Pettersson or Rantanen

Who do you want?

• Total voters

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
If I was a bottom dweller like the Canucks I would not trade EP for Rantanen right now. This poll is super random though and the two players have nothing that really warrants comparing the two.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eh, Pettersson is 2 years younger, is so far having a much better rookie campaign, and is a C. Even if “smart money” is on the guy leading the league in points right now, I’m still taking Pettersson long term.

Rantanen also has the luxury of playing with MacKinnon and I think some on here are forgetting how good he is in the “shadow” of what Rantanen has done so far this season.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Eh, Pettersson is 2 years younger, is so far having a much better rookie campaign, and is a C. Even if “smart money” is on the guy leading the league in points right now, I’m still taking Pettersson long term.

Rantanen also has the luxury of playing with MacKinnon and I think some on here are forgetting how good he is in the “shadow” of what Rantanen has done so far this season.

It's actually been quite humorous the lengths Avs fans have gone this year to almost discredit MacK so they can give the love to Rantanen. All I've heard this year is basically Rantanen is "carrying" the line. It's almost as if they feel that now that MacK has established himself as one of the best players in the league and it's become common knowledge, they can utilize that by discrediting him to raise Rantanen's public stock. Both players definitely raise each others' game but no GM in the league would take Rantanen over MacK.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
It's actually been quite humorous the lengths Avs fans have gone this year to almost discredit MacK so they can give the love to Rantanen. All I've heard this year is basically Rantanen is "carrying" the line. It's almost as if they feel that now that MacK has established himself as one of the best players in the league and it's become common knowledge, they can utilize that by discrediting him to raise Rantanen's public stock. Both players definitely raise each others' game but no GM in the league would take Rantanen over MacK.

Or maybe Rantanen actually did outplay MacKinnon for the first 20 games or so this season, and everything is not carefully crafted messaging to push a desired narrative.

We're hockey fans, man, not politicians.

member 116861

Or you know, they've watched both of them all season. MacKinnon has finally turned it up the last 7-8 games.

Reactions: cgf

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Quick question. I just signed up recently, and I can't vote on polls. Is there a waiting period, minimum posts or something else that is keeping me from voting?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
One of the few players I take over Pettersson is Rantanen. Rantanen is incredible.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Why is this even a poll? Very unfair for a great rookie in EP.

And then I see EP has 30% of the votes???? Yikes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Or maybe Rantanen actually did outplay MacKinnon for the first 20 games or so this season, and everything is not carefully crafted messaging to push a desired narrative.

We're hockey fans, man, not politicians.

Oh you
Or you know, they've watched both of them all season. MacKinnon has finally turned it up the last 7-8 games.

Are you suggesting that just like Mikko needed 20-25 games last year to adjust to MacK's takeover, MacK needed ~20 games to adjust to Mikko's takeover this year? Crazy talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad