Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For the most part most drafted or draft worthy prospects will put off going to college a year late. You don’t see a whole lot of guys who are two off from where they’re supposed to be & if they are they’re typically late round picks.

Some conferences are easier to score in compared to others as well.

Reactions: wasup

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Fazleev's problem is he can't skate, no comparison to Rubtsov.

Well, Rubtsov's skating is noticeably not all that great. His stride is short and there's not much power. It's actually one of the two things I point to most holding him back: his skating and a level of urgency/aggressiveness with pucks. Anyone who doesn't think he has a good amount of natural skill is out to lunch though. His frame of mind about using his skill just looked totally out of whack this year, even worse than previous years.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Can't wait for Leafs fans to claim that because their farm team won the Calder Cup, the Leafs will inevitably win the Stanley Cup soon

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can't wait for Leafs fans to claim that because their farm team won the Calder Cup, the Leafs will inevitable win the Stanley Cup soon
image.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Speaking of this issue, I only now noticed the intriguing question of Hart vs Samsonov. I couldn't find the issue online. What did the article say? It was nice to see Hart as their #2 Future Watch prospect.

It wasnt very kind to Hart. Said hed be a solid NHL starter but nothing special and Samsonov has more potential to be elite. If Hart was in a Canadian teams system, the opinions would probably be flip-flopped.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Of course they could make room for a prospect of Allison's ability, buy the Phantoms seem pretty full up front. Even if they let Martel and Ghoul go and promote Vecchione/Vorobyev.

Carey-Varone-Conner
Kase-Vecchione/Vorobyev-NAK
Rubtsov-Knight-Bardreau
Twarynski-Bunnaman-Fazleev
Laberge

So if they have to wait till March to add Allison the way they did with Friedman in 2017, I think that's fine.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course they could make room for a prospect of Allison's ability, buy the Phantoms seem pretty full up front. Even if they let Martel and Ghoul go and promote Vecchione/Vorobyev.

Carey-Varone-Conner
Kase-Vecchione/Vorobyev-NAK
Rubtsov-Knight-Bardreau
Twarynski-Bunnaman-Fazleev
Laberge

So if they have to wait till March to add Allison the way they did with Friedman in 2017, I think that's fine.

Thought Fazleev was going back to Russia?
And NAK is probably going to be on the Flyers.
However, Kase is coming over this year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Thought Fazleev was going back to Russia?

Did "Ron" tell you that during one of your regular phone calls?

I'm not going to leave a prospect with a year left on his ELC out of a projected lineup based on rumors. If the Flyers announce they're mutually terminating his contract, then he'll come out of the roster and the prospect polls.

Reactions: Rebels57

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flyers general manager Ron Hextall spoke to the media on Thursday regarding his outlook on the 2018 NHL Draft.

For those who prefer the full, unedited transcript of Hextall's comments, it follows below courtesy of the Flyers.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Hextall-on-2018-Draft/45/93382

I certainly feel good about our group, our young group. In terms of the mix, the size. We got some big kids there that are skilled. Sanheim’s a big kid. Myers is a big kid. Big Sam Morin is a really big kid. We feel good about our size back there. Obviously Sam doesn’t have the skill level as the other two, but he’s got a nice skill level for big guy. The other two have a pretty high skill level. Put them in with Ghost. Provy’s a thick guy. He’s not a big guy, he’s a thick guy. Feel good about Hagger. I like the mix of our group coming. Right shot, it’s a big fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad