PGT -- SummerSlam 2019

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
^^^^ Well put

In the past couple weeks, Ziggler has pinned Balor and Ali and destroyed Rey Mysterio.

Burying Ziggler just makes each of those guys look worse. You can de-emphasize a guy without ruining any credibility he has, which Dolph does have.

Reactions: SnS and ColePens

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
There were a few spots where it looked like he was really conflicted, like he wanted to rip the mask off and revert to his other persona

That's true. I noticed that as well. I prefer him wearing the mask but I don't think he can keep wearing it. People get bored of gimmicks faster than ever before. He'll have to take it off eventually. haha

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
that’s why you flesh out the “heal” persona of this Wyatt. The dude in the funhouse without the mask.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
^^^^ Well put

In the past couple weeks, Ziggler has pinned Balor and Ali and destroyed Rey Mysterio.

Burying Ziggler just makes each of those guys look worse. You can de-emphasize a guy without ruining any credibility he has, which Dolph does have.
Eh, Dolph beat Bàlor only by distraction. Also I recall Goldberg beating Lesnar in short order. I've never been a fan of using those arguments though. Additionally Rey Mysterio has been treated as a punching bag more often than not since he's returned.

I can't imagine another way where Dolph and Goldberg would be better than it was. The superkick has been rendered similar to the clothesline the past few years and I wouldn't buy it putting Goldberg down for any length of time. Plus Goldberg's spear and jackhammer have been made into match killers. I also wouldn't want Goldberg to be anywhere near a longer than 2 minutes or competitive match. I would prefer no Goldberg at all, ideally. There's enough 50/50 booking already, anyway.

Ziggler's black knight shtick made the whole thing entertaining at least.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How do you protect someone while executing a Jackhammer?

I mean I get that the move requires a ton of strength on Goldberg's part to get that vertical hold (with help from Ziggler), but on the follow-through there's really not a whole lot that can be done.

He had his arm around Ziggler in a protective way I don't recall seeing him do before.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I've watched The Fiend's entrance 10 times already. What a fantastic job they did with that. Great camera work. Everything was spot on. Reminded me of when Kane debuted. I got the same type of chills.

Anyone know who the band was?

I've been saying the exact same thing all day. The last entrance to freak me out that bad was when Kane debuted 22 years ago (damn I'm old).

I can't get over how legendary that debut was. I hadn't realised he was holding his own head, with the eyes sewed tight.

There's soooooo many angles to go with that character. He's basically the new Undertaker now.

Reactions: TNT87

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I've been saying the exact same thing all day. The last entrance to freak me out that bad was when Kane debuted 22 years ago (damn I'm old).

I can't get over how legendary that debut was. I hadn't realised he was holding his own head, with the eyes sewed tight.

There's soooooo many angles to go with that character. He's basically the new Undertaker now.

I just remembered the first thing Kevin Dunn zoomed in on was that lantern. Then they went back to it again once it sat on the apron.

Big close up.

Now, though, WWE is editing recapnl vids to avoid showing the lantern.

What gives?

If Bray comes out with a different lantern tomorrow or whenever, I'll be disappointed

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Vince thinking he was the new Undertaker was exactly the problem the first time.

Be ‘the fiend’

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I just remembered the first thing Kevin Dunn zoomed in on was that lantern. Then they went back to it again once it sat on the apron.

Big close up.

Now, though, WWE is editing recapnl vids to avoid showing the lantern.

What gives?

If Bray comes out with a different lantern tomorrow or whenever, I'll be disappointed
Reminds me of parents losing it in the 90s when Al Snow action figures were coming with what they called a "severed woman's head".

Could be a thing to appease parents. Or maybe they legitimately think it's too scary.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
^^^^ Well put

You’re not supposed to remember that first part.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Will Bray Wyatt ever wrestle as the Firefly Fun House persona? I think it is needed to really get the split-personality character over to the next level.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Will Bray Wyatt ever wrestle as the Firefly Fun House persona? I think it is needed to really get the split-personality character over to the next level.

I was realllllly hoping he'd be in backstage segments in the sweater and act like nothing happened in the ring. Maybe even wishing his opponent good luck after the match is already over. Stuff like that.

Nonetheless - presentation is A++++ right now. If it progresses even further, great.

Reactions: donkshow

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^^^ Well put

These are the reasons I honestly do not watch. Had no interest in last night. In NXT - the promos don't put guys down as often as WWE. Constantly you will hear dream say "I know _____ is great. But i'm the Dream." Everyone talks about it. You build your opponent up so if you lose, you look good as well.

Blah i could rant for days. It's WWE's fault they don't have multiple mega stars. Feeding Goldberg's ego as the cost of like 3-4 people is just stupid. That is that was someone like MJF or a cool heel instead of an older Ziggler. Then the match starts and Goldberg gets shocked real quick in the way he used to beat down guys. Boom - a legend putting over a star.

But nooooo feed that 50 year old ego.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
why is Goldberg beating another part-time guy such a touchy issue lol

I think that was my whole point. Why is he fighting another part timer? What is it doing for anyone? And the point up above that Ziggler was built over 3 other wrestlers to just get handed.

MCG... are you busy at the gym or are you reading this thread? :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think that was my whole point. Why is he fighting another part timer? What is it doing for anyone? And the point up above that Ziggler was built over 3 other wrestlers to just get handed.

MCG... are you busy at the gym or are you reading this thread? :laugh:
well I saw the random mention of MJF and kind of lost track, admittedly.

it was a harmless segment on the show that got the crowd hot, and Heyman has a role for Goldberg moving forward for short matches as an attraction.

the only one who was probably harmed a little bit was Ali for losing to Ziggler, but he got over and got a nice pop for his run-in in that segment too.

using 5 minutes so Ziggler can sell his ass off & the crowd gets hot harmed no one imo

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I can't stop listening. I think this is amazing. Beyond amazing. Might be one of the greatest themes of all time.
During his entrance on Sunday, I thought the chanting in the background was "BURN! KILL! BURN! KILL!" and I was blown away and in disbelief.
When I realized they were chanting hurt heal hurt heal I was mildly disappointed, but it's still the best theme I've heard in years.

Reactions: Kakko and ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad