Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (mid-year edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I don't ever take rankings seriously from guys like Pronman but I will say the Flyers being 6th is pretty accurate. (Trying to be objective as possible)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Looking at Sarnia's roster. If Konecny is sent back & Zacha isn't. Their talent is mostly going to be in 98's & 99's. If that scenario plays out I wonder if we see him traded again?

If he goes back, doesn't Sarnia have to send a bunch of more stuff to finish out that trade?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Ottawa gets two more second rounders if Konecny is back next year.

Oh, that's not as much as I thought. But I guess in that world, its probably huge. I can see that team trying to recoup if they don't think they are contenders. Who's the next likely spot? London?

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Your favorite prospect guru just posted his top 100 prospects plus top goalie prospects. Going to guess the Flyers have 4 in top 100 for him. Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim and Rubtsov (in order).

Edit: Sounds like it's: Provorov (18), Konecny (22), Rubtsov (36), Lindblom (69), Sanheim (71), Myers (84).

Lol would love to know which D are ahead of Provorov and Sanheim. Also, wonder if he still puts Santini on his top 100 even though he's a lesser prospect than Morin.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Somebody has to have Insider to check.

He also ranked Hart over Sandstrom, which is fine, but in my opinion, I think he should be behind, but that's debatable.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Your favorite prospect guru just posted his top 100 prospects plus top goalie prospects. Going to guess the Flyers have 4 in top 100 for him. Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim and Rubtsov (in order).

Edit: Sounds like it's: Provorov (18), Konecny (22), Rubtsov (36), Lindblom (69), Sanheim (71), Myers (84).

Lol would love to know which D are ahead of Provorov and Sanheim. Also, wonder if he still puts Santini on his top 100 even though he's a lesser prospect than Morin.

All rankings are bs and for entertainment only but if you figure that all top 100 prospects would be projected as top 6 forwards and top 4 defensmen, that's a nice little representation in there for the flyers. 3 defensemen, 2 lefties and 1 rightly, and a complete forward line; Koencny (RW) -Rubtsov- Lindholm (LW).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Didn't know where to start, but these are the D rankings:

Werenski
Juolevi
Provorov
Fabbro
Bean
Chabot
Chychrun
Theodore
Sergachev
Walman
McAvoy
Girard
Honka
Hicketts
Morrissey
Saarijarvi
Forsling
Fleury
Sanheim
Lindell
Pokka
Roy
Kylington
Myers
Juulsen
Dermott
Clague
Fox
Pulock
Bowey
Carrick
Deangelo
Lauzon
Matheson
McKeown
Paigin
Santini
Larsson
Montour

No honorable mention for Morin or Hagg this year. Just remember Shayne Gostisbehere wasn't a top 100 prospect either according to this guy.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Pronman is quite easily the worst. His lists are utterly meaningless.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're still prospects, and the jury is still out. Maybe Pronman is right. We don't know.

Obviously, but people can still make lists based on what players project to be by watching them closely and comparing them to their peers.

No scout/writer/fan is 100% guaranteed to be right when it comes to prospects, but there certainly good lists and bad lists... this is a bad list, like all of his lists.

The fact that we can't be 100% certain doesn't mean you can't be wrong when making a list. I can't make a list and rank Goulbourne 1st overall and then have someone like Matthews outside the top 50 and then defend that by saying "well they're prospects, you can't be sure I'm wrong".

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Girard
Honka
Hicketts
Morrissey
Saarijarvi
Forsling
Fleury
Sanheim

There is no escape

Pronman has always thought slightly lesser of Provorov than most everyone else, so that one is par for the course for him (questioning his defense is....something, that's for sure). But to have those players (you can add in Fabbro and Chychrun whose rankings baffle me) especially above Sanheim is outrageous.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is what he said about Provorov... :laugh:

Provorov had a decent season. He was CHL and WHL defenseman of the year, and one of the best defensemen at the WJC. He's a very unique player who can be fun to watch not because of his athleticism -- which is very good -- but because of how smart he is. Provorov's reads at both ends of the ice allow him to dominate puck possession. He's a very shifty skater who has a bit of a unique lean in how he moves that can look a little off at times, but his edges and power make him quite elusive. Provorov moves the puck efficiently and has a good shot, too. I don't think he's going to dangle people left and right at the next level, but he can certainly lead a rush. He's not spectacular defensively, but he's solid. Provorov works hard without taking too many penalties, which is always a plus.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It seemed like Provorov was easily one of the best defensive defenseman in all 3 leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad