Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I just want 1 NHL team to be our bitch the way we have been for everyone else so long. Closest thing we have is the Blues, as we're 4-0 in playoff series against them.

The Canucks have, historically, destroyed the Blue Jackets but I don't think there's many teams with losing records against the Blue Jackets.

I do find it amusing that the Canucks have more wins against the Kings than any other team. 117 wins, 101 losses, 32 ties, and 11 OT losses.

Reactions: Indiana

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
7Usw0ME.png

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The fact that Bruce has kept breaking up Kuzmenko and Petey over the season is hilarious. He just loves screwing with lines.

Kuzmenko now has more points than JT Miller.

At this point I’m whatever in Bruce Boudreau, guys here collecting another paycheck and the ‘talent’ on this team is bailing him out.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Pettersson scoring in OT and getting his 6th point and Hat trick goal on that rush would have had the city buzzing for weeks still will probably.

Said this before, going from Henrik Sedin to Elias Pettersson immediately is insane. Franchise’s take decades to get a center man of this calibre

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's a version of the Canucks 'with' and 'without' Elias Pettersson. Without Petey they're legitimately in the Bedard sweepstakes. With him they're probably an 80-90 point team. Not good enough for the playoffs, but not bad enough to bottom out.

On the negative side of ledger, another nightmarish night by the Canucks blueline. One of the most laughably bad efforts I've ever seen from Myers. Tell me again why they scratched Ethan Bear? And Schenn might have been just as bad.

And a defensive tandem of Stillman and Burroughs. Seriously? They'd struggle with the Abbotsford Canucks. In the first five minutes of the first period I counted five outright giveaways in their own zone, and three eye-ball to eyeball chances against Martin.

And speaking of Martin, he was a nice story for awhile. But being forced to play every night, the warts are starting to show. He just looks small in the net and his rebound control isn't remotely good enough.

I'd like to see them give Silovs a look.....a bigger goaltender who's' far better at handling the puck and seems to track pucks better.

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
If Jack Campbell is in, it’s possible.

Against Stuart Skinner…still possible, I guess.

But McDavid is going to make absolute hay tomorrow, no matter how many we score.
Skinner has been one of the biggest surprises, at least for me, this year.
Sure, I can see 3 goals against him, but this feels like a 4-3 or 5-3 Oilers win.

Unless, Super-Christmas-Petey shows up again....

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad