Proposal: Pettersson for Barzal

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I would do this but I believe Barzal is up next year. He might get a lot even if he had a bad year.

I like Barzal better than ep at the moment but it all depends on his new contract.

I would do something like Miller for Dobson Wahlstrom, and a 2nd . Or dobson, ratty, and a 2nd though.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I don't think Miller could fetch Dobson 1 for 1. Dobson is 22 year old soon to be (if not already) top pairing dman whose a right hand shot.

Reactions: Tomatoes11

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I don't think Miller could fetch Dobson 1 for 1. Dobson is 22 year old soon to be (if not already) top pairing dman whose a right hand shot.

You might be right but let’s market it as Miller is proven and Dobson isn’t yet and see if Lou lam is senile enough to take it. Lol

Reactions: MarkMM

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I just checked and Barzal’s contract isn’t due next year. However, Barzal is due same year as Horvat and Miller. So yeah it doesn’t make sense for us either.

I think he gets 8 or 9 regardless of how poor he is performing this season. If he gets over 80 points next year he probably gets 10 million.

Miller for Barzal would make more sense for us.

Last edited:

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Nick Suzuki for EP? Thoughts? I would be pretty tempted despite Suzuki not having huge numbers. He just reminds me of Toews, who also never had huge numbers. Maybe one season he did but usually not.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Nick Suzuki for EP? Thoughts? I would be pretty tempted despite Suzuki not having huge numbers. He just reminds me of Toews, who also never had huge numbers. Maybe one season he did but usually not.

This really doesnt solve any of our problems, nor does it make us better in any scenario.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
I have not been a part of shit*ing on EP40 parade, but not a chance NYI does this in the present circumstance.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Ew no. We're worried about Petey not returning to form and you want to trade him for Suzuki who has 8 years at $7.875M AAV left on his contract? I have to think long and hard about that trade even if Montreal throws in their first round pick in the upcoming draft. I think Suzuki is a good player but his contract requires him to be a #1 C. I rather bank on Petey returning to form than Suzuki improving enough to justify his contract.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I just checked and Barzal’s centra the isn’t due next year. However, Barzal is due same year as Horvat and Miller. So yeah it doesn’t make sense to us either.

I think he gets 8 or 9 regardless of how poor he is performing this season. If he gets over 80 points next year he probably gets 10 million.

Imagine thinking Miller for Barzal was worth even bringing up. Miller is very good, but he's not a comparable asset to Barzal.

Pettersson for Barzal makes sense as a change in scenery trade if the teams are pessimistic about their player signing long-term. I think with the additional year, Pettersson is a marginally more valuable asset, but the trade would be in the reasonable range.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I asked Chicago fans this to see what they think, but Pettersson for Dach?
Damaged goods. Dude needed more time in juniors and got rushed to a bad team with a bad coach, and has had significant injuries to boot.

We shouldn't trade EP at all, but if we do it better be based on the value of his best play and Dach isn't close.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I think that's a terrible return.

I just looked at it as a good way to free up some good cap space, get a center back, who was drafted pretty high and obviously looks to be struggling a bit but still only 20 maybe a new fit might help both, won't cost as much to resign Dach and they're producing pretty much the same this year :D

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Damaged goods. Dude needed more time in juniors and got rushed to a bad team with a bad coach, and has had significant injuries to boot.

We shouldn't trade EP at all, but if we do it better be based on the value of his best play and Dach isn't close.

Cheers, don't know much about Dach, just read how he was possibly rushed a bit, but then saw how he's pretty much producing at the same rate as EP this year, 3 years younger, Canadian and a center and much cheaper and thought hey maybe...

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I think we should offer Kane a one year league minimum deal. Play him with Pettersson and see if the two click and maybe it works out for both players. Keep Kane on a short leash and if he screws up he's done. Really no risk and possible huge payoff.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I just checked and Barzal’s centra the isn’t due next year. However, Barzal is due same year as Horvat and Miller. So yeah it doesn’t make sense to us either.

no shit. isles lol n hang up

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I am not sure why islanders would trade barzal or Dobson.. might just be a down year for them, not sure hitting the panic button is necessary.

If Canucks could get barzal/Dobson I’d probably be all for it, just don’t see it happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad