Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [June 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think Zamula is closer to #1 than to #6. I had Andrae ranked ahead of Foerster (maybe a bit aggressive) and I can't convince myself he's a better prospect than Zamula. Skill for skill, where does he have the edge? And I'm not a size queen, but reach matters for off-puck purposes and we are talking 6'3+ vs. maybe 5'9. That is significant.

I can understand that.

I feel the Brink, Andrae, Zamula and Foerster bracket is all quite close. Would not really argue about any order.

Zamula I like. But I think Andrae is better past the blue-line, has a higher IQ, and in turn has slightly higher upside.

But talking the difference between me thinking Andrae can be a ~35 point #3 vs Zamula a ~30 point #3 and both with plus defence.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Zamula is closer to #1 than to #6. I had Andrae ranked ahead of Foerster (maybe a bit aggressive) and I can't convince myself he's a better prospect than Zamula. Skill for skill, where does he have the edge? And I'm not a size queen, but reach matters for off-puck purposes and we are talking 6'3+ vs. maybe 5'9. That is significant.

Well, size works both ways, Andrae is probably going to end up 5'9 195 or so, and have great leverage in many situations, like the corners and the boards. But he's not going to clear the crease on a regular basis.

Zamula has the reach, but if he can't get to 200+, well, look at Sanheim get pushed around and you see the flaw of a tall D-man with limited mass, not strong enough to move big guys, too high a center of gravity to get leverage.

Both will compensate with smarts, both will have some limitations due to their physical limitations.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I feel like frost and York are a set above 3-6 on apples list

Reactions: Appleyard

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I can understand that.

I feel the Brink, Andrae, Zamula and Foerster bracket is all quite close. Would not really argue about any order.

Zamula I like. But I think Andrae is better past the blue-line, has a higher IQ, and in turn has slightly higher upside.

But talking the difference between me thinking Andrae can be a ~35 point #3 vs Zamula a ~30 point #3 and both with plus defence.
Yeah I guess that is where we disagree. I have some reservations grading Andrae's hockey sense that highly and I think Zamula's feel for the game, vision, anticipation, poise, etc. is top notch. If you can knock Zamula for anything it's his skating stride, but that is not a strength for Andrae either. I guess you could argue Andrae is stronger and more stout physically, but again we are talking about a 6+ inch difference in height/reach that I don't think strength makes up for. Andrae is certainly skilled and may have a better shot, but Zamula isn't lacking in the skill department.

I feel like frost and York are a set above 3-6 on apples list
I have Frost and York 1-2, but I can't agree. I could totally see a scenario where Zamula is better than York (he's going to get first crack most likely). And Brink is so good offensively that he has to be in that top tier. Right now I'd probably have Frost, York, Brink, Zamula in a tier and then Foerster and Andae in another and then the rest.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frost 1st?

Have we forgotten already?

8c1fb5b7f50f1a3d5d3d71e981bd07c1.png

By the way, the guy behind him is only 5'7'' so it just shows how small he is too.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Well, I tuned in late for Skelleftea-HV71 to see our boys Andrae and Sandin and our dreamboi Berggren.

In the 1st, Andrae got his pocket picked on a breakout which immediately led to a 2 on 1 goal (Berggren assist). Then in the 2nd, Emil had a PP breakout pass blocked for a breakaway goal. Sandin also had a brutal DZ turnover which led to a breakaway, but it wasn't converted, then short after, he made a nice OZ blue line stickhandle into a pass for a HV71 goal.

I don't think Andrae is seeing a single shift more in this game. Great game to watch, Magua. You idiot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, I tuned in for the 2nd period of Skelleftea-HV71 to see our boys Andrae and Sandin and our dreamboi Berggren.

Andrae got his pocket picked on a breakout which immediately led to a 2 on 1 goal (Berggren assist). Then in the 2nd, Emil had a PP breakout pass blocked for a breakaway goal. Sandin also had a brutal breakout which led to a breakaway, but it wasn't converted, then he made a nice blue line stickhandle into a pass for a HV71 goal.

I don't think Andrae is seeing a single shift more in this game. Great game to watch, Magua. You idiot.

He is still getting PP time! Last PP was out to start.

But yeh. Worst game I have ever seen him play.

Yeh, nice assist just then from Sandin at least!

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Well, I tuned in late for Skelleftea-HV71 to see our boys Andrae and Sandin and our dreamboi Berggren.

In the 1st, Andrae got his pocket picked on a breakout which immediately led to a 2 on 1 goal (Berggren assist). Then in the 2nd, Emil had a PP breakout pass blocked for a breakaway goal. Sandin also had a brutal DZ turnover which led to a breakaway, but it wasn't converted, then short after, he made a nice OZ blue line stickhandle into a pass for a HV71 goal.

How are you watching? Legally, or via a stream *not asking for link*

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He is still getting PP time! Last PP was out to start.

But yeh. Worst game I have ever seen him play.

Yeh, nice assist just then from Sandin at least!

Was he? He only got like 1:30 min that period, and I thought that was it after the SH goal. I know I saw a ton of #64 (Andrae #4 ofc) on the PP afterwards. I don't know if I'll stick around, but I'll check his ice time at the end.

Well, I'm glad to get my first viewing in his worst game. Maybe next time I'll get his best. :laugh:

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
How are you watching? Legally, or via a stream *not asking for link*

Stream. onhockey

Anyone else notice we haven't won a cup since Magua was born and now this?

I'm not saying he's definitely the problem, I'm just saying there's a pattern that we might want to keep an eye on.

I'll give you a pattern. We should imprison you in the bathroom permanently.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
haha size queen dick joke 4 inches hahaha

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll give you a pattern. We should imprison you in the bathroom permanently.
I think that magic wore off a year or two back. :laugh:

Believe me, I've tried and it hasn't seemed to work lately.

Side bar, I remember locking myself in and crying in the fetal position at my mean aunt's house powder room/half bathroom once. I think I was like 4 and she made me sad by yelling at me.

Damn that sucks. I wouldn't know what it's like to get yelled at, since I'm so well behaved, but it sounds bad.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't want to update my rankings with the new crop. I want to pretend the last two days never happened.

Whenever @Curufinwe starts the prospect polls I'm only going to vote for the old Hextall prospects + Bobby Brink.

When we do it this year, PM me your picks so we make sure to martial our votes. We have had slight splits at times that f*** up the final totals.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Was he? He only got like 1:30 min that period, and I thought that was it after the SH goal. I know I saw a ton of #64 (Andrae #4 ofc) on the PP afterwards. I don't know if I'll stick around, but I'll check his ice time at the end.

Well, I'm glad to get my first viewing in his worst game. Maybe next time I'll get his best. :laugh:

After the Kinvall goal they had a PP and he was out to start. But then Martinsson came on and played the last 1.30 I believe.

Not had a shift in 3rd though. Sucks. Last three games he was in the top 3.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
@Appleyard @Magua @FLYguy3911 or anyone else.

Is there any window to sign any undrafted players from this draft? Follow up, any idea why Simon Kubicek wasn't drafted? 6'2 203 lb RHD who posted 27 pts in 52 games. I noticed he didn't "jump" from his previous season, just wondering on insight on him....and if there is a window to grab him or someone else.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad