Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Post draft 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Minn-Duluth vs Denver was a bit of a slog. Pretty typical for the NCHC. Denver controlled most of the game but couldn't muster many prime scoring chances. Duluth pulled it out late with 2 PP goals.

Denver misses Ian Mitchell a lot. They lack any skill on the blue line. Brink created a few nice chances for his teammates, especially on the PP. It seems like Denver has absolutely no one to feed Brink the puck. I'm afraid he'll be forced to create his own chances this season. Not ideal.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Denver misses Ian Mitchell a lot. They lack any skill on the blue line.
Benning and Tuomisto are pretty skilled but freshman. Speaking of freshman, Wyatt Kaiser playing on the first pair and PP1 right out of high school. Looks pretty, pretty good.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
- Beecher is a human turnover

- York is good but he pretty much never holds on to the puck to survey all of his options. He’d be better off holding onto the puck a second longer sometimes. It’s frequently: get puck, pass puck.

- I’m not too impressed by Owen Power’s draft season thus far.
*Yes, I know it’s early in the season*

- Michigan using Blankenberg and Power on PP1 over York <<<<<<

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Brisson must feel like he hit the lottery getting away from Beecher. If you think York’s production is pedestrian, Beecher has one point in 7 games.

- I’m not too impressed by Owen Power’s draft season thus far.
*Yes, I know it’s early in the season*
You don’t see defenseman his size as skilled as he is but he’s going to struggle defensively I think. He’s not Logan Stanley but he has that same high cut body type with the long legs that is not conducive to changing directions quickly. He moves well straight ahead but laterally or turning and pivoting he struggles. He’s gotten eaten up on the forecheck a few times. He doesn’t really make an impact in the DZ for a guy who is basically the size of Colton Parayko. It’s an unusual year, but I think the 1-1 hype is crazy.

- Michigan using Blankenberg and Power on PP1 over York <<<<<<
They rotate so no unit is the true first unit, but that Bordeleau, York, Brisson triangle is pretty deadly when they are out there.

York’s casualness got the better of him on one PP and that pretty much pissed away an opportunity.

Reactions: Stizzle and TB87

TB87

May 30, 2018
Brisson must feel like he hit the lottery getting away from Beecher. If you think York’s production is pedestrian, Beecher has one point in 7 games.

You don’t see defenseman his size as skilled as he is but he’s going to struggle defensively I think. He’s not Logan Stanley but he has that same high cut body type with the long legs that is not conducive to changing directions quickly. He moves well straight ahead but laterally or turning and pivoting he struggles. He’s gotten eaten up on the forecheck a few times. He doesn’t really make an impact in the DZ for a guy who is basically the size of Colton Parayko. It’s an unusual year, but I think the 1-1 hype is crazy.

They rotate so no unit is the true first unit, but that Bordeleau, York, Brisson triangle is pretty deadly when they are out there.

York’s casualness got the better of him on one PP and that pretty much pissed away an opportunity.

Power’s lateral and short area quickness definitely needs work. When I see a 1st overall pick candidate they’re (usually) consistently dominant. I have seen only fleeting glimpses of that thus far. He’ll struggle as a pro if he doesn’t improve in those areas. That casual play by York was REAL rough.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think people are sleeping on Sandin, his SHL performance matches up against NAK's AHL performance, while he's not as fast as NAK, he seems to be a better net front presence. I'll let Appleyard compare their respective hockey IQ.

Point is don't assume NAK has a real edge on Sandin, both are the same age.

What is promising about Sandin is as a late bloomer he has steadily improved over the last five years, first in his two seasons in Allsvenskan, then in his three seasons in the SHL, which suggests there may be additional upside left.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I think people are sleeping on Sandin, his SHL performance matches up against NAK's AHL performance, while he's not as fast as NAK, he seems to be a better net front presence. I'll let Appleyard compare their respective hockey IQ.

Point is don't assume NAK has a real edge on Sandin, both are the same age.

What is promising about Sandin is as a late bloomer he has steadily improved over the last five years, first in his two seasons in Allsvenskan, then in his three seasons in the SHL, which suggests there may be additional upside left.
Everyone seems to think those two will be battling against each other. But why not have both. JVR is the guy I’m dying to get of. Way to big of a cap hit for a guy that floats, and is declining.

Lindblom — Couturier — Konecny
Farabee — Hayes — Voracek
Giroux — Frost/Patrick — Aube Kubel
Raffl — Laughton — Sandin

is what I would do. Let the kids take a step forward. And move G down the line up. Let him focus on PP, and dial his minutes down a bit. Hopefully he is healthier come playoff time.

TB87

May 30, 2018
HockeyBuzz comments section has some real gems. Like this exchange:

4EFF6A0A-7791-4BEE-AA49-8481C0C81BCF.jpeg

Reactions: DancingPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad