Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Post draft 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Marchand is likable?
image.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Anyone care to provide their insights on how Desnoyers play has been this season? I’ve never watched him play. Point totals thus far seem good!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Under a normal year yeah but not sure how it works this year.

Rochette was really good as a 16 year old and didn’t seem to take the next step. I didn’t think he was worth drafting but I know some people liked him.

I just want my board draft to accurately reflect how smart I am about hockey. Him going back in the draft next year makes it seem like I had no idea what I was doing taking him this year.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Interesting that they didn't think highly enough of Cardwell to draft him. Or, maybe they would have if they hadn't traded those picks? He's on the same team as Foerster, so they must've gotten a good look at him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looking for some info on players who made their debut last season...

Connor Bunnaman
David Kase
Carsen Twarynski

What kind of players are they and what is their NHL projection looking like?

Thanks!

Bunnaman is a big defensively oriented center, struggled to begin the year, went down, came back and was solid, good forechecker, but right now he's overly cautious, but he's also only 22, so as he gets experience he should open up offensively. Not a great playmaker, but has a good shot and could end up at LW.

Kase is similar to his brother, including the injuries, fast, skilled, undersized, but has yet to put it together. Now playing center in the Czech league, which may suit him better than wing, if he can stay healthy is probably on the verge of breaking out.

Twarynski made the team out of camp based on his motor, was passable at LW, struggled when moved to his offside due to injuries. His future is as a 4th line forechecker, has good speed and size, a good shot, but lacks the skills and instincts for a middle six role.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Connor Bunnaman

Here's the thing about Bunny. People are going to expect him to be a strong, defensively-conscious, grinding kind of power forward without much offensive upside. I think he's going to shock the world and become a very good all-around NHLer. The good thing about his reputation is that dinosaurs love that shit, so he is going to get some leeway (at some point, hopefully now). But if you look at the way he fairly rapidly improved his skating, I think there is plenty of room for optimism.

He is absolutely captain material, but I doubt the morons in charge will ever give him the C. That's fine. Ultimately, I would just say "Watch this space." And then later, when I am like "Atoadaso," you can go "Yes you did, Cap."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad