Pgh 2-1 OT loss: 1 point at least

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Therrien's main knock in my opinion is his arrogance as a coach. He takes the most baffling decisions because he believes his own hype when they actually work, which is like 35% of the time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who could we possibly add? when you can throw out a combination of Markov, Gonchar and Subban, you'd think even throwing out a couple timbits would have a legitimate chance at a higher pp% than we currently have.

they need a cannon on the point ala Nygren (not saying he's the answer or not). Our 2nd PP wave has Gonchar and Beaulieu who in a combined 51 games this year have 1 goal between them. Need someone that can put the puck in the net with a big shot imo

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
they need a cannon on the point ala Nygren (not saying he's the answer or not). Our 2nd PP wave has Gonchar and Beaulieu who in a combined 51 games this year have 1 goal between them. Need someone that can put the puck in the net with a big shot imo

We have that player you're looking for, the problem is he's constantly double teamed. Forwards need to be more creative down low, that will open up the point shot again.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...a canon from the point is still rather useless most of the time when the goaltender sees every shot clearly...a big body with some hands in front of the net is a more pressing need right now...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
...a canon from the point is still rather useless most of the time when the goaltender sees every shot clearly...a big body with some hands in front of the net is a more pressing need right now...
An who does he send to the front of the net...? DD and Bgally.............Sekac and Eller on the bench...:shakehead

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Why has galchenyuk disappeared?not to mention he s getting destroyed physically as well. If mb doesnt find sum offensive help soon we aint going anywhere in the playoffs.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Why has galchenyuk disappeared?not to mention he s getting destroyed physically as well. If mb doesnt find sum offensive help soon we aint going anywhere in the playoffs.

That was the double edge sword to moving Chucky to C.

Who do you get to replace his goal scoring at Wing? And it looks like Chucky is not the goal scorer for the Habs at C like he was at Wing.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal

Who do you get to replace his goal scoring at Wing? And it looks like Chucky is not the goal scorer for the Habs at C like he was at Wing.

He started off scoring a bunch, with Max rediscovering his passing game. However it looks as though he may be hitting a wall, we knew growing pains were a strong possibility.

HabsDieHard*

He has 6 points in his last 9 games, which doesn't include the hat trick.

He's 20 years old and on pace for 54 points, despite putting up almsot no numbers on the PP all year.

He's playing just fine, no complaints with him at all.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
He has 6 points in his last 9 games, which doesn't include the hat trick.

He's 20 years old and on pace for 54 points, despite putting up almsot no numbers on the PP all year.

He's playing just fine, no complaints with him at all.

Yeah, but that is the pace Desharnais was on while having Galchenyuk scoring goals on the wing with Pleks.

Now, Pleks does not have goal scoring wings and Galchenyuk is not scoring goals.

It seems we may have taken one step forward and a step and a half backwards.

HabsDieHard*

At what point in the season was Desharnais on pace for 54 points??????

And I'd rather see Galchenyuk have his growing pains at center now, than in the future...so if Desharnais can't produce on the wing, find someone who can.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Our biggest problem is the PP .. Gally + Chucky = 0 pp goals so they need to change it up. Id try;

Patches - DD - Chucky
Sekac - Pleks - Eller/gally

Also they should change up the system on pp .. TB doesnt have someone sitting in front to score on the pp they move the puck very well which we can do as well if we change the system up.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Therrien's main knock in my opinion is his arrogance as a coach. He takes the most baffling decisions because he believes his own hype when they actually work, which is like 35% of the time.

People around here get so theatrical when they bash the coach. Arrogance? Hype?

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
2 points in 4 games is far from "disappearing", if he goes 5 games without a sniff, they we can start to say that he's missing.

He s creating zero chances offensively. That is a problem.jesus even dd is creating the odd chance on the 3 rd line.and i wont even start with lars.

Nynja*

Our biggest problem is the PP .. Gally + Chucky = 0 pp goals so they need to change it up. Id try;

Patches - DD - Chucky
Sekac - Pleks - Eller/gally

Also they should change up the system on pp .. TB doesnt have someone sitting in front to score on the pp they move the puck very well which we can do as well if we change the system up.

Youre worried about zone structure...last game they didnt even get the ****ing zone. In 4 PPs, 3 of them were spent in the neutral or habs zone because they couldnt even set up.

Carry the ****ing puck in instead of dumping it in and losing it because the other team knows were dumping it in.

HabsDieHard*

He s creating zero chances offensively. That is a problem.jesus even dd is creating the odd chance on the 3 rd line.and i wont even start with lars.

Lol, why are you saying Deshanrais is on the 3rd line? Does that make his underwhelming offnesive numbers seem less underwhelming or something?

Desharnais is playing 2nd line left wing, and not doing much there.

As for Eller...start with him.

You could talk about the tough minutes he plays, his solid faceoff percentage, or the fact that he's tied for 151st for ES points by forwards this year (which means he's producing at a top 6 rate at even strength).

So, where will you start?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

4 goals and 9 points in last 10 games where the Habs are 7-2-1. But of course, HIM at C is part of the problem. :laugh:

For someone that creates the odd chance, DD's got 2 points in 8 games while Galchenyuk has 5 in the same span as someone that's creating zero chances. Even Lars has 4 points in that same span...same as Plekanec. I wonder where's the problem in the names listed above that is relied on for offense. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
People around here get so theatrical when they bash the coach. Arrogance? Hype?

I think you need to make the difference between bashing and criticizing, because Therrien, just like every coach in the game, is not exempt from it.

Theatrical? What is theatrical about what I said? I defend Therrien when I hear things that don't make sense to me, but you can't say some of his bench management is random as heck at times. He's known around the league for being a gut feeling type of coach, it's just that many times, he thinks he can hide the sun with one finger and throws everything off the window because he feels that something odd might happen that might spark the team. It's just who he is, it's part of his DNA as a coach. You take the good and the bad, and that's the bad with Therrien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad