris Valabik (#10 pick, 6'7 245) and realize that big guys, even when they're 1st rd picks, are high risk players.

The difference with Myers is while he's big, he's athletic enough that it shouldn't be a concern.

The one thing with Ratcliffe which makes him an untouchable (to trade) imo until at least mid next season is his shot. His shot is exceptional, hard with a quick release. He also has great set of hands and vision. Agree with the agility piece. Need to see this kid at camp and with Phantoms to see his true upside

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The one thing with Ratcliffe which makes him an untouchable (to trade) imo until at least mid next season is his shot. His shot is exceptional, hard with a quick release. He also has great set of hands and vision. Agree with the agility piece. Need to see this kid at camp and with Phantoms to see his true upside

I feel like Rat and Frost will make a great LW-C combo at some point. The crafty playmaker and the big finisher.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Remember all of the people losing their **** about Patrick’s shot two years ago? A good shot means nothing if you can’t create space for yourself. And Patrick is a hell of a lot more skilled than Ratcliffe.

I'm picturing Rat as a Hartnell type. Crash the net for most of his goals and mix in the occasional snipe when given time and space.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Remember all of the people losing their **** about Patrick’s shot two years ago? A good shot means nothing if you can’t create space for yourself. And Patrick is a hell of a lot more skilled than Ratcliffe.
I agree that's why you need to see him against better competition. Also they will be playing different positions. Centermen are play drivers while wingers are positioned to finish. Still think there's more to Patrick and we will see it in next 2 seasons. Ratcliffe your envisioning a Mantha/Tim Kerr/Anderchuk style of player as his upside while Patrick its a Ryan Johanson/Joe Thorton/Eric Staal... after seeing him for 2 seasons its looking more like the upside is Jordan Staal/Keith Primeau or Couts. Before people freak out i'm stating their upside not what they will become.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I did not realize Guelph was as old as they are . Announcer's said 15 of their 20 players dressed were 19 or 20 years old . That said if they can win the Mem cup the next few years of pain will be worth it . From what i have seen so far they look like the best team there .

Reactions: Chuck Downie

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I can't speak for the Q but i don't know why but trading for pieces at the trade dead line seems to be quite hard to do in the Dub . I think it has to do with the vast geography or something . The OHL seams to have it figured out how to trade with each other to make 2 or 3 really strong teams most year to give themselves a good chance at the Mem cup. I know people in Brandon seem to complain that when the time is right to try and go for it the asking prices for pieces to try and load up seems to be way higher for the top few teams to aquire. Teams seem to horde players unless they can take advantage of you .

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Not sure but maybe this person knows @royals119
The Royals were sold by local businessman Jack Gulati to the Berks County Convention Center Authority, and the sale closes at the end of this month I believe. I would expect an announcement about an affiliation around that time - although it could take longer. They did announce they were negotiating and they hoped to reach an arrangement that was more beneficial to the Royals.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The Royals were sold by local businessman Jack Gulati to the Berks County Convention Center Authority, and the sale closes at the end of this month I believe. I would expect an announcement about an affiliation around that time - although it could take longer. They did announce they were negotiating and they hoped to reach an arrangement that was more beneficial to the Royals.
Thanks bud we appreciate the inside info .

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

Thanks for the info :thumbu:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Ratcliffe is having a game. Just scored a really nice one to give Guelph the lead.
Sorry I don't post stuff. It will be out there and someone will put it in here.

This is a great, high IQ play. I’m surprised because when I first watched I thought that it was a missed shot that just happen to go in... no. He saw the left pad go up reading that the goalie was playing a backhand shot glove-side, however, The Rat switched it up and slid it under.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nifty puck handling as well for a guy 6'6, starting to think he might be better than advertised.
He's still only 20 but shows good body control for a guy his size.
Wonder what he measures these days, doubt he's still the 200 lbs he weighed in at the Combine two summers ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad