Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maxwell Willman at eliteprospects.com

What a bizarre trajectory for Willman.

Willman is a late round project pick whose size and skating ability made him an intriguing option despite the fact that he had played just one year of prep school hockey after playing public school high school hockey in Massachusetts. He is a smooth skater with a flair for the offensive side of the game, Willman stepped into the Brown program as a freshman and should contribute more in terms of scoring as he adapts to the college game.

Max Willman - Hockey's Future

Barnstable's Willman took long road to Sabres

Overlooked Willman gets chance awith Phantoms | Times News Online

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Willman is a late round project pick whose size and skating ability made him an intriguing option despite the fact that he had played just one year of prep school hockey after playing public school high school hockey in Massachusetts. He is a smooth skater with a flair for the offensive side of the game, Willman stepped into the Brown program as a freshman and should contribute more in terms of scoring as he adapts to the college game.

Willman making a case for a NHL contract if he can stay healthy and keep up with this pace.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA

I'll give this a like because my first ever "job" was as a paperboy for the Times News!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Attard is tied for the team lead in scoring. Flaws and all, the track record of defensemen who lead their team in scoring is pretty spectacular.

upload_2021-3-1_9-22-0.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, those USHL numbers don't seem like an overage (19) fluke now.
48g 30-34 64 +46, though only 1 point in 6 PO games that year.
He may be a late bloomer like Myers.
Doesn't sound like he's a top 4 candidate, but could be a 3rd pair guy who contributes on the power play, seems to have the body and brain to be a decent defender if he works on positioning. Might need a year or two in the AHL to smooth out rough edges.

Eye on the Future: Ronnie Attard

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My oft-wrong intuition on Attard would be as a trade chip to a prospect-poor club with a GM who is more pure output focused than an analytics disciple. Note: I don't mean setting out to deal Attard for the best possible return but rather his would be a name I would bring up early in the conversation when pursuing a roster player.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
My oft-wrong intuition on Attard would be as a trade chip to a prospect-poor club with a GM who is more pure output focused than an analytics disciple. Note: I don't mean setting out to deal Attard for the best possible return but rather his would be a name I would bring up early in the conversation when pursuing a roster player.
Might be, but I believe the Flyers think very highly of him.

He's also a guy that could go the UFA route ala Kalynuk after the season, so I'd think they are going to look to sign him when their season is finished.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, he's a big RHD with offensive chops, you don't want to let him walk, if you can improve his skating and defense there's a role for him.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, he's a big RHD with offensive chops, you don't want to let him walk, if you can improve his skating and defense there's a role for him.

He’s big, has a good shot, plays a hard nosed game (drops the gloves a decent amount, but isn’t the best fighter), and seems to be producing real well.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He’s big, has a good shot, plays a hard nosed game (drops the gloves a decent amount, but isn’t the best fighter), and seems to be producing real well.

Impressed how quickly he navigated through the neutral zone there.

Reactions: alatos

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Might be, but I believe the Flyers think very highly of him.

He's also a guy that could go the UFA route ala Kalynuk after the season, so I'd think they are going to look to sign him when their season is finished.
It says on cap geek he’s flyer property till august 15 of ‘23? Is that wrong?

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

What is the catch with Fedotov? Why not any more hype around him? Huge with great numbers in the KHL

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad