Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [The Days are Getting Longer Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So I guess Connor McClennon isn’t getting an ELC? Not that I think he’s some NHL lock or anything but it’s not like they’re chalk full with options in their minor league system & they’ve certainly signed way worse over the years.

They only have a single contract slot to work with going into a trade deadline where Fletcher may be making feeble attempts at selling. Thanks to his urge to grab all the waiver shit.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So I guess Connor McClennon isn’t getting an ELC? Not that I think he’s some NHL lock or anything but it’s not like they’re chalk full with options in their minor league system & they’ve certainly signed way worse over the years.
Dumb.

When they took him, would they not be happy with how he has progressed? Would they really expect more?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

They can sign him to a 2022-23 contract when they'll have plenty of slots open, and let him play for the Phantoms under an OTA.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They only have a single contract slot to work with going into a trade deadline where Fletcher may be making feeble attempts at selling. Thanks to his urge to grab all the waiver shit.

It would count for next year. They got 26 contracts signed on for next year as of now. Sushko, Strome, & Rubtsov are all RFA’s. I’d imagine it’s time to walk away from all three. You then have J. Cates, Sandin, & Ratcliffe as RFA’s too.

Avon & Tuomaala could slide. Then you’re adding as of now Foerster, Wisdom, Desnoyers, & Lycksell. You still have Brink & N. Cates to add.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
BU and BC guys are signing pro contracts. I'm not expecting any signings for the Flyers but should hear something soon.

McClennon would have to be one of the best players to go unsigned so I would be surprised if a team short on picks and selections in recent years would outright pass on him. Plus he has a connection to Greig and checks the goal scoring box Fletcher always talks about.

Wisdom also has 20 points in 28 games this year in the OHL.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

It would be f***ing stupid if they did not give him one.

Longshot ofc, but one of the handful of guys in the pool who if things went very well could actually be maybe a 2nd liner.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
BU and BC guys are signing pro contracts. I'm not expecting any signings for the Flyers but should hear something soon.

McClennon would have to be one of the best players to go unsigned so I would be surprised if a team short on picks and selections in recent years would outright pass on him. Plus he has a connection to Greig and checks the goal scoring box Fletcher always talks about.

Even if you plan for the bias I can't get my hopes up right now. Ben Myers is a Minnesota guy and I don't even think they will sign him

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

That's inzayde

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Flyers do something right...send Tyson Foerster to Barrie Colts to go through a playoff run instead of whatever the hell they're doing in Lehigh Valley.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Flyers do something right...send Tyson Foerster to Barrie Colts to go through a playoff run instead of whatever the hell they're doing in Lehigh Valley.

Was he injured this season? I notice he's only played 9 games for the Phantoms

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
As noted above Tyson sent back to Barrie and since Ryan Fitzgerald has a NHL contract has to go through waivers. Phantoms could use a shooter or two.

Phantoms are winning after 2 periods 3-1. Johnson, Zamula, and Lacyzinski the goals but what is more interesting Sandstrom has robbed Springfield shooters with a couple of incredible saves.

Allison is playing a solid game; has a shot or two, but really it is Tanner's and Sandstrom's show tonight so far. BTW, Springfield is either first or second in the conference, so Phantoms are hanging with the big boys.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Sandstrom with 32-33 saves. Outstanding. Zamula No.1 star for I guess the winning goal, though I thought Sandstrom was No.1 star for the evening.

The Phantoms play Springfield again tomorrow. Phantoms are not back home until April.

The Flyers I guess tonight really sucked. 6-4 and an empty net goal........they are the clowns of the NHL. Glad I did not watch.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
391E1D37-46FF-424F-BD72-96DE6DC89823.jpeg

“He was undrafted for a reason.”

There are, at this point, thousands(?) of NHL draft picks who were not good enough to be drafted but were anyways.

Main point: Zamula is a good hockey player. An NHL talent? Yep. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t end up becoming a positive possession player, proficient at entry denials, and strong on the breakout. All 3 skills are VITAL in today’s NHL for defenseman to be net-positive contributors. Dude could stand to gain some good weight. That’s basically the only “obstacle” at this point. Otherwise, he’s been progressing very nicely. As he has done since he was signed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
View attachment 518155

“He was undrafted for a reason.”

There are, at this point, thousands(?) of NHL draft picks who were not good enough to be drafted but were anyways.

Main point: Zamula is a good hockey player. An NHL talent? Yep. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t end up becoming a positive possession player, proficient at entry denials, and strong on the breakout. All 3 skills are VITAL in today’s NHL for defenseman to be net-positive contributors. Dude could stand to gain some good weight. That’s basically the only “obstacle” at this point. Otherwise, he’s been progressing very nicely. As he has done since he was signed.
He's only 21. That's young for a D-man who's not an elite prospect. Most D-men outside the 1st round don't start until they're 22-24 years old.
And he missed a full year of PT the previous two seasons.
So I'd say he's doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad