Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Dec.-Jan. edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Schenn had 3 PPGs yesterday and you guys are finding ways to get him off the 1st unit. :laugh:

It's crazy that we have the top 4 PP guys in the league for points....only Ghost is not there.

I would just keep the top unit as us, and then let the young guys develop into the 2nd unit.

Simmonds= Couts
Schenn= Lindblom
Giroux= TK
Ghost= Provy
Voracek= Sanheim

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Stephane Leroux from RDS is saying Rubtsov will report to Chicoutimi after Christmas. He's really not a guy who makes things up from what I have seen.

Edit: Probably should have gone back a page. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Stephane Leroux from RDS is saying Rubtsov will report to Chicoutimi after Christmas. He's really not a guy who makes things up from what I have seen.

Yeah the trade window is about to open in the Q so a lot of deals are being leaked right now. Rubtsov isn't necessarily effected by that but Chicoutimi knowing he's coming over changes the outlook on their season. They've made a few trades that were leaked too. So they're bolstering their roster to make a run it would seem.

Their other two best pro prospects in Nicolas Roy & Frederic Allard will both turn pro next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Weekly Prospect Update:
AHL
Danick Martel - 22GP 5G 9A 14P +1
Travis Sanheim - 25GP 1G 9A 10P +6
Radel Fazleev - 25GP 2G 7A 9 +5
Cole Bardreau - 21GP 4G 3A 7P +3
Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 24GP 4G 3A 7P +5
Samuel Morin - 25GP 2G 3A 5P +1
Robert Hagg - 19GP 1G 2A 3P +4
Reece Willcox - 21GP 2G 1A 3P +9
Alex Lyon - 16GP 10-5-1 2.57GAA .914SV% 1SO

CHL (OHL, QMJHL, & WHL)
Anthony Salinitri - 29GP 13G 15A 28P -7
Connor Bunnaman - 28GP 14G 9A 23P +1
Samuel Dove-McFalls - 30GP 5G 15A 20P +5
Philippe Myers - 19G 8G 10A 18P +9
Carsen Twarynski- 27GP 9G 7A 16P -7
Pascal Laberge - 12P 3G 5A 8P 0
Carter Hart - 24GP 16-3-4 1.85GAA .928SV% 4SO

Czech Extraliga
David Kase - 16GP 3G 4A 7P -1

KHL
Mikhail Vorobyov - 36GP 3G 7A 10P +2
German Rubtsov - 15GP 0G 0A 0P -4
Ivan Fedotov - 5GP 3-2-0
2.01GAA .928SV% 0SO (VHL)

NCAA
Tanner Laczynski - 15GP 6G 16A 22P +15
Wade Allison - 16GP 9G 5A 14P +2
Mark Friedman - 19GP 4G 9A 13P +1
Terrance Amorosa - 10GP 1G 3A 4P +1
David Drake - 13GP 2G 1A 3P +1
Merrick Madsen - 11GP 8-2-1 2.27GAA .912SV% 1SO
Cooper Marody - DNP
Matej Tomek - DNP

SHL
Oskar Lindblom - 26GP 8G 17A 25P +11
David Bernhardt - 21GP 2G 5A 7P +4
Linus Hogberg - 26GP 0G 4A 4P -1
Felix Sandstrom - 11GP 9-2-0 2.00GAA .918SV% 2SO

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Those stat lines for the AHL guys should give you an idea of what is going on down there as far as usage goes. One guy over .5 PPG.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can't score if you're not on the ice.

Those vet Dmen have certainly earned their icetime. Don't worry about defense, save yourselves for the power play. :sarcasm:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Those Sanheim numbers seem promising though. Especially if his defensive game is coming into form well like it sounds like it is

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Those stat lines for the AHL guys should give you an idea of what is going on down there as far as usage goes. One guy over .5 PPG.

They look bad on the surface but without looking I'd imagine for the most of them that's pretty much all ES points. So that gives you a more positive outlook.

Morin having five points & being a +1 with getting the worst possible offensive usage on the team is encouraging.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Those Sanheim numbers seem promising though. Especially if his defensive game is coming into form well like it sounds like it is
They aren't terrible, but he has a lot more to offer. Maybe they will take the shackles off at some point this year. Will O'Neill only having 12 points with all the opportunities he gets though is a travesty.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I would kill to see Sanheim take O'Neill's old spot on the first unit PP and then switch to the left side partnered with Hagg or Wilcox on the right, perhaps if Morin gets called up in a couple months. The points would fall like the frogs at the end of Magnolia.

Even ignoring the usage, it feels like he's created enough to have gotten himself a few more points, but just failed conversions and whatnot.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
On Saturday it seemed like the top PP unit had Brennan and Weal at the points, and then Sanheim and O'Neill on the 2nd unit. Sanheim has a pretty good chance to score on one of the PPs.

Yeah, they are.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They aren't terrible, but he has a lot more to offer. Maybe they will take the shackles off at some point this year. Will O'Neill only having 12 points with all the opportunities he gets though is a travesty.

He should be in line for a demotion, especially with Alt back soon. Brennan may be annoying, but you can't argue with his production.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
On Saturday it seemed like the top PP unit had Brennan and Weal at the points, and then Sanheim and O'Neill on the 2nd unit. Sanheim has a pretty good chance to score on one of the PPs.

It seems to me that Hextall is bringing along the prospects as slow as possible. Wouldn't surprise me if Sanheim is partnered with Brennan on the top PP by the end of the season.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He should be in line for a demotion, especially with Alt back soon. Brennan may be annoying, but you can't argue with his production.

Yup. At least Brennan takes advantages of his opportunities. Not sure O'Neill will be demoted though. Alt will probably get paired with Brennan and Willcox will go back to the press box or Reading. They could reunite Morin and Alt and slide Hagg or Sanheim up to play with Brennan but I doubt they would do that.

The team is winning. The only way I see them changing things up drastically is if the team goes into a tailspin or someone gets injured. The one that should probably have the biggest gripe though is Morin. He's on the verge of the NHL, has only gotten better since his debut last year, and goes from the 1st pair to the 3rd pair. Doesn't makes sense. If they need to recall someone, he is likely the guy and he's playing on the 3rd pair in the AHL.

It seems to me that Hextall is bringing along the prospects as slow as possible. Wouldn't surprise me if Sanheim is partnered with Brennan on the top PP by the end of the season.
It looks that way and then you remember how Gostisbehere was used down there. I think Hextall gives Gordon an outline of what he wants to see, but in the end the coach makes the decisions to win games.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yup. At least Brennan takes advantages of his opportunities. Not sure O'Neill will be demoted though. Alt will probably get paired with Brennan and Willcox will go back to the press box or Reading. They could reunite Morin and Alt and slide Hagg or Sanheim up to play with Brennan but I doubt they would do that.

The team is winning. The only way I see them changing things up drastically is if the team goes into a tailspin or someone gets injured. The one that should probably have the biggest gripe though is Morin. He's on the verge of the NHL, has only gotten better since his debut last year, and goes from the 1st pair to the 3rd pair. Doesn't makes sense. If they need to recall someone, he is likely the guy and he's playing on the 3rd pair in the AHL.

It looks that way and then you remember how Gostisbehere was used down there. I think Hextall gives Gordon an outline of what he wants to see, but in the end the coach makes the decisions to win games.

I agree to a point. I believe Hextall wants a winning environment in Allentown but not at the expense of the future of the Flyers. His job is on the line based on how the Flyers do not how the phantoms do. So Gordon's going to have some autonomy but if Hextall wanted those prospects used differently, they would be used differently. No GM is going to let an AHL coach jeopardize his job. And the develop of those prospects will have a huge effect on Hextalls future employment.

How the prospects are use doesn't make sense to me, but to think Hextall doesn't approve complete also doesn't make sense.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Is Morin-Sanheim really getting less ES ice time than O'Neill-Hagg? I've only seen two games so I don't know.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Hextall wants his defensive prospects to focus on defense, junior is wide open and a lot of defensemen develop bad habits so he wants them to focus on defense in the AHL, get their basics down cold, because that's what they'll do in the NHL. As Hakstol gets confidence in their ability to play defense, he'll give them more leeway offensively.

You don't need Sanheim working on his offensive skills or Morin his booming shot from the point, those are easily refined at the next level, but on positioning, reading plays, etc. You can outskate your mistakes in junior, but try doing that on a regular basis in the NHL.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Hagg is doing quite well this year. In many ways, he is the best overall defensive player that is amongst the younger guys. He makes up for all the mistakes that ONeil makes. But ONeil for a Lifetime AHL player is really pretty good against an average lifetime AHL player. The only time ONeil gets in trouble is against a budding NHL player. And that is what Hagg does is erase those mistakes.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Russians on the main board are so salty about Rubtsov maybe coming the the CHL.

They're truly distressed about it.

What they should be angry about is having a bad league that makes their players want to escape.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Russians on the main board are so salty about Rubtsov maybe coming the the CHL.

They're truly distressed about it.

What they should be angry about is having a bad league that makes their players want to escape.

Yeah he is so much better off being the 13th forward in the KHL behind guys he is better than.

:sarcasm:

Hapiii

Jun 30, 2013
Anyone have full list of Flyers prospects going to the wjc?

edit: nvm found it

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Is Morin-Sanheim really getting less ES ice time than O'Neill-Hagg? I've only seen two games so I don't know.
No time on ice stats so just going off the eye, but O'Neill and Hagg always go out before Morin and Sanheim and they seem to get ****ed more than the other two pairings when the pairs get mixed up after a PK or PP. They don't exactly line match or anything. It may only end up being a couple minutes less per game but that adds up.

I agree to a point. I believe Hextall wants a winning environment in Allentown but not at the expense of the future of the Flyers. His job is on the line based on how the Flyers do not how the phantoms do. So Gordon's going to have some autonomy but if Hextall wanted those prospects used differently, they would be used differently. No GM is going to let an AHL coach jeopardize his job. And the develop of those prospects will have a huge effect on Hextalls future employment.

How the prospects are use doesn't make sense to me, but to think Hextall doesn't approve complete also doesn't make sense.
I'm only speculating obviously but using Sanheim as an example, I could see Hextall saying before the season, I want him to be in the lineup everyday, I want him used on the PP, I want him to play on the PK, and I want him to focus on defense. Gordon has him in the lineup everyday on the 3rd pair. He uses him on the 2nd PP. He plays on the 2nd PK unit, and he plays with Morin. Boom. Obligations fulfilled and he's winning games.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am 100% fine taking it slow with the Dmen and making sure they can actually play defense. As we have seen this year you can get plenty of offense from your dmen with a good PP and forwards. Obviously we will be getting a lot more offense from our defense in the future.

What does Rubtsov coming here mean for his development. I know it's a good thing, but does it shed a year off?

I think we are looking at a future goalie with great numbers. When you have a guys like we do and then a system like this and the future D, they are going to have a lot wins and good numbers overall. Really really excited Hart is playing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad