Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Post draft 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Well I would have to assume that if you are a citizen of the Home nations, that you would have studied this amazing event during your history classes or something like that....here in Canada I had never heard of it until I was much older and decided to do my own reading on this subject....The UK certainly has many moments of incredible history......
I am not a citizen of the UK, my wife is English, but I am a Yank. My paternal grandfather is from Hamilton, Ontario though.
I do love history though and the Wars of the Roses were incredible.

Reactions: Devonator

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I am not a citizen of the UK, my wife is English, but I am a Yank. My paternal grandfather is from Hamilton, Ontario though.
I do love history though and the Wars of the Roses were incredible.
Okay...cool......yes our British ancestors have many episodes of fascinating history....The War of Roses just being one of those stories....

Reactions: IronMarshal

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pain.

74D5C45F-3919-43BB-A3F2-282085D419F5.jpeg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I watched both games back-to-back Ted. I got flashbacks to last year and dozed off a couple times.
Say what ya want ND won both games . Offence is entertaining but Defense wins games . It,s why i like NHL regular season more than playoffs the regular season play is more entertaining .

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Say what ya want ND won both games . Offence is entertaining but Defense wins games . It,s why i like NHL regular season more than playoffs the regular season play is more entertaining .
You still have to score more goals than the other team unless that changed recently.

Notre Dame is the older team with more experience so it’s not really surprising they got the better of the youngest team in the Big Ten. It was just boring hockey. That was the only way they were going to win and they did. Most college games are boring tbh but Michigan was playing at a breakneck pace the first two weeks that was a welcomed change. I think Penn State will let them play at that tempo again.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
You still have to score more goals than the other team unless that changed recently.

Norte Dame is the older team with more experience so it’s not really surprising they got the better of the youngest team in the Big Ten. It was just boring hockey. That was the only way they were going to win and they did. Most college games are boring tbh but Michigan was playing at a breakneck pace the first two weeks that was a welcomed change. I think Penn State will let them play at that tempo again.
Yup , Penn State has no clue to how to play defense and has not since they entered 4/5 years ago . They would just try to outscore 9-7 and then when they got to teams that had reasonable offence and good defensive structure they were done , aka Ohio and ND . Now i did not like the style Ohio and ND played but they won with it .
Guys on here just pee themselves with offense but if you want to win in playoffs you better be able to defend and defend well . Winning a lot of times is boring

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In college, defense works even better than the pros b/c when you play a young, talented team full of freshman and sophomores that will go pro, they are going to lack the structure and discipline of less talented but more experienced and better coached teams and get frustrated and make mistakes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How good has Destroyer been so far - Halifax scoring:

Desnoyers 16g 12-13 25 +8; PP 2-3 5 SH 1-0 1, ES 9-10 19 [leads the league in ES scoring]
L'Heureux 12g 7-6 13 -3; PP 1-1 2; ES 6-5 11
Robert Orr 15g 6-7 13 +5; PP 2-0 0; SH 0-1 1; ES 4-6 10
Markus Vidicek 16g 5-8 13 +2; PP 1-3 4, ES 4-7 11
James Swan 16g 5-6 11 +1; PP 1-0 1, ES 4-6 10
Jordan Dumais 13g 4-7 11 -6; PP 2-2 4, ES 2-5 7

Reactions: Devonator

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Yup , Penn State has no clue to how to play defense and has not since they entered 4/5 years ago . They would just try to outscore 9-7 and then when they got to teams that had reasonable offence and good defensive structure they were done , aka Ohio and ND . Now i did not like the style Ohio and ND played but they won with it .
Guys on here just pee themselves with offense but if you want to win in playoffs you better be able to defend and defend well . Winning a lot of times is boring

If you want to win you better be able to do everything well.

Reactions: Striiker and wasup

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Unsurprisingly York & Brink there.

I honestly had to look Cam McDonald up. Undrafted 19 year old who plays at Providence (their head coach is coaching Team USA this go around).

Luckily the HC is an anointed professional and thus won't be tainted by his personal feelings towards a player and will play everybody purely on their ability to help the team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Luckily the HC is an anointed professional and thus won't be tainted by his personal feelings towards a player and will play everybody purely on their ability to help the team.

We’ll see. You assume archaic mindsets & favoritism but you just hope it’s kept to a minimum.

Sandelin last year was on par with Dave Lowry, Tim Hunter, Steve Spott, etc. as one of the worst coaching jobs in the last decade between Canada & US coaches.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
We’ll see. You assume archaic mindsets & favoritism but you just hope it’s kept to a minimum.

Sandelin last year was on par with Dave Lowry, Tim Hunter, Steve Spott, etc. as one of the worst coaching jobs in the last decade between Canada & US coaches.

Being at the tournament a loooot of people were pretty much openly laughing at Sandelin. I dont think I have seen that before. Scouts and others shaking their heads and making audible comments...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Being at the tournament a loooot of people were pretty much openly laughing at Sandelin. I dont think I have seen that before. Scouts and others shaking their heads and making audible comments...

Like maybe Turcotte, Caufield, etc. would have had shitty tournaments regardless. That’s ultimately life in a two week tournament. But he did nothing to help them to possibly get going with ice time/usage.

He brought a bland college grind them down with experience style to a tournament that doesn’t really do that.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Isn't this kind of proven by how many coaches you can list from the last what 5? 10 years of the tournament?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad