Golf: PGA TOUR 2024 FedExCup Season

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Unreal record breaking round by the US Open winner, Wyndham Clark.

60 at pebs, course record.

He's the clubhouse leader at -17. Serious talks that they could shorten the event to 54 holes because of weather tomorrow and beyond.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Unreal record breaking round by the US Open winner, Wyndham Clark.

60 at pebs, course record.

He's the clubhouse leader at -17. Serious talks that they could shorten the event to 54 holes because of weather tomorrow and beyond.
He’s leading now. Luddy had a chance to tie it on 18 with an eagle, but missed like a 35 footer.

I doubt they play tomorrow. Question would be would they extend it to Monday and will they play in that weather.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He’s leading now. Luddy had a chance to tie it on 18 with an eagle, but missed like a 35 footer.

I doubt they play tomorrow. Question would be would they extend it to Monday and will they play in that weather.

Head rules official said Monday is unlikely, the course would be so wet by that point it will be unplayable.

First update tomorrow 5 am then 9am second update and probably the final decision.

i think the tournaments over

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Conditions are awful right now & expected to get worse later in the day. They will decide around 1PM EST if there will be any play today. I expect this to be a 54-hole total & Clark will get the win.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Niemann didn't even care about his win, lol. First thing out of his mouth was 'Im not in the majors' and he kept at it.

I watched the whole playoff with him and Garcia sure was it was captivating, as any playoff in a pro tournament between some of the best players in the world would be.

But despite a close and tied leaderboard at the top between several guys, watching the final few holes leading up to it was hard and i drifted in and out of watching the broadcast. I'm not one of those anti-liv people, at least not for moral/pol reasons, the golf itself just kinda sucks.

shotgun starts on unfamiliar and obscure courses make it hard to really follow the action and what's going on. that's always been a turnoff to LIV for me

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Didn't realize that DB Strait Vibin finally returned at the Amex after nearly 2 years from injury. Made the cut and then missed at Torrey. Good to see him back and hopefully he sticks on PGA Tour.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
To the points above, I agree FD and Jets, the obscurity of the golf style being played in LIV leaves it somewhat unappealing to many who are not familiar with that format of golf. LIV didn't build a reputation with golf fans before introducing their brand. Hence it felt forced and with the controversy at hand, just seemed like a sideshow in a way that throws money at its problems. Turned many people off right away.

This is especially considering that a large part of golf TV viewership is from a geriatric population (last I checked), likely almost all of which are traditionalists and have been PGA watchers for many decades. You won't change their minds unless you ease them into something and they decide for themselves. However it was doomed to be a controversial thing from the start.

I feel LIV would have been better off doing the traditional normal format for a couple years, then introducing the teams + shotgun format in like a tournament or something. Then reintroducing it yearly or bi-annually.

PGA is a hard bargain league and if you're not a top guy it's hard to really make a consistent living. However, due to its reputation for best-on-best in its most stacked fields, winning on that Tour seemingly delivers a more satisfying feeling and drive to be better than winning in LIV. PGA has grassroots and developmental reaches everywhere from Q school, Korn Ferry, etc. Guys have worked their whole life to win on the PGA Tour, not some new tour.

I'm not a LIV hater, FWIW.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not to sound like a boomer, but the music blaring is a turnoff too. When I play my local golf course I enjoy some tunes in the golf cart or pull cart but if I was trying to win a serious professional golf tournament, I would not wanna be hearing club music blasting all over the course. f*** that. further adds to the feeling that it's all manufactured and meaningless.

also, players aren't necessarily playing for and earning the purses they win in the tournament. Remember there was reporting and likely confirmed that the purses won count toward the lump sum payment/signing bonus a lot of the higher end guys received when signing onto LIV.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
PGA Tour continues to make no sense with weather decisions. Almost by sheer stupidity in their decisions of when to play and when not to play they've manufactured a draw that has Late/Early have 90% of the players in the top 20 this week.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
^ yeah…

Sounds like they've lost control of the tournament. Seen a couple videos of players yelling at fans this morning.

The Tour leaned on and sold the party atmosphere too much.

They will have to do something next year I’d think or players will not commit to the event.

I’m all for drinking and enjoying atmosphere but too many of these people are losers who can’t control their drinking and don’t belong on a golf course

Reactions: Raging Bull

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t see how it adds to a golf tournament to have people who have no interest and don’t understand what they are watching or the customs of the sport to attend.

I actually think it’s a very good course and it usually produces an exciting tournament, but they need to make changes to their business model.

Way too many fan-player incidents this week.

Reactions: TB12

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
  • Haha

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
That was a GRIND by Nick Taylor. Have to give credit on that win. Other than the 72' winning putt at the Canadian Open, this win was more impressive to me. He absolutely dug in and wouldn't let go and when he needed to he turned it up a notch. I was so impressed.

Sort of sad for Hoffman as that would have been a great story too.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Hell ya, Nick Taylor! So clutch down the stretch, birdieing 5 of his last 6 holes (2 in the playoff)

Also, watching Rahmbo get frustrated with LIV crowds/music, etc. is f***ing hilarious. He will snap at some point this year and I will enjoy the hell out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad