Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [The Days are Getting Longer Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As noted above Tyson sent back to Barrie and since Ryan Fitzgerald has a NHL contract has to go through waivers. Phantoms could use a shooter or two.

Phantoms are winning after 2 periods 3-1. Johnson, Zamula, and Lacyzinski the goals but what is more interesting Sandstrom has robbed Springfield shooters with a couple of incredible saves.

Allison is playing a solid game; has a shot or two, but really it is Tanner's and Sandstrom's show tonight so far. BTW, Springfield is either first or second in the conference, so Phantoms are hanging with the big boys.

I honestly didn’t expect Al and Lac to be playing again so soon.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
After 1 period 1-0 on a Ratcliffe tip-in on the powerplay. Tanner and Allison are the two best so far. The shoots are like 6-5 in favor of Phantoms.
Not like last night. Tons of stick crap. Allison said enough of this shit. First period ended in a bunch of talking and high sticks.......IF Allison rubs off on Tippett, that will be good thing. Of course Rubstov and Bunnaman are not playing tonight. Need to get rid of contracts to sign all those college kids!!!

macleish1974

Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
3-2 Phantoms. As stated above Allison with a rebound on a breakaway shot. Ditto for Laczynski. Tons of checks, cross checks, feisty as hell.....

Between Saulnier and Allison, they stir the pot. Hodgson has to be less vocal since another 5 minute penalty results in more missed games.

Laczynski and O'Reilly are doing a decent job on face-offs. Defense could be better but they lost Hogberg early. MacKinnon is back playing D.

Zamula, Day and Wylie are playing reasonable well. Sandstrom is not letting in any easy goals. No super spectacular stops like last night.

I do not know when Ustimenko will be back again in goal. Errson still out.

3rd period about the start.....

macleish1974

Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Phantoms win a wild one 7-4. Easily Allison the No.1 with 2 goals and 2 assists. O"Reilly also had 2 goals. Sandstrom was strong enough 36-40 shots.
Defense pretty much held up with No.1 D-man Hogberg out during the 1st period, No update on his status.

They took two away games from 1st place Springfield. Good weekend.....

Good night everyone and enjoy pondering the trade tonight and all the trades that are still to come until March 21st......

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I did say barring another great trade. I can't wait for the Summer of Chuck 4.0. He's here to retool and chew flavorless bubblegum, and he's all out of gum.
You forgot MacEwen too. After Atkinson and Tippett, I think he's the 3rd most likely RWer on the team next year. Sadly.

Thankfully Patrick Brown is still under contract next season too.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

By including Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov in the deal, the Flyers are at 47 contracts; 50 is the maximum allowed. They will explore the college free-agent market, and they would also like to sign draftees Bobby Brink, Ronnie Attard, Noah Cates and Ivan Fedotov. Brink and Cates are forwards, Attard is a defenseman, and Fedotov is a 6-foot-6 Russian goalie who is 25 years old.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

They grow up so fast.

zack_hill_flyers_bobby_brink.jpg

brink_bobby_4762.jpg

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Not exactly Flyers related, but I went to a Reading Royals game this afternoon for the first time - my wife got a free ticket for teacher's appreciation day and it was also $1 nacho, hot dogs, and popcorn. The drop off in the level of play/talent is more noticeable than going to a Reading Phillies game, but I was pleasantly surprised about the in arena experience. It's a little thing, but even something like the goal horn and light/smoke show was a nice touch and more than I was expecting.

I could definitely see myself going back again.

Also, one game sample size, but Millman seems too good for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad