TSN: Phaneuf Will Have Disciplinary Meeting for hit on Miller

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
It should have been 2 minutes plus a couple games. Blown non-call.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
TSN showed a postgame interview with Phaneuf where the focus was on his accidental collision with Kessel.

All Phaneuf had to do was make some joke about it, but he immediately became confrontational with the reporter who brought up the subject.

How is he the captain of his team ?

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Frustrating how many teams are taking liberties with our players. At this rate we will have no roster players left in another 12 games.

The thing that frustrates me ever more is that if Chara, Lucic or Marchand make that same exact hit that Phaneauf makes tonight it's an AUTOMATIC match penalty and likely a very lengthy suspension and the whole hockey world cries "Bruin's are goons!". Yet Toronto doesn't even get called for a penalty.

Last night no penalty on Orpik and only a 2 min minor on a deliberate knee to the head of a downed opponent. That move is even forbidden in mixed martial arts and is cause for a disqualification.

I don't get what the deal is and why the Bruin's are a target of poor officiating lately but it seems the game plan of other teams is to take cheap shots on the Bruin's and then skate away from them when they try to hold you accountable afterwards because the refs failed to do their job. Then Bruin's get penalized for retaliating.

As our roster gets more and more depleted my anger grows. I was critical of Thornton last night, but I am asking myself now, what the heck are we suppose to do as a team if this continues?

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Frustrating how many teams are taking liberties with our players. At this rate we will have no roster players left in another 12 games.

The thing that frustrates me ever more is that if Chara, Lucic or Marchand make that same exact hit that Phaneauf makes tonight it's an AUTOMATIC match penalty and likely a very lengthy suspension and the whole hockey world cries "Bruin's are goons!". Yet Toronto doesn't even get called for a penalty.

Last night no penalty on Orpik and only a 2 min minor on a deliberate knee to the head of a downed opponent. That move is even forbidden in mixed martial arts and is cause for a disqualification.

I don't get what the deal is and why the Bruin's are a target of poor officiating lately but it seems the game plan of other teams is to take cheap shots on the Bruin's and then skate away from them when they try to hold you accountable afterwards because the refs failed to do their job. Then Bruin's get penalized for retaliating.

As our roster gets more and more depleted my anger grows. I was critical of Thornton last night, but I am asking myself now, what the heck are we suppose to do as a team if this continues?

I think Cam needs to kick in the door to Bettman and Shammy's offices and read them the riot act.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I'm still astonished it was not a penalty. Flabbergasted.

I'm at the point where, I wish someone had grabbed the ****ing Princess and caved his ****ing face in. I'm tired of his ****ing turtle act. We had the 2 points in the bag, he should have left on a cart.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

I'm at the point where, I wish someone had grabbed the ****ing Princess and caved his ****ing face in. I'm tired of his ****ing turtle act. We had the 2 points in the bag, he should have left on a cart.

You can't do that anymore, remember the great instigating penalty that the NHL brought in so that they could police the game instead of the players.

Wow that sure worked out great, the NHL needs a page from the NFL no hits on defenseless players.

NHL is a joke, guys can get away with anything and their is no recourse.

Heavy suspensions or fines is the only way to go but they will never get it.

I wish hockey was like it was back when players could police themselves, at least if you hit someone from behind you would know that you were going to get your a## beat instead of a 2 day holiday from the long NHL grind.

Oh no $4,800,000 instead of $5,000,000 whatever will I do.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A penalty should've been called for that hit. We have learned an important lesson these past couple of days, the refs don't know what the hell they're doing. It deserves a game or 2, but I swear if Neal doesn't get more...

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
It should have just been two minutes. It was clear the refs were trying to allow an "epic comeback" late in the game for The Leafs, and now the league will try to compensate. Two minutes cancels Bergeron's minor and no one would care.

There needs to be some kind of committee, rather than a lazy vice-principal and his friends choosing where this utter circus is steered.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
It should have just been two minutes. It was clear the refs were trying to allow an "epic comeback" late in the game for The Leafs, and now the league will try to compensate. Two minutes cancels Bergeron's minor and no one would care.

There needs to be some kind of committee, rather than a lazy vice-principal and his friends choosing where this utter circus is steered.

Agreed, very well put.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What the **** is going on, Gronk, Marshy, Kelly, Miller all get gooned in the span of 24 hours. Add in Hamilton and Boychuk being injured in non goon plays. ****.

The other teams fans might as well bring guns to the games and shoot our players at this ****ing rate.

snizzbone*

I think he'll get a game or two.

It really looked like he was going in for a rough pin of Miller but due to him being tripped at the last second he got him in the upper back which knocked him down on an angle into the boards. Phaneuf is not a dirty player, there is definitely no intention of hurting someone on the play. Really was offended by you guys commentators call.

Please accept my apology for the other Leaf fan in this thread being a complete jackoff. He does not represent the entire fanbase, although he does represent a massive part of it on this forum.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think he'll get a game or two.

It really looked like he was going in for a rough pin of Miller but due to him being tripped at the last second he got him in the upper back which knocked him down on an angle into the boards. Phaneuf is not a dirty player, there is definitely no intention of hurting someone on the play. Really was offended by you guys commentators call.

Please accept my apology for the other Leaf fan in this thread being a complete jackoff. He does not represent the entire fanbase, although he does represent a massive part of it on this forum.

Thanks.

You are correct. Bruins fans won't like him regardless but thats what happened. I have a much easier time giving him the benefit of the doubt than Orpik or Neal who are headhunting POS's. Thats not Phaneufs game. I hate Dion too.

He deserves to sit though; pretty horrible for Kevan Miller to have a night where he scores his first NHL goal end like this. And with injuries to others he was about to get some long run in the lineup. If Miller was fine it'd be 1-2 games. I hope its 5 since he will be out a while and we lost 3 key players previous 2 games.

Injuries are a part of hockey but the ones our players have suffered have been from deliberate hits, we need Shanahan to punish the offenders. Can you imagine Mario Lemeuix's behavior if over 3 games he lost 4 players to cheap shots?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Yep.

The refs chose not to call that-there is no way they didn't see it-it was a delayed penalty and Miller had the puck (actually don't understand the lack of whistle until after the boarding).

Shanny really needs to have a sit down with his refs to determine how they blew that call and why they think knees to the heads of prone players is only a 2 minute penalty.

I think given the blown call on the ice Dhanny has to give a game or two. I don't expect more given that it appears Miller may have dodged the concussion bullet (but he sure as heck looked dazed after that hit).

member 96824

Hearing for the officials or do they still go on and get full play for putting the players lives in danger?

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
Northeast
I have to say it : Lucic gets a match penalty in the BOS-VAN game a couple years back for doing nothing and the league rescinds his penalty. Phaneuf gets no penalty for that clear boarding call and gets a hearing afterwards. These refs suck. For everybody.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I have to say it : Lucic gets a match penalty in the BOS-VAN game a couple years back for doing nothing and the league rescinds his penalty. Phaneuf gets no penalty for that clear boarding call and gets a hearing afterwards. These refs suck. For everybody.

nicely put.

It's time the league did something about constant offenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad