Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Mar.-Apr. edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I don't think Myers was the best defensemen in camp last year. I think even this fan base was still unfamiliar with him compared to the others & didn't know where to really place expectations for him. He didn't have the sky high expectations like Provorov or Sanheim entering camp so whether it was indirectly or not he was likely being judged on a lower scale than those two.

Agree with your assessment. The contrary position seems based on "he was last to be sent down" which is not the same thing as best of the kids. Keeping him around to give him a bigger taste of better competition, and to watch how he took too it, makes a ton of sense for someone in junior who cant be called up after being sent down and isn't facing the higher level of competition in the AHL. THey did the EXACT same thing with Morin before sending him back to the Q 2 years prior.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Really precise there for Gordon. No wonder the Phantoms looks like they don't have a scooby.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers in camp - the key was not whether he was the "best" D-man, rather, whether he looked physically ready to play in the NHL. If the answer is yes, then it's only a question of his skills and IQ. Sanheim wasn't physically ready, so no matter how good he looked, Hextall wanted him to get stronger. Given that Myers has a NHL body, the only question is whether he's ready to play at that level.

Martel is a long-shot, it's not just that he's small, he's small fighting for a job on a team where they already have Weal, Giroux, Konency and Cousins in the top 9 mix, how many smurfs can you dress? And Martel has good but not elite speed.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I really like Martel, But I can't see him ever cracking an NHL lineup.

Depends. If he can bring his above-and-beyond energy and add a little offensive flair to the game, I can see it. Would love to see him get a shot. I think he can be as good as, or better than Cousins.

But there's a handful of guys in his way now...

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
No Friedman again for LV. Also Fazleev is scratched.

What are the chances Carter Hart joins the team if they lose to Seattle? It sounds like Stolarz is out for the playoffs.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Lamarche is swinging the magic stick.

They need to stop calling penalties. This is unwatchable.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The fans that came to see the refs got their wish.
They must be getting paid by the call.
ec468da9bae42fbfeaf5d39121ca4307.png

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I cannot believe Fazleev keeps getting scratched.

This time for Swavely. Has been scratched for Goulbourne recently too.

Fazleev is one of their best PKing forwards and has been really solid this season. Far better offensively than both too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To me guys with AHL contracts should never be playing over those with NHL contracts for long periods of time. You owe those guys absolutely nothing & it's very questionable as to whether they're upgrades.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Phantoms have been a train wreck for a while. Is Gordon doing something stupid down there?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Whatever result gets Gordon out of the organization is what I want. I don't believe in AHL playoff pixie dust, so if it's a 1st round bounce, whatever. If it's a Calder Cup and some NHL team hires him, whatever. He's a counterproductive moron who I don't want to see drooling behind the bench on future Phantoms teams.

Also, RN needs to step it up.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They honestly play like those old Edmonton teams over the years. Do a lot of damage on the PP while at ES they get caved in their own zone a lot. The forwards cheat outside of the blue line looking for a home run pass & that's basically their breakout.

The thought of Scott Gordon & Riley Cote being entrusted these past two years with the future of this franchise is a pretty scary thought. Gordon makes Hakstol look like Scotty Bowman.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Are the Phantoms pound-for-pound, even with a guy like Weal gone, the most talented AHL team in the league up and down the roster, from AHL stars to top prospects? They have to be, right?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm surprised you guys are still watching. I couldn't take it anymore. My patience for the Phantoms is very thin these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad