Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
i encourage you to use the VICE thread
When is sex a vice? You would not like opera very much,JT. A really good production of Tristan and Isolde, both of them virtually have sex on stage, Act II. Wagner’s orchestration/music during the gyrations on stage does not leave much to the imagination either. Of course both die in the end but are redeemed and are together in the noumenal. Timeless Spaceless and undifferentiated.

OK back to hockey. Is Deadhead still on Hak as/was a great coach?

Go Hart. Varone scores a goal.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
And then you would be selling low and getting nothing in return. Teams tend to want the prospects that are playing well and are probably the ones you don’t want moved.
what is low what is high is anyone's guess, it could be that his value right now is the highest it will ever be, who knows

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Stop getting killed on checks, please. This is becoming too frequent for Jay.

What is troubling about this is that JOB was one of the best testers in the combine. He is already physically mature, much more so than many in his class. If he is struggling with this type of play at this stage in his career you can't project him as an nhler. He may wind up being Hextall's most controversial pick.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
which takes are those?

Hanging your hat on the relative to his peers physical maturity of a freshly turned 19 year old who went from largely high school games to playing in Hockey East, where he's multiple years younger than most players. Even 4+ years in many cases. Also equating taking a high hit with physical ability.

Call it a guess.

Last edited:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
What is troubling about this is that JOB was one of the best testers in the combine. He is already physically mature, much more so than many in his class. If he is struggling with this type of play at this stage in his career you can't project him as an nhler. He may wind up being Hextall's most controversial pick.
I think that’s a little too hot a take. He is a guy going from the speed and sizes of high school to the speed of division 1 hockey and world junior competition. That is a huge job. That’s probably a bigger job than college to AHL and from AHL to NHL.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hanging your hat on the relative tours peers physical maturity of a freshly turned 19 year old who went from largely high school games to playing in Hockey East, where he's multiple years younger than most players. Even 4+ years in many cases. Also equating taking a high hit with physical ability.

Call it a guess.

no one is hanging their hat or dismissing him as a prospect. All anyone is doing is is acknowledging the physical struggles one has had at this level of hockey, not doing so is living in fantasty land. Also MR. Flyguy is notorious for failing to hang his hat on any opinion, rather he likes to come in after the fact to ridicule those who voiced an opinion. Such qualities are hard to respect.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
no one is hanging their hat or dismissing him as a prospect. All anyone is doing is is acknowledging the physical struggles one has had at this level of hockey, not doing so is living in fantasty land. Also MR. Flyguy is notorious for failing to hang his hat on any opinion, rather he likes to come in after the fact to ridicule those who voiced an opinion. Such qualities are hard to respect.

He's 10 Games into a level that's multiple jumps up from where he was in a season he started at 18, with injury issues, playing for a defensive stalwart program. This is why many people were saying expect it to take time before the year started. If your expectations were higher, that's the point to which I would object.

I probably voted him way lower in the system polls than most too, so it's not like I'm super high on him. I just expected exactly this minus the hits at this point.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He's 10 Games into a level that's multiple jumps up from where he was in a season he started at 18, with injury issues, playing for a defensive stalwart program. This is why many people were saying expect it to take time before the year started. If your expectations were higher, that's the point to which I would object.

I probably voted him way lower in the system polls than most too, so it's not like I'm super high on him. I just expected exactly this minus the hits at this point.

and again your line of thinking would be in line with a the people who are concerned about the injuries. In terms of production, it was always going to be a uphill battle to put tup the type of points farabee is putting up. I for one am not concerned about his point production as i am about his ability to sustain his aggressive style of play.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
and again your line of thinking would be in line with a the people who are concerned about the injuries. In terms of production, it was always going to be a uphill battle to put tup the type of points farabee is putting up. I for one am not concerned about his point production as i am about his ability to sustain his aggressive style of play.

Your original post said you were concerned because he was physically mature relative to other 18 year olds and therefore can't project him as an NHLer. I'm quite sure you're not watching Providence games to judge his quality of play, so I have absolutely no idea what you mean at this point.

I don't understand what physical maturity relative to his draft peers has to do with taking high open ice hits at all. The simplest solution is that a guy going from high school to Hockey East is going to take time to adjust mentally unless he's going to grow 10 lbs of brain cushion. Then I'm on board for it being physical.

ajw12

Dec 7, 2018
Central PA

I mean it's not like he's getting injured from getting manhandled in board battles. He's still playing aggressive but his injuries are from high hits/cheap shots this year

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Your original post said you were concerned because he was physically mature relative to other 18 year olds and therefore can't project him as an NHLer. I'm quite sure you're not watching Providence games to judge his quality of play, so I have absolutely no idea what you mean at this point.

I don't understand what physical maturity relative to his draft peers has to do with taking high open ice hits at all. The simplest solution is that a guy going from high school to Hockey East is going to take time to adjust mentally unless he's going to grow 10 lbs of brain cushion. Then I'm on board for it being physical.

I said was job was already physically mature.

for some reason i can't post his combine results which have him in the top 10 of bench press, pull ups and vo2 max

Given his height and weight, there is very little room for him to put on mass. So If we have a kid who is physically mature, who plays an aggressive style, ( insert devastaing hit on penguins prospects from the summer showcase) and has shown in the infancy of his young ncaa career that he is struggling to stay healthy, then one can use logic to deduce that as he progresses in levels asuch as the ahl and nhl where he will encounter more physical play it will be difficult to project him having success.

IF he is unable to reverse this trend of injury then its not a far stretch to say he does not project to be an an nhler. Is his fate written? Of course not, but at some point these injuries will have to subside for him blossom. If not no nhl. That statement can be made for anyone.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Did Laberge have a heart replacement surgery?

Not only have I forgotten he was on the team, I don't think he's stepped on the ice, I'm not even sure he's even around.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rofl.

I seem to recall giving a pretty strong opinion on a recent 2nd round pick that I “never saw play”.

And I do recall being one of like two to three people who preferred Sanheim to the Golden Boy and being pretty vocal about it even though I was greatly outnumbered. But yeah I never hang my hat on anything.

:joker:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Rofl.

I seem to recall giving a pretty strong opinion on a recent 2nd round pick that I “never saw play”.

And I do recall being one of like two to three people who preferred Sanheim to the Golden Boy and being pretty vocal about it even though I was greatly outnumbered. But yeah I never hang my hat on anything.

:joker:

well done. im proud of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad