Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Dec.-Jan. edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Hockey Canada may have screwed up not inviting him to selection camp.
Agreed. Allison looks like a young Shane Doan to me. Big strong bowlegged farmboy with hockey sense. Goes hard to the net, great scoring and passing touch, hits hard.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not saying it's all Allison but what a turnaround WMU has had. They are top 10 in scoring at 3.44 goals per game. They averaged 2.22 last year. Already matched last year's win total.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hockey Canada may have screwed up not inviting him to selection camp.

Unless you're at the top of the draft (Toews), Hockey Canada ain't looking your way if you go to college. Maybe next year if he has a big enough season, I don't see the Flyers signing him after one season.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I know you want to hate on Gordon and he bugs me too, but you can blame Hextall a bit for the ice time. If you want these guys to play all the top minutes, he shouldn't have signed 3-4 AHL All-Stars. Then send Weal and Laughton down.

I can't help but feel it's all part of the plan. Hextall is likely expecting at least 1 of Morin/Hagg/Sanheim to finish the season on the flyers team. That would leave the Phantoms down one major piece. Should the injury bug hit, or our young D have an exceptional season in the A, it was quite conceivable that 2 of them got promoted.

We will have a better picture near the trade deadline to Hextalls plans. We know that he must be shopping at least a couple of Striet/Macdonald/Schultz/Manning for picks. If they go, we have the option of calling up the young talent, but still having a solid team down in the A. The most important thing for some of these kids is to grow up in a winning environment.

As much as we hate the play of these AHL allstars, there is a reason they are in the AHL. I would imagine that they are pretty solid pro's off the ice.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's not eligible next year.

Case closed. Thanks.

You're welcome.

I should also add that the source was quoted as saying "the most intangible intangibles I've seen in college hockey since Toews". So I guess that's ok too. The problem is how do we fit this upcoming contract under the cap?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
True. Just saying, I don't see the four of Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, and Ghost being broken up on the PP any time soon. The only replaceable guy on the unit is Schenn and I don't see Simmonds leaving right as the team's window will start to open.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Sanheim, Ghost, Provy, and Myers all could/should be getting PP time in several years. Honestly, I think a time may come where they don't run the 1-3-1.

Lol the Flyers should have a PP with 3 defensemen on it. Do it.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
For the future (hell, maybe even next year):

Voracek-Giroux-Simmonds
Ghost-Sanheim/Provy

Konecny-Couts-Schenn
Sanheim/Provy-Myers

Maybe swap in Lindblom at some points if he's with the club.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Lindblom seems like a good net front presence, all indications are he's tough a **** and hard to move.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Rubstov supposedly coming to the Q after Christmas

Just to add from the prospects board:

"Lalanchette (QMJHL reporter) is saying that he will report to Chicoutimi after Christmas.

Chicoutimi should be pretty good now as it's rumoured that they have added 4 top 6 forwards (including Rubtsov) to go along with Roy and Zhukenov."

I hope this is true. Very interested in seeing him against same age peers.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Schenn had 3 PPGs yesterday and you guys are finding ways to get him off the 1st unit. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad