OT: PGH Lounge - The Birds Here Are in Misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Summer semester... DONE! Only two left and I'll have my goddamn MBA.

Nice, that's awesome. :nod:

I thought about an MBA for a bit, but it would be almost identical to my undergrad and isn't really valuable for what I've been doing to this point and I really didn't want to so I ditched that idea.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
yeah it is. it's a popular movie theatre, but even still...there aren't that many people there on an early morning day

right, I was thinking you meant the option was there for every seat all day, not that it was the only way to see any movies there. Weird. But I guess if it's available for every seat, it has to be that way unless they want to deal with forcing people to move all the time. But yeah, that does seem weird.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok this net neutrality stuff. Someone tell me if I got this right.

So without it, your isp can slow down a service it doesn't like, for example if your isp is cool with Netflix it will load just fine but if it isn't a fan of Amazon then that won't be prioritized for loading. With net neutrality, it wouldn't discriminate. Correct?

Why is that a bad thing then?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

So without it, your isp can slow down a service it doesn't like, for example if your isp is cool with Netflix it will load just fine but if it isn't a fan of Amazon then that won't be prioritized for loading. With net neutrality, it wouldn't discriminate. Correct?

I believe we are wanting to protect net neutrality. They are trying to get rid of it, leading to the former scenario.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

Why is it a bad thing that ISPs can arbitrarily decide what content to restrict or inhibit the free viewing of? I feel like the question answers itself, to be perfectly honest.

This is a good summary: https://www.savetheinternet.com/net-neutrality-what-you-need-know-now

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I believe we are wanting to protect net neutrality. They are trying to get rid of it, leading to the former scenario.

Ah ok. So if I come back home to the US my president is an infantile dip **** and my isp can limit **** by whomever they have in their pockets or vice versa.

What a time to be alive.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Ah ok. So if I come back home to the US my president is an infantile dip **** and my isp can limit **** by whomever they have in their pockets or vice versa.

What a time to be alive.

Yeah, the only two groups of people who seem to think net neutrality is a bad thing are ISP companies and Republican lawmakers. Sadly, the chairman of the FCC is little more than one of McConnell's stooges.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah I went to a movie in Monroeville a couple of months ago and had to do that and it threw me off. Luckily there were about 6 people in the theater so it didn't make any difference. :laugh:

Had the same thing happen to me. First time I've ever had to reserve seats, and it just so happened to be during a matinee when there was only me, my friend, and some weird dude that sat way at the back.

I suppose he would have been even creepier if he chose to sit right next to us in an otherwise empty theater. :laugh:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

I get the "main" point of it, but I kind of want to know what other "fine print" things are attached to it, too, and I don't think I'm anywhere close to caught up on what those are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad