PGT -- SummerSlam 2019

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That was a tough one for me. Not a single match stood out. We literally had one moment and that was Bray absolutely killing it. That just felt like a rando PPV and not a big time SummerSlam.

+++ Bray: That remixed entrance is amazing. I loved it. I loved the whole presentation.
+ ? I cannot tell you one wrestling match worth watching in that whole show.

--- Lots of slow matches.
- Goldberg filling his ego after embarrassing himself in $A.
- Like.. a lot of slow matches.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
since other one is at the limit

Natalya/Becky - **1/4
Goldberg/Ziggler - DUD
Styles/Ricochet - **3/4
Bayley/Ember - **1/4
Owens/McMahon - **1/2
Trish/Charlotte - ***1/2
Randy/Kofi - **1/2
Wyatt/Balor - NA
Lesnar/Rollins - ***1/4

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ahhh i forgot about Owens/Shane. I actually enjoyed that. KO is mega over. Hopefully Shane is off. However it didn't feel like the payoff we needed. Like I wanted to see Shane murdered.

That Kofi match. WTF were they thinking? That was the ultimate 10 year payoff. Why prolong that? If you want to prolong the payoff, let Orton win! Orton would be a mega heel and Kofi on the chase is what people love. Christian/Orton was perfect.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
And here we go:

WinnerLoserRating (/5)
Becky LynchNatalya2.5
GoldbergDolph ZigglerN/A (squash)
AJ StylesRicochet3
BayleyEmber Moon3
Kevin OwensShane McMahon3.25
Charlotte FlairTrish Stratus3.5
Kofi Kingston
(retained, not won)
Randy Orton2.5
Bray WyattFinn Balor3.5
Seth RollinsBrock Lesnar3.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Deliciously average with a few low points. Nothing dreadful though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Match 1: Bad Wrestling | Bad Booking
Match 2: Bad Wrestling | Acceptable Booking
Match 3: Meh Wrestling | Acceptable Booking
Match 4: Meh Wrestling | Acceptable Booking
Match 5: Good Wrestling | Acceptable Booking
Match 6: Good Wrestling | Good Booking
Match 7: Average Wrestling | Bad Booking
Match 8: Good Wrestling | Good Booking
Match 9: Good Wrestling | Surprise Booking!!!​

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Rollins winning was fantastic. He won it clean, he won over the crowd, there wasn’t a low blow to cheapen it, it wasn’t 4 minutes long. Great match. Best match either guy has had in awhile.

Bray was amazing. Loved absolutely all of it from start to finish. If there was a nitpicky thing, it’s that he should have done something else to Balor to write him off, but the whole presentation was just awesome.

I’ve never been a big Goldberg fan, but tonight was pretty damn good. And Ziggler cracked me up asking for more and calling Goldberg lucky was hilarious. Sold the hell out of the spear.

Owens finally found his calling. The anti hero is the perfect role for him and hopefully Shane is done.

Three big negatives though.

1, booking Kofi and Orton as a double countout is brutal. Either have Orton win and Kofi chase or have Kofi retain and Orton attacks afterwards.

2. I realize everything made sense for her to win, but the crowd had been dead for awhile, and Charlotte winning only exacerbated the issue. They came alive when it looked like Trish would win and I think it would have helped the other matches had she without damaging Charlotte too much.

3. One of the matches that helped kill the crowd was one that should have been better. We all rightfully ripped Nakamura for going through the motions, at what point does AJ Styles start to get that because it’s been awhile since a Styles match has delivered and it’s not like he’s not had the right opponents (Orton, Rollins, Ricochet).

Reactions: I Eat Crow

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
It was boring because the result of each match was predictable other than Seth regaining the UC.

Everyone knew Balor was going to put over Wyatt before taking his leave, both women's champions would retain, Kofi would retain, the heavily pushed OC would retain the US Championship, Owens wasn't losing a match where his career was on the line, Goldberg was there to redeem himself after SA, and Trish would put over a current talent in her last match.

Yawn.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ahhh i forgot about Owens/Shane. I actually enjoyed that. KO is mega over. Hopefully Shane is off. However it didn't feel like the payoff we needed. Like I wanted to see Shane murdered.

That Kofi match. WTF were they thinking? That was the ultimate 10 year payoff. Why prolong that? If you want to prolong the payoff, let Orton win! Orton would be a mega heel and Kofi on the chase is what people love. Christian/Orton was perfect.

Kofi couldn't lose. If Kofi loses, then it kills the story dead and makes Orton right. He wins dirty and outsmarts the face. Seen too often, it only gets people less over.

Faces stay over when they get pissed off and beat the shit out of people.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
I don’t know why anyone would consider it a surprise that Seth Rollins is the Universal Champion after Summerslam. I feel like it was pretty obvious he was going to get the belt back after he was the winner in that 6 man match or whatever it was they used to name him the number one contender again, and not someone else.

Why they took the belt off of him only to give it back the next PPV is anyone’s guess. I just never felt like they were going to keep it on Brock for a lengthy period of time so soon after the last reign. Another thing that did not surprise me in the least was Brock being cool with putting in a month of brief appearances to win and lose the belt again in short succession. I think we know well enough by now that Brock Lesnar seems pretty comfortable doing whatever Vince McMahon asks of him as long as the pay is right.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know why anyone would consider it a surprise that Seth Rollins is the Universal Champion after Summerslam. I feel like it was pretty obvious he was going to get the belt back after he was the winner in that 6 man match or whatever it was they used to name him the number one contender again, and not someone else.

Why they took the belt off of him only to give it back the next PPV is anyone’s guess. I just never felt like they were going to keep it on Brock for a lengthy period of time so soon after the last reign. Another thing that did not surprise me in the least was Brock being cool with putting in a month of brief appearances to win and lose the belt again in short succession. I think we know well enough by now that Brock Lesnar seems pretty comfortable doing whatever Vince McMahon asks of him as long as the pay is right.

The one guy Vince knows how to book is the one he has the least control over

Reactions: TomP24684

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I've watched The Fiend's entrance 10 times already. What a fantastic job they did with that. Great camera work. Everything was spot on. Reminded me of when Kane debuted. I got the same type of chills.

Anyone know who the band was?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I like that Bray wrestles with his creepy mask. It adds to the aura of his gimmick.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If tonight's show is any evidence, WWE and AEW clearly have a working relationship. Ricochet borrowed Cody's old Stardust gear.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Just got done watching the replay and i must say it was a decent show.Trish was really good for someone who hasnt really worked in years.I didnt expect much from that match,but it was really good by both ladies.much better then i expected.That entrance by The Fiend was fantastic-loved the Bray's head lantern with his hair as the handle.The eyes looked like they were opening and closing too.Good stuff.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
wyatts lantern....... wow
besides the pin during mandible claw, huhuuh, i loved everything about it.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The bray head lantern was super creepy- to the point of disturbing. I do wish they had a bigger blow off to write out Finn for a while.

Also I don’t think a single match on this card is better than the worst takeover match yesterday.

Oct 18, 2011
I saw edges entrance and all I could think of was that they put no effort into the sets anymore it looked like raw. It's disappointing a top 3 PPV gets no effort from the WWE and I feel like it sets the tone for the show

Reactions: SenatorsHockey

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
only watched some highlights but man, The Fiend entrance was incredible

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Man.

The Bray Wyatt entrance was incredible. He may not be the best wrestler out there, but there have been a shitload of horrible wrestlers pushed to the moon. The gimmick is incredible and Wyatt has done a masterful job so far. I don't want to get excited for where this goes, because it's the WWE, but we'll see.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The lantern is subtly effective, it's like the light coming from to going to, or a conduit to either his old self or his face-self.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->