"We got this"

9e101b50-d4bd-11e3-bc6e-b1e5697491ad_851624433.gif
"It puts the lotion on it's skin.."

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Letang said he's "less nervous" since returning from stroke. Admits he was "afraid to make mistakes" at start of playoffs #Pens

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Beau Bennett, with what appears to be ice bag strapped to left wrist, is watching optional practice from the bench. Bylsma just joined him.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Eight skating at Pgh optional: Orpik, Glass, Engelland, Conner, Pyatt, Megna, Zatkoff and Vokoun.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
It's odd how Glass is perceived by the media here. Ron Cook thinks he brings a lot of toughness and energy. Madden always says that the Pens need more Glass, and was *****ing the other day about how Vitale is playing over him.

Because PGH media is full of of the typical yinzer, seriously. They NEVER talk about hard stats, they never do a legit analytical study to propose some problem with the team. All the PR reporters do (Rosenbaugh, Yohe, Rossi) is try to alleviate negative pressure/attitudes when the team is playing bad, and try to rub it in when they're doing well. Then you have Dejan, who thinks he is a genius about every sport. Yet, he rarely actually backs up his assertions, rather, I'd say he is better at persuasive writing than most, and he will cater to the crowd that is harping on the Pens. Then there is Madden, he is a straight business man, and will throw out any opinion that he knows will garner opposing beliefs, because he wants controversy and ratings. For instance, it takes some modern day geocities blog writer to actually come out with something like this: http://jeffveillette.com/2014/05/06/lets-talk-save-percentages/. There Yohe, that's where the "Fleury haters" are, living in the past 5 years, afraid that it's going to all fall apart again.

Edit: forgot about Shelly, who is the reporter for fans like my Mom.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
It's an optional practice. Probably just icing it down. Don't think there's anything to worry about.

Exactly. Everyone has something bothering them, and the only people practicing are the scratches. Nothing to worry about there. It's an ice bag, not a cast :laugh:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Exactly, we cannot let this continue, I really don't understand why we got away from how we played sunday night. That's how you win. You control the game, the puck and you initiate on the forecheck. Unlike last night.

I don't like (Jacques Martin)/(Kevin Constantine)/(Jacques Lemaire) style prevent hockey, but until it stops working, the knives should probably be put back on the rack.

Teams with worse rosters than we've got have won it all this way.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Because PGH media is full of of the typical yinzer, seriously. They NEVER talk about hard stats, they never do a legit analytical study to propose some problem with the team. All the PR reporters do (Rosenbaugh, Yohe, Rossi) is try to alleviate negative pressure/attitudes when the team is playing bad, and try to rub it in when they're doing well. Then you have Dejan, who thinks he is a genius about every sport. Yet, he rarely actually backs up his assertions, rather, I'd say he is better at persuasive writing than most, and he will cater to the crowd that is harping on the Pens. Then there is Madden, he is a straight business man, and will throw out any opinion that he knows will garner opposing beliefs, because he wants controversy and ratings. For instance, it takes some modern day geocities blog writer to actually come out with something like this: http://jeffveillette.com/2014/05/06/lets-talk-save-percentages/. There Yohe, that's where the "Fleury haters" are, living in the past 5 years, afraid that it's going to all fall apart again.

Fleury, Quick and Crawford suck? Ok.

They have like 4 cups in the last 5 years lol.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If you think Glass has any use, then you are a stupid person.

"He hits!!!"

But his hits provide nothing tangible on the ice. He never separates anyone from the puck with his hits, because the puck is long gone by the time he does. In other words, it never interrupts a breakout or causes a defenseman to do something he doesn't want to do. All his hits end up being is a statistic. A useless one. Players know how to take a hit from a guy who is coming at them at a crawl.

"He blocks shots!!!"

Forwards with a ton of blocked shots are guys who never possess the puck and have to play the role of a meat shield because they're always defending. Why put yourself in that spot to begin with morons?

"He fights!!!"

Honestly, when's the last time a fight deterred anyone from doing anything? How often does he even do it to begin with? When he was on Sid's wing, did he prevent Dubinsky from nailing Crosby 50 times? Man, Dubi looked ****ing terrified!!!

Then you add his negative, which are plenty. He can't skate. He can't possess the puck and when he does, loses it immediately. He can't forecheck in any effective way. And last but not least, simple math has shown that he's one of the WORST players in the LEAGUE.

Honestly, enough of this Glass ****. Wake up yinzer media fools, the guy is crap.

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, except that article is severely flawed in it's logic. FYSM said it very well:

"Save percentage is partly a function of the defensive team in front of the goaltender. Until that is properly accounted for, using it as a statistic to rate goaltenders is severely flawed. Not all opportunities are the same; a breakaway and a 50-foot slapshot both count as a single shot."

Why even use statistics if you're going to use them in such a dumb way?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The blocked shot part makes me laugh. Nisky, Martin, and Beau had three HUGE blocked shots last night. Sutter has had some HUGE blocked shots. But I love when people say Glass is the only one blocking. :biglaugh:

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
But...But...But

He blocked THREE SHOTS from SHEA WEBER in the same game!!11

tannerglass.gif

(sorry for the gif origin)

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I don't read any articles or listen to Pittsburgh media. They are "yes men/women" who have no stones to write a deflating or constructive critique of a Pittsburgh sports team. ANYONE who has played hockey, hell watched it long enough and knows what to look for, can tell you that Glass is one of the most useless players to ever put on skates. You have morons like Stiegerwald beaming about his 10 hit game! (or whatever the **** it was) against the Wild earlier this year. So what?!?! The guy hits people routinely 3 or 4 seconds after the puck is gone, which means he's out of position and not doing anything to impede the process of the other team gaining our area. He has arguably the worst hands of any F i've ever seen in my life. He's slow as shiiiiiiiiit.

Yet the media and casual fan loves the guy.

Then there is Scuderi circa 2013/14.....see above

Anyway, i give credit where credit is due. Danny B sat Glass for Gibbons 2 games back. I would have NEVER thought it possible. Really, all that is left is Scuderi getting tossed for Despres but that would probably signal the end of the world, so.....

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's odd how Glass is perceived by the media here. Ron Cook thinks he brings a lot of toughness and energy. Madden always says that the Pens need more Glass, and was *****ing the other day about how Vitale is playing over him.

They are all idiots.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The blocked shot part makes me laugh. Nisky, Martin, and Beau had three HUGE blocked shots last night. Sutter has had some HUGE blocked shots. But I love when people say Glass is the only one blocking. :biglaugh:

Do people really say that?

I think the best is how it's lauded as a special skill that warrants a roster spot all on its own. The only positive of Glass' shot blocking is that it doesn't matter if he gets injured, a better player will probably replace him anyway.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Ron Cook doesn't know anything about this sport. I know people say that a lot about Pittsburgh media, but in his case, his ignorance makes the rest of them into hockey MENSA.

Driving in my car today listening to him rant about how none of the coaches nominated for the Jack Adams had to deal with absences by important players like Dan did. He's oblivious to both Tampa and Detroit's situations, but feels confident enough to call the lack of Dan's nomination for the Jack Adams "completely ridiculous."

It was kinda funny how the other guy's like "can you even name a Tampa player other than Stamkos or St Louis? Because Stamkos missed half the year and St Louis is in New York now." Cook's only answer to that was to get a lot louder and angrier and accuse the guy of being a "hater," basically. Didn't name anyone, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad