Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Post draft 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It does when this is your first time with the "Program of Excellence".

He was probably going to have to play flawless to have a chance.
Oh I'm absolutely not expecting him to make the team because team canada

He did follow up with a nice pinch on the next shift though. Explosive closing speed and strength on the boards

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
From the ashes, Mason will arise again tomorrow in the next intrasquad game

Which I probably can't watch because I'm at the other hospital with other coworkers

Fs in the chat

Reactions: Stizzle

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Millman didn’t play well eh? Never expected him to make the team anyways. TC tends to have their favorites set in stone real, real early.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Millman was much better tonight. He settled in. I was impressed with how quick the puck leaves his stick after arriving. Nothing spectacular to report. He could play around the net a little more aggressive, but overall a decent little bounce back.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Millman was much better tonight. He settled in. I was impressed with how quick the puck leaves his stick after arriving. Nothing spectacular to report. He could play around the net a little more aggressive, but overall a decent little bounce back.

Tonight he was calm & in his element. His ability to complete and receive passes on his backhand has always stood out. Tonight was no exception. His pace of play was lightning quick too.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
<3 can't teach resiliency

I project him to the lockerest of locker room guys who wears the biggest of pants

Foerster is out injured tonight because Flyers.
Wow!! No kidding!!

Reactions: TB87 and Stizzle

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looks like the US Program might be just mixing their two teams at this point to get games in as they’re getting hit with postponements. It was technically the U17’s playing yesterday but there were U18’s in there too.

Encu8zWXMAIX3QO

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Looks like the US Program might be just mixing their two teams at this point to get games in as they’re getting hit with postponements. It was technically the U17’s playing yesterday but there were U18’s in there too.

Encu8zWXMAIX3QO
There are some outrageous names on that list.

Rutger McGroarty
Cruz Lucius
Red Savage
Seamus Casey

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There are some outrageous names on that list.

Rutger McGroarty
Cruz Lucius
Red Savage
Seamus Casey

Suburban white people.

I honestly don’t see the point in carrying a junior or number for your name unless your father, grandfather, etc. that you share a name with was known in that same industry. Like Cal Ripken Jr., Ken Griffey Jr., etc. make sense.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I knew a few Seamus’ but even living in a neighborhood that had a lot of Irish last names in it, it wasn’t a whole lot. Probably too bizarre for American standards. A lot Michael’s, Francis’, Timothy’s, Patrick’s, etc. essentially traditional names.

Names like Seamus and Siobahn are semi-common names in Northern England due to our Irish diaspora.

I did not know how to pronounce Siobahn and make the connection to "sha-von" until I was in my early teens. As someone descended from the Irish diaspora myself. Haha. But all my family went for very Latin Catholic names instead of Irish Irish.

The amount of people I called "cee-oh-barn" after seeing only their name numbers more than one as a ~10 year old.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Names like Seamus and Siobahn are semi-common names in Northern England due to our Irish diaspora.

I did not know how to pronounce Siobahn and make the connection to "sha-von" until I was in my early teens. As someone descended from the Irish diaspora myself. Haha. But all my family went for very Latin Catholic names instead of Irish Irish.

The amount of people I called "cee-oh-barn" after seeing only their name numbers more than one as a ~10 year old.

My last name is actually from Northern Ireland (the Protestant way of spelling it they say) although somewhere along the line they converted to Catholicism. Me, my dad, my grandfather, & my great grandfather for example were Catholics (that’s as far as I know for sure). Although me & my dad are lapsed agnostic Catholics.

I’m essentially a mutt of Western European ethnicities. Irish (the most), Italian, German, British, & some type of Scandinavian (although that’s just purely from a DNA ancestry test that I can’t really trace from people in my family).

Last edited:
Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

So you were named after a Pope instead of the Macedonian conqueror?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
My last name is actually from Northern Ireland (the Protestant way of spelling it they say) although somewhere along the line they converted to Catholicism. Me, my dad, my grandfather, & my great grandfather for example were Catholics (that’s as far as I know for sure). Although me & my dad are lapsed agnostic Catholics.

I’m essentially a mutt of Western European ethnicities. Irish (the most), Italian, German, British, & some type of Scandinavian (although that’s just purely from a DNA ancestry test that I can’t really trace from people in my family).
Doom originates from Northern Ireland? TIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad