Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
C996F504-D26E-4DF6-B98D-DC67DF489DE1.jpeg

I think this guy might be my new favorite player lol.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Are the phantoms good to watch this year? They seem to have an exciting lineup. I really hope Morin is staying on D for the rest of the year.

Reactions: BernieParent

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Laczynski is good to go. I've seen enough. Hopefully they can find a roster spot for him soon. I really want to see him with legit linemates, which he's never had. He's going to pop in the NHL.

Him and Sandin having to drag around a vet plug is par for the course for ol Gordor. He’s hit the ground running as a pro. It’s awesome.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Now if we can just get Allison back on the ice.
And the college seasons should be ending soon, except for those that make the playoffs.

However, I don't think they're televising any games in Philly this year, which is kind of stupid, you'd think Comcast would want to showcase prospects, and LHV would like to get exposure in the northern suburbs where it's actually the same drive to Allentown as the Wells Fargo center.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
To watch the Phantoms you need Service Electric service in the Lehigh Valley. Channel2. They have also all the Philly stations like NBCSports Philly. You can always listen to them on iHeart 1470.

Opeth are they still around? I thought they broke up??

BTW what is the Rammstein song which starts with the marching boots??? Sounds like the Totenkopf 1942 on parade.......

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Man. Looking at Zamula skate combined with that size, reach, and intelligence -- I'm sure the Flyers could get Ekholm for him, but I'm not particularly eager to trade him. He looks like an absolute stud in the making.
Unless Fletcher is stupid, and I am not ruling that out, Zamula should not have to be in the deal. Muzzin was traded for a 1st rd pick, Carl Grundstrom and Sean Darzi. Maybe I am being a homer, but I think Zamula is a much better prospect than either of those two players.

If Fletcher is offering a 1st, Zamula shouldn’t be in the deal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Unless Fletcher is stupid, and I am not ruling that out, Zamula should not have to be in the deal. Muzzin was traded for a 1st rd pick, Carl Grundstrom and Sean Darzi. Maybe I am being a homer, but I think Zamula is a much better prospect than either of those two players.

Hopefully you are right. I just worry that the market for Ekholm will be insanely competitive, because he is by far the best blueliner available & has a low cap hit. Nashville is going to have a ton of leverage. Suppose they demand Zamula & a lower pick instead of a 1st?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

York, Zamula, Wisdom should be untouchables. Wisdom b/c he has the intangibles that are key to building a team, the two D-men because they may be better than Ekholm (who'll be 32 and has declined the last couple seasons) in 2 years.

I don't trade Frost, Patrick or Lindblom simply b/c it would be selling low.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hopefully you are right. I just worry that the market for Ekholm will be insanely competitive, because he is by far the best blueliner available & has a low cap hit. Nashville is going to have a ton of leverage. Suppose they demand Zamula & a lower pick instead of a 1st?
I would hope he says no because it’s not just Zamula and a lower pick. It’s Zamula plus one of Lindblom, Patrick, Voracek, JVR, Myers, Sanheim, Ghost or whoever else they lose in the expansion draft or worse a trade to prevent Seattle from taking someone. It would be bad enough losing a 1st rd pick under those scenario let alone a good Top 4 defense prospect near ready for the NHL.

I am a little biased though because I think trading a 1st round pick or top prospect for anyone 30 years or older is stupid especially at the deadline.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have no problem trading a 1st rd pick (Flyers will pick in the 20s) given the prospect depth in the organization.
But with the ED coming up, the cost is both the trade asset and the marginal value of the better player you have to expose.

1st rd plus a top prospect is too much for a rental, especially a good player like Ekholm who is past his peak years (declined the last two seasons, which is why they're shopping him).

I'd rather they be patient, give Hogberg and Zamula another few weeks to a month, then bring them up.
I'd also look at trading Laughton near the TDL and bringing up Laczynski. Get something for Laughton and clear up the logjam (I suspect while Laughton is the better scorer right now, Laczynski would be the more reliable 4C).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
fwiw, Preds fans that talk about EK being traded is so that their other young D can play.

Josi, Ellis, Fabbro obvious good vets

Davies 9 pts in 9 AHL games
Allard 6 pts in 5 AHL games
Farrance 15 pts in 8 NCAA games

So they said they don't think they would be looking for a Dman.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
fwiw, Preds fans that talk about EK being traded is so that their other young D can play.

Josi, Ellis, Fabbro obvious good vets

Davies 9 pts in 9 AHL games
Allard 6 pts in 5 AHL games
Farrance 15 pts in 8 NCAA games

So they said they don't think they would be looking for a Dman.

I admittedly have no idea how much the Preds actually value Davies and Allard as NHL regulars. However, it is helpful that they are playing well in the minors if that means they potentially won't make Zamula absolutely mandatory in an Ekholm trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad