Pettersson or Rantanen

Who do you want?

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's actually been quite humorous the lengths Avs fans have gone this year to almost discredit MacK so they can give the love to Rantanen. All I've heard this year is basically Rantanen is "carrying" the line. It's almost as if they feel that now that MacK has established himself as one of the best players in the league and it's become common knowledge, they can utilize that by discrediting him to raise Rantanen's public stock. Both players definitely raise each others' game but no GM in the league would take Rantanen over MacK.

Well if you compared Mack from the first 20 games of this season to the Mack of last season they weren’t even close. Now the last 2 weeks Mack’s been on fire and looked like the hart nominee he was last year. But rantanen was clearly the better player between the 2. It’s not some weird agenda we’re pushing it’s just the truth.

Reactions: cgf

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Quick question. I just signed up recently, and I can't vote on polls. Is there a waiting period, minimum posts or something else that is keeping me from voting?
It might be the fact that this poll is so premature and lopsided, that you can't actually vote. I'm not an expert though.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's actually been quite humorous the lengths Avs fans have gone this year to almost discredit MacK so they can give the love to Rantanen. All I've heard this year is basically Rantanen is "carrying" the line. It's almost as if they feel that now that MacK has established himself as one of the best players in the league and it's become common knowledge, they can utilize that by discrediting him to raise Rantanen's public stock. Both players definitely raise each others' game but no GM in the league would take Rantanen over MacK.
Those evil Avs fans trying to trick the rest of us into acceptinng they have two superstars!! If they keep up the tricking us thell win the cup!!! Watch out!!! Dont fall for the HFBoards Avs fans propaganda people!!

Anyways, Canucks fan saying Rantanen

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
For potential reasons (and considered positional need) I voted Petterson but obviously Rantanen is far ahead currently. He is also older.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I think Rantanen puts up about a PPG or a bit over on the Canucks with our trash lineup. Pettersson is around a PPG as well, so it would be a pretty lateral trade.

For the Canucks, I'll just stick with Pettersson.

Reactions: CP4

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Not at all Haha. It has to do with people constantly calling Mikko the passenger when hes much more and this season hes been the driver much more tha Mac.

I've also never heard Avsfans discredit Mack. Only mention that he wasn't playing like last season. Hes picked it up in Novembet though and is looking much more like his MVP season form. (I know he didnt win btw)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Some people are actually picking EP. Lol. And I love that kid, he is going to be a superstar pretty much guaranteed in the nhl but taking him over Rantanen is just foolish. You hope he turns into what Rantanen is now and Rantanen isn’t even close to his ceiling yet, neither is EP but still.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Some people are actually picking EP. Lol. And I love that kid, he is going to be a superstar pretty much guaranteed in the nhl but taking him over Rantanen is just foolish. You hope he turns into what Rantanen is now and Rantanen isn’t even close to his ceiling yet, neither is EP but still.

If EP played on a line with MacKinnon and landeskog he would score more points than if he were to play with Goldobin and Eriksson

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

this is Rantanen's ceiling

98-110 points. Do you think his potential is outpoint McDavid by 10-20 points each season after this?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Rantanen scored 20 goals 38 points in his rookie season, very respectable. But let's just dismiss Pettersson who will lead the Canucks in scoring with 60+ points as a rookie center with Goldobin and Virtanen/Eriksson

Like somebody else said I think Rantanen is a ppg player on the Canucks centered by Granlund

Leivo - better Granlund bro - Rantanen will score loads and lead the Canucks to the playoffs

lawrence

May 19, 2012
voted Pettersson. I think he will be one of the best in the future.

Rantanen scored 20 goals 38 points in his rookie season, very respectable. But let's just dismiss Pettersson who will lead the Canucks in scoring with 60+ points as a rookie center with Goldobin and Virtanen/Eriksson

Like somebody else said I think Rantanen is a ppg player on the Canucks centered by Granlund

Leivo - better Granlund bro - Rantanen will score loads and lead the Canucks to the playoffs

poll was made with intentions of seeing Pettersson lose.

hfboards never change.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
And I love that kid, he is going to be a superstar pretty much guaranteed in the nhl but taking him over Rantanen is just foolish.

if you think this way you should have called out the OP for making the poll instead of the people voting Pettesson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad