Pettersson or Rantanen

Who do you want?

• Total voters

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
I think Rantanen puts up about a PPG or a bit over on the Canucks with our trash lineup. Pettersson is around a PPG as well, so it would be a pretty lateral trade.

For the Canucks, I'll just stick with Pettersson.

Except EP is PPG on the Canucks as a rookie.

Kresnik

Mar 14, 2011
Sweden
To play with Mack and Landy, which i would say makes up the best line in hockey right now makes it hard to really know just how good he really is, i mean all of them are on sterioids together. But sure Rantanen is better at the moment, but there are other factors that might favor Pettersson going forward, he is a rookie, he is younger and he don't got Mack.

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
If this was measured at their peaks I'd take Petterson, and right now i would probably take Petterson . I think that Rantanen is amazing but is overrated because of his gaudy stats that he puts up with Mack. Petterson is a center and creates his own offence without linemates like Mackinnon. No offence at all to Rantanen, but Petterson more dynamic.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Some people are actually picking EP. Lol. And I love that kid, he is going to be a superstar pretty much guaranteed in the nhl but taking him over Rantanen is just foolish. You hope he turns into what Rantanen is now and Rantanen isn’t even close to his ceiling yet, neither is EP but still.

I don't see anything bad at picking Pettersson. More important position, doing really well on both ends, huge potential and production wise already similar with Aleksander Barkov. I'd personally believe that Barkov would dominate Rantanen in poll even though Rantanen scores twice more than him.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I don't see anything bad at picking Pettersson. More important position, doing really well on both ends, huge potential and production wise already similar with Aleksander Barkov. I'd personally believe that Barkov would dominate Rantanen in poll even though Rantanen scores twice more than him.
Those are solid arguments but does he have over 110 point potential...

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Well Rantanen’s development has been insane. I didn’t think he’d ever be this good. Barkov gets a lot of love because he is elite in all 3 zones and still putting up a PPG. Rantanen is probably the most exciting Finnish player next to Laine though. Barkov plays a very boring game. It’s honestly hard not to say Rantanen isn’t the best Finn in the league because he is lol. Good problem for Finland to be honest.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Rantanen is playing like a superstar and leading the league in points.

I'd personally believe that Barkov would dominate Rantanen in poll even though Rantanen scores twice more than him.
I doubt that very much. 20 points is a massive difference. That being said, this site has many posters who prefer the C almost no matter what because of position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad