TSN: Phaneuf Will Have Disciplinary Meeting for hit on Miller

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I think he'll get a game or two.

It really looked like he was going in for a rough pin of Miller but due to him being tripped at the last second he got him in the upper back which knocked him down on an angle into the boards. Phaneuf is not a dirty player, there is definitely no intention of hurting someone on the play. Really was offended by you guys commentators call.

Please accept my apology for the other Leaf fan in this thread being a complete jackoff. He does not represent the entire fanbase, although he does represent a massive part of it on this forum.

Maybe you should step away from hockey for a little bit if the opinions of broadcasters are actually offending you.

Appreciate the apology but we're pretty familiar with how we should act here now. No player did anything our player didn't deserve. Our team is dirty so we can't call anything else out as bad even if we acknowledge what our own players did was bad.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe you should step away from hockey for a little bit if the opinions of broadcasters are actually offending you.

Was he offended by Jack saying Dion "loaded up" or by Brick saying that he couldn't believe they called Seidenberg for a hit to the head and didn't call Phaneuf??

Neither of these things was particularly nasty, so I'm not sure what the problem was? That was tame for Jack :laugh:

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Was he offended by Jack saying Dion "loaded up" or by Brick saying that he couldn't believe they called Seidenberg for a hit to the head and didn't call Phaneuf??

Neither of these things was particularly nasty, so I'm not sure what the problem was? That was tame for Jack :laugh:

Who even knows :laugh:. Sure maybe Jack exaggerated a little bit when he said "loaded up" but not much of what they said otherwise was that far off from the truth from what I remember.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Who even knows :laugh:. Sure maybe Jack exaggerated a little bit when he said "loaded up" but not much of what they said otherwise was that far off from the truth from what I remember.

I had the misfortune of listening to the Greg Millen/Joe Bowen broadcast, where the hit was called in a much gentler fashion;)

Can`t stand either, Bowen/Bowan whatever his name is has this voice that is absolutely annoying, and if I never hear Holy Mackinaw again I`d be fine, thankfully, there were few moments for him to say it last night.

At one point Millen attempted to describe Soderberg`s journey to the NHL mentioning he had "an eye issue" when in the SEL. Here`s a tip Greg, if/when you are about to give insight/background about a player (which I appreciate), how about ya do your research, and give the full and accurate story. He made it sound like Soderberg suffered from a lengthy bout of pink eye:shakehead

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I get the exaggerated and homerism stuff, heck, that`s kinda what I come to expect from the station who`s most closely covering whichever team they are covering.

I am more than able to admit that Jack and his exaggerations can be a touch over the top too but what I really like about he and Brick is when the B`s are playing poorly, they don`t sugar coat it

Anyways, back on topic

Dion is awful:)

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Personally, I'm offended that Phaneuf saw fit to run an unsuspecting player from behind because Lucic just made him look like an orange traffic cone.

...and I just watched the replay again. He led with his shoulder. Spare me the crap about a rough pin against the boards.

Besides... it shouldn't matter any more. Were I Shanahan, I'd make a public announcement that from now on, "reckless" acts will be treated the same as "intentional" acts.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I had the misfortune of listening to the Greg Millen/Joe Bowen broadcast, where the hit was called in a much gentler fashion;)

Can`t stand either, Bowen/Bowan whatever his name is has this voice that is absolutely annoying, and if I never hear Holy Mackinaw again I`d be fine, thankfully, there were few moments for him to say it last night.

At one point Millen attempted to describe Soderberg`s journey to the NHL mentioning he had "an eye issue" when in the SEL. Here`s a tip Greg, if/when you are about to give insight/background about a player (which I appreciate), how about ya do your research, and give the full and accurate story. He made it sound like Soderberg suffered from a lengthy bout of pink eye:shakehead

I can imagine how that experience was :laugh:

Get this, since I moved down to Dallas for work I have AT&T and they do not have NHL Network or CenterIce. Wasn't going to pay for GameCenter since you can get similar quality feeds online free. Guess which one I had to watch the Pens game on because it was the clearest one? That's right, ROOT :shakehead That was an awful experience listening to that Pens broadcast. I ended up switching to NESN with the lower quality that kept cutting out because I couldn't take the torture anymore.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Dion Phaneuf after the game when asked about his hit on Kevin Miller:

67102.jpg

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Call it when it happens.. that's what I'd like to see more than anything. As far as punishment, 2 games will suffice.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I can imagine how that experience was :laugh:

Get this, since I moved down to Dallas for work I have AT&T and they do not have NHL Network or CenterIce. Wasn't going to pay for GameCenter since you can get similar quality feeds online free. Guess which one I had to watch the Pens game on because it was the clearest one? That's right, ROOT :shakehead That was an awful experience listening to that Pens broadcast. I ended up switching to NESN with the lower quality that kept cutting out because I couldn't take the torture anymore.

My sincerest of condolences, there are some broadcasts I really like but man is that Leaf TV tandem awful, Pens too. As I stated, I fully understand the homerism from stations which carry their respective teams, but some of these PBP guys and analysts just can`t ever call a spade a spade when their team is playing poorly....reminds me of some of the fans here at times;)

I`m dreading the "Winter Classic"....how anything involving the Leafs can be put under the title of a "Classic" is beyond me

The Winter Classic should be a New Years Day rematch between the prior years Cup finalists....that`d be fun

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Who cares at this point. The NHL's suspensions are a joke. There is no consistency and the suspensions not a deterrent. Players have no clue if they'll get 1, 2, or 5 games or if they'll get a free pass. It's up to chance and randomness whether they will be suspended... thus players have no problem spinning the roulette wheel that is the NHL's Dept. of Player Safety.

Even if Dion gets 100 games, it's going to do nothing for the game given that Orpik gets 0. Without a consistent baseline and standard, suspensions mean nothing.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
My sincerest of condolences, there are some broadcasts I really like but man is that Leaf TV tandem awful, Pens too. As I stated, I fully understand the homerism from stations which carry their respective teams, but some of these PBP guys and analysts just can`t ever call a spade a spade when their team is playing poorly....reminds me of some of the fans here at times;)

I`m dreading the "Winter Classic"....how anything involving the Leafs can be put under the title of a "Classic" is beyond me

The Winter Classic should be a New Years Day rematch between the prior years Cup finalists....that`d be fun

That actually would be a good idea. I liked the concept of a real live rivalry for the classic, but they have demonstrated they aren't all that capable of picking the right ones. Leafs/Wings has not been a rivalry in years. Pens/Caps is a NBC made rivalry and of all the ones to make for the Bruins, they pick the Flyers? Bruins/Habs at Fenway Park would have been far bigger and more fun to watch. Likely more violent, which I'm guessing they were going for that with putting us against the Flyers?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Call it when it happens.. that's what I'd like to see more than anything. As far as punishment, 2 games will suffice.

Yeah, there should have been a penalty on the play.

However, like most AHL players, Miller needs to learn how to avoid leaving himself vulnerable along the boards.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

However, like most AHL players, Miller needs to learn how to avoid leaving himself vulnerable along the boards.

Horsepucky, no one who is facing the boards should be expected to protect themselves from to getting run from behind.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I say let Phaneuf play and suspend the refs 5 games. Phaneuf on the ice probably hurts the Leafs more than off (although I have seen Leafs fans who insist he is only bad against the Bruins).

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not trying to hijack this thread, just looking for quick answer...

Is neal having a hearing as well?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Painting with a pretty wide brush here, aren't you? Miller was showing him the numbers the whole time, that's on Dion. Also, I watch a fair amount of AHL games and I don't think they leave themselves any more susceptible to hits than the average NHL player. Anybody that moves up a league has to adjust to the speed of the game, but that had nothing to so with this hit/injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad